"/callvote team_kick teammatename"?

Request/discuss new banimod features here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Indifference

"/callvote team_kick teammatename"?

Post by Indifference »

I've got an idea for allowing you to kick a TKer. I'm not too sure if it can be done, but if so, It would be great, even in ET if it's added.

If you define a relationship between GUIDs(so name-changing is mute) and the team that they are on(Spectators, Axis, Allies) and build a cvar or two and, Viola :!: you get a team_kick voting cvar. That would mean that you would only need a majority vote from you team, not all playing GUIDs. And if GUIDs are used in the cvar, then you can kick them even if they change teams, as long as the vote was called before they switched.

But hey, I don't program games. It might not be possible. I know more than the average player about skins, and cvars, but I've only tried my hand at mapping. Is there anyone out there that is more familiar with the source code and understands what I am saying? :?:
I appreciate Medics... They make nice targets in my scope.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

it'd be possible, however if your on a team that doesn't like you for some stupid reason you don't stand a chance... however the teams are usually ballanced with idiots so i think it'd be a good idea
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

i thikn this would work wrong if there is a clan on 1 server whit like 4 member on 1 side and 1 spectator willing to joni their side.

but he cant caz some player is still on the side of his clan members

then the clan can ezly kick that dude to make their member join i mean that would suck
Indifference

Post by Indifference »

=FF=im2weak4u wrote:then the clan can ezly kick that dude to make their member join i mean that would suck
So then the guy on the clan's team should have gone to Spectator to allow the other clansman to jion up with his clan. After that, the player can join the other team. I've done that several times for [EA] and [407]. It's neat to play against a clan. You can learn their tactics and find their weaknesses and exploit them. A not-too-organized team finds the ocassional hole in a clan's plan of attack.

I notice that clan-teams tend to move in groups comprised of different classes. First kill the easiest guy in the group, except for the pilots. Wait a second or two, lob a gren that you've pulled the pin from so that it explodes on the guy you killed as soon as it lands.

It probably won't kill the guy, because the group medic probably already revived him, but that medic is toast. Without health, the squad is cut-off in enemy territory. C/Os in a group should be dealt with first, always, no exceptions... Unless there is a guy with a panzer pointed at you.

That normally stalls the advance of the enemy clan-team, giving the motely crew a chance to face the clan in the main battlefield instead of near their respawn.

But then again, what do I know? I always try to do the anti-llamma thing and join the team with the lowest score.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

clan teams usually have alot of order while the opponents team has very little, and only newbie clans run entirely together, clans should not team stack except maybe on their server...
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Indifference

Post by Indifference »

I mean like fireteams. Multiple small groups. [407] will do that most of the time on the trenchtoast goldrush server. One through central clearing and a few others over the flanking ridges. It's a highly successful technique.

They rush for the tower passage with a CO in tow so that they can collect the gold that they drop because they respawn in the same place that they die. The other team plays hell trying to get them out of there, but if they don't, the clan-team comes pouring out of the tower. Then you get a couple of enemy spys running back and forth over your own base.

It makes for interesting gameplay, though. Like I said, Medics are prime targets until they get to a secure respawn nesting location. Then you have to gib, not just kill, the CO. Grens are your best bet at that point.