Special Command "Award"

Request/discuss new banimod features here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

SchuteMie

Post by SchuteMie »

Bani, I like this idea. 8) And like in UT, there could be multiple levels of this, 1st level for killing 4 in one life, 2nd for killing 8, etc. (Arbitrary numbers.)

I am just not sure what form the award should take. I see a few forms. (THIS IS FROM THE INSTAGIB GOLDRUSH VANTAGE POINT ONLY.)

1. Bonus gold
2. Speed boost
3. Gold weight reduction
4. Armor
5. Frag bullets

--Bonus Gold-- :moo:
Some of the discussion already in the thread concerns bonus gold. After getting the award, then killing each enemy produces 1 (or some number of) extra gold or double gold, but the gold would still have to be collected normally. And that could be by the "owner" (the guy on the spree) or by other people on either team. So I think all this would do is make much more gold available, bigger goldrushes when they happen. That would be alright, but would not necessarily benefit the "owner" or even his team.

Now what if the owner got the gold bonus added to his inventory automatically (without having to collect it)? Probably would encourage campers, but then you always gotta beat campers, or you are gonna get owned.

--Speed Boost-- :wink:
I guess the basic form of this award is a percentage additional speed for some duration. Are there then two options here for granting successive awards (killing spree, rampage, etc.)?

A) 2nd award gives additional percentage speed--you could conceivably get too fast to play well. :shock: I suppose that speed wouldn't benefit or encourage campers.

B) 2nd award extends duration of the 1st award's speed boost. This would keep a player from getting too fast. And would the boost end at death? In instagib, that would be a short-lived award. :roll: Maybe it could carry across death. :angel: I would prefer that the time would not count down while player is in limbo. Otherwise, it would make the award have random values, based on when in the respawn cycle they got you.

--Gold Weight Reduction-- :thumbup:
This is similar to a speed boost, but when you got the reward, your 6 gold would weigh like you were carrying a certain number many less, and so on. Or a certain percentage less, like 1st award=25% less, 2nd award=50% less. Again this is only an award to you if you are the one that collects the gold from your massive ownage. But that would be okay.

--Armor-- :sniper: :gunman:
This would allow you to take one hit without gibbing, and gib on 2nd hit. But then, this is really punishing the enemy and it is no longer instagib. I don't think this is suitable for an award. Someone else may think otherwise.

--Frag Bullets-- :grenade:
For each award, you get x many (e.g., 10) frag bullets. The next 10 bullets you shoot work on same speed and trajectory as normal instagib accurate Mauser, however, if they hit an opponent, they fragment with the same radius as grenades, so maybe you could kill 2-3 at once. 8) Cool. Multiple awards would give you another x many (or x+y many) fraggers.

Lots of options, open for discussion.
________
Mercedes-Benz W120/121 history
Last edited by SchuteMie on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RammStein

Post by RammStein »

Speed boost, gold weight reduction, and double the gold will definitely make it more interesting, the others are a little too much.
OdaOwnzYew

Post by OdaOwnzYew »

a really good award is the medal of honor
awarded if you kill 7 guys with a single colt 1911 clip
(which actually happened once)
(one guy killed 7 charging axis soldiers in 7 shots with a single colt clip)
(a movie of this was later made, but at the time they couldnt get blanks to shoot semi-auto from a colt 1911, so the movie had him with a luger, which is historically incorrect.)
Remember
Only Oda Ownz Yew!
:grenade: :grenade: :grenade: :grenade:
I AM THE Wheedwacker:KING OF SLUGS