Anyone Else Notice that Csports is not Tracking Them?

Any discussions that are non-rtcw/et related go here.

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

GOAT CHEESE

Post by GOAT CHEESE »

duke'ku wrote: or fuck csports anyways, the rankings mean absolutely nothing.
I find it more amusing for the amount of hours I and others play, much more then a ladder. What counts is kickin' ass and having fun.
bacon

Re: Now you see how bored I am today

Post by bacon »

GOAT CHEESE wrote:
bacon wrote:Putting a disclaimer on a post...now that's just sad.
You thought I was serious about the disclaimer? NOW THAT IS really sad....lol
No but it was still sad.
MuDvAyNe

Post by MuDvAyNe »

Even if Csports was 100% accurate, and you were number one, it still wouldnt mean squat.
<Sh>MuD
Indifference

Post by Indifference »

Actually, a disclaimer isn't a bad idea here. This place can ignite faster than a can of Naptha in a microwave!
I appreciate Medics... They make nice targets in my scope.
GOAT CHEESE

Post by GOAT CHEESE »

At the risk of re-igniting the flame of "rankings don't mean anything" I want to update ANYONE WHO CARES that I've e-mailed back and forth with CSPORTS and they did fix the reporting problem on server, GOAT WORLD Bani Objective. At least they seem to have.

There was an error on there side.

GOAT CHEESE
Bone Fish

Goat Cheese

Post by Bone Fish »

I still didn't see a change as of 2 Sep 03. I went from 22 to 3,368 and it still shows I haven't played since 14 August. Is it something I have to fix on my end? Just curious, cause I'll still play even if they rank me dead last...
IMI-URU
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

listen if you wanna believe in csports rankings then, you got another thing coming.... any server that csports tracks has the potential of serious fraud, hence why many of the ppl call it bs, okay, here is a little example of why, and ppl will understand..... screwing around one day on a nameless bani obj server with an individual's map we took the names of several 'top' players on the ranks, we had edited his map so that when he got the docs and secured them that he would get i think like 10 million points or whatever..... so the person with his real name won a couple of times, the following day we checked csports to see how 'accurate' the results were, and lets see, it said that this nameless person scored something like 500,000,000 points that day, due to the ranks of his oponents and the scores that he got, he also jumped in ranks from about 400 to like 3rd i think overnight, i refuse to name this person and you can bash me or yell or whatever at me, but i just find it amusing that ppl at the top take the rankings seriously when fraud can SO EASILY occur, now if they had a system of tracking ppl aside from names alone, they'd prolly manage better, but since they don't, thats why Wolfplayer is like #3 in stopwatch rankings, because so many noobs don't change their name and that name gets placed in the rankings :roll: how many of you will take these ranks serious now?
Till DEATH do us Part
OrgyBanana

Post by OrgyBanana »

WOO! Broggy! Diggin' Up three-day-old topics! But for very good reasons.

HUG ME BROGGY!
{Zer0}Eclipse

Post by {Zer0}Eclipse »

heh, i'm ranked 4th :D Lots of {Zer0} up there :D
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

{Zer0}Eclipse wrote:heh, i'm ranked 4th :D Lots of {Zer0} up there :D
that's because you're a point whore
tWIStd

Post by tWIStd »

duke'ku wrote:
{Zer0}Eclipse wrote:heh, i'm ranked 4th :D Lots of {Zer0} up there :D