Class and team changes trigger scripts

Request/discuss new banimod features here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Drasil

Class and team changes trigger scripts

Post by Drasil »

Oops, posted this in the wrong place, it applies to etpro, not banimod. Sorry, nothing to see here.

--

Like the subject says....

I have written a script for et and this would be very handy. The map changes I use already to provide spawn selection by name and map-specific quick chats, but if the user changes team or class in limbo or if the server switches the user's team then the script becomes confused as there is no way for the game to tell the script the change has occoured (AFAIK). I know that there are enhanced commands for selecting team and class independantly, but if I put these in the script then I break compatibility with non-etpro servers.

I imagine it would be fairly simple to code and it would be very useful to me and the others who use the script. If you wanna check out the script it can be found here.

Thaks for your time :)
Last edited by Drasil on Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
{WWS}*Drasil*{UK}
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

why not have an etpro version and a non-etpro version
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Drasil

Post by Drasil »

gotenks wrote:why not have an etpro version and a non-etpro version
Hmmmm, that's an interesting idea. The script takes the form of a whole bunch of little files, I initially tried to make it using variables and vstrs but I ran out of the memory ET allocates to such things. Am I correct in assuming that if I put the relevant versions in etmain and etpro directories, then etpro will by default load the one in the etpro directory while vanilla and shrub servers will cause the one in etmain to be execed?

It's a kind of ugly solution, but if that's the case then it should work I guess. Thanks for your help :)

-- EDIT --

Just thought of a problem with that. The script still needs to know what team the player is on in order to give the correct spawn point menu. Less importantly it uses this information to give the correct weapon names when selecting loadout (thompson/mp40 etc.). It would solve the team-swap issue, but not these 2.
{WWS}*Drasil*{UK}