Banimod Objective League

Request/discuss new banimod features here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Old Buzzard

Banimod Objective League

Post by Old Buzzard »

Being fairly new to Banimod, but not to Rtcw or the tournaments I'm wondering if there is any league out there for the dedicated Bani player. I know there is the Goldrush League, but I'm more interested in an Objective/Stopwatch/MP league. This would be based on the same type of ladder as the OGL, or other gaming leagues.
If there isn't one available, is there enough interest out there for a start up, it wouldn't take to long to initiate a tourney schedule.
I'm sure that with some interested Clans, single players and hopefully a few Admins (Please Goat, Please Wimpy, Please other Banimod Admins) we could get this off the ground and have a good first tourney season.
I'm willing to do a lions share of the organization, just need the committement of some Admins and clans, as well as single players to participate.
If interested, just leave a response here, or pm me on this forum, I will answer all.
Old_Buzzard /[TSF] Bezerker
Why am I here? Oh yeah, where's the bathroom!

http://agingm.proboards34.com/index.cgi
-[x]- Surge

Post by -[x]- Surge »

i think it's a great idea my boys should be up for it.i think goat to have to talk to him about it 8)
Please visit our site it has a brand new look

http://www.x-clansoldiers.com/

please visit and join our forums if you want to stop by and hang out.
Woodman

Post by Woodman »

I'd definately be in!

Just need to find a bani-clan............
The Mighty Wood
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

the organizers of the goldrush league tried to set up a obj league and only zer0 and x signed up... hopefully you have more luck
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

well maybe the leak should be for single players not for hole clan since banimod still doesnt got much real obj clans

just like me i like obj banimod but my clan is goldrush so the wont sing up
Old Buzzard

Post by Old Buzzard »

T'is true. There are several ways to approach this. We can have single elimination 'last man standing' tourneys, or other. The Xian OGL tourneys depended heavily on single players to fill the gaps, some Xian teams were made up of totally non clan players, and were quite successful.
I can appreciate the loyalty to the Goldrush league, all this is, is simply an option to those who prefer Bani to shrub, or OSP but still want the action of the tourney.
One thing to keep in the back of our minds, as the popularity of other games grow (ET, BF1942, Ravenshield, etc.) the popularity of Rtcw continues to decline, I think that Banimod is one of the saving graces at this point. Banimod Obj tourneys will help spread the word of the versatility and adaptability of Banimod. Keeps the juices flowing!!

Old_Buzzard/ [TSF]Bezerker

Bucknutz

Post by Bucknutz »

I like the idea of a last man standing OBJ tourney, maybe just a small one at first with teams of 4-6? I think it might be possible to scrounge a few other {Zer0}s to go in on a bani tourney. The ET guys are already competing in the TWL league, but our clan's big enough to spare a few RTCW diehards I'm sure. :wink:

As for goldrush however? Bleh. :tut:
Rehab is for quitters.
Bucknutz

Post by Bucknutz »

Old Buzzard wrote: The Xian OGL tourneys depended heavily on single players to fill the gaps, some Xian teams were made up of totally non clan players, and were quite successful.
Old_Buzzard/ [TSF]Bezerker
Of course a bani league would be a great excuse for some of the individual players to band together into their own mini-clans, even if it's just for league purposes. Yep this sounds like a good idea to me.
Rehab is for quitters.
{Zer0}Eclipse

Post by {Zer0}Eclipse »

yeah, sounds fun. Just need people to get it up and going.
-[x]- Surge

Post by -[x]- Surge »

i think there be no limit to the lives full obj with sw that's what i'm talking about 8)

{Zer0}Eclipse

Post by {Zer0}Eclipse »

-[x]- Surge wrote:i think there be no limit to the lives full obj with sw that's what i'm talking about 8)
I agree :D
Woodman

Post by Woodman »

Any more word on this? I'd love to see it happen.
The Mighty Wood
Old Buzzard

Post by Old Buzzard »

Thanks for the inquiry Woodman, actually I've been researching the OGL's website. going over the guidelines and have been in contact with some of the referees I knew from the tourneys.
There are a couple that are willing to help out as far as refereeing, but that's it. But a couple is fine.
The next big step is to adapt the OGL rules to Bani, ie should we allow jetpacks, co's, spys or scouts. This is all something that never happened in shrub or OSP. It will definitely take a consensus, because there are many mixed reactions about the use of non-traditional soldiers in Rtcw. This could definitely be off the ground by the holidays.
Thanks for the inquiry, and I'll keep everyone interested posted, If anyone would like to be a part of the organizing process, just pm me here and I'll respond as soon as I get the message.

-[x]- Surge

Post by -[x]- Surge »

you know if any i should be the man to talk to.i know there are pilots but they should be off.cos,scouts and spies should be allowed.esp since cos make it more challenging. 8)

Woodman

Post by Woodman »

I agree. I think that (as fun as it might be) we can't have pilots.

As far as the rest, I don't see why not. The more "bani" mods there are, the better. As we are attempting to start a "bani" league.

Which would be easier a league or a ladder?

If we had a 6v6 ladder, peeps could form teams & compete (even if they weren't in a clan) present company included.
The Mighty Wood