Name tags and announcer

Forum for discussing ET TV

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Smoke

Name tags and announcer

Post by Smoke »

Ever since the beginning of ETTV I have yet to see a way to disable name tags (name of players hovering above their heads) and the ability to hear the announcer ("They have repaired the tank!" etc.).

Is either possible or what?
b_pwnage 1
Fusen

Post by Fusen »

on ETTV the nametags will because you are shoutcaster, so ummm the only cvars that look like they might do the job are

seta b_spectatorNames "1"
seta b_demo_nametags "0"

but I'm not sure about that one as there aren't any client specific shoutcast cvars afaik

but the disable the announcer is easy

seta cg_announcer "0"
________
IV
Last edited by Fusen on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smoke

Post by Smoke »

I'll try b_spectatornames 1 the next time I watch ETTV (although I'm not sure what you meant by being a shoutcaster). Thanks.

The announcer bit is not easy. I always have cg_announcer on so it can't be that.
b_pwnage 1
Lagger

Post by Lagger »

there aren't any announcer sounds as a spectator, has always been that way. bani will nevar change it! ;)

shoutcaster is an extended spectator mode where you can see mines, nametags, dyno counter... it's original purpose was for shoutcasters, hence the name.
Smoke

Post by Smoke »

Lagger wrote:there aren't any announcer sounds as a spectator, has always been that way. bani will nevar change it! ;)
"OK"
Lagger wrote:shoutcaster is an extended spectator mode where you can see mines, nametags, dyno counter... it's original purpose was for shoutcasters, hence the name.
What does that got to do with anything?
b_pwnage 1