I have proof that you may not deny my potential to be god!

Any discussions that are non-rtcw/et related go here.

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

CorpseGrinder

Post by CorpseGrinder »

gotenks wrote:i said if they don't understand the argument... eg. they have never been to earth (lol) you start an argument that the sky is blue, they are from a planet with higher co2 and iron content in the air they see the sky as red everyday. They will argue even though they are not fully comprehending of why the sky is blue... do you get it now?
Phog is trying to make a point here... you can not say someone is wrong based on YOUR OWN beliefs, to do this is rediculous and impossible, are you telling me that you could win an argument against a muslim, jew, buddist, or any other religion stating that Christianity is right because Jesus says so???
1. No look at what you wrote. You did not say "if they don't understand", you said "if he is trying to prove a point."
2. I'm not arguing with Ph0g. I never said he was wrong, I only asked him a question. His initial statement connot be disproven at this point and time. Given.
3. Not sure what your second paragraph has to do with anything I said, or are you even talking to me. I never mentioned Christianity or different beliefs. You talkin to me?
I am a loser that can't handle commitment.
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

Phog
Who the fuck is this Phog you speak of Gotenks?
I am Ph0g, you are not.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

gotenks wrote:... if he's trying to prove a point it looks like the people he's trying to prove the point to don't understand and therefor argument should be dropped.
CorpseGrinder wrote:...So then your saying if it is understood it is not debateable...
gotenks wrote:i said if they don't understand the argument...
;) the second paragraph was directed to cow and the like
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Der Kammisar

Post by Der Kammisar »

Albert Einstein wrote:Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
:P
=SWAT=DerKammisar
lethaldosage

Post by lethaldosage »

I know I'm a little late on this one but I just read it.I only read the first few posts too so If I repeat something already said, sorry...........You say you are "God". What is God by definition?

God
1.A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.
2.The force, effect, or a manifestation or aspect of this being.
3.A being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by a people, especially a male deity thought to control some part of nature or reality.
4.An image of a supernatural being; an idol.
5.One that is worshiped, idealized, or followed:

1.You are not conceived this way by anyone. Did you create the universe?Are you the principal object of a monotheistic religion?
2. What effects do you have on the human race?
3. Do you have any supernatural powers? Are you an idol? You are not worshipped.
4. What supernatural powers do you behold?
5. Where's your worshippers or followers.

You failed to prove you are "God". By definition....or otherwise........We can deny the fact that you say you are "God" until you provide some evidence. You can be your own god.......Yet the rest of the human population can deny this because there is no faith in you. . It's easy to deny your potential to be god unless you show some supernatural power you hold or even a manifestation of of god's power in creation.I know you don't really think you're god but you're supposedly "impossible arguement to win" can be won. Definition aside, anyone who's ideal god whether its in the Christian faith or their god is a cockroach, their idea of god is not what you are. Therefore they can deny you're potential to be god.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

so by your definition all he has to do is get 1 person to follow him and he'd be a god??? that's a pretty easy task to fill
My Website
lethaldosage

Post by lethaldosage »

Well he could be a god to someone else but me personally, I can deny his potential to be god because he doesn't have the characteristics or power that the god I believe in holds. The question isn't whether he can be a god, it's whether I personally can deny his potential to be god according to his first post.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

but your not denying his POTENTIAL your saying that you don't believe he's god
My Website
-[x]- badman

Post by -[x]- badman »

well also take this into mind. GOD has nothing but noble intentions to follow. all 10 of them.

Phog has only 1 and thats kiss his A$$ and admit hes a god. so by those standards hes a pretty lousy god if u ask me.

what are phogs reward for following his godhood? God's reward is ETERNAL life in heaven in the pearly gates.

u decide. ahhh people say what if god is real or not real. u will find out when u are dead. or just get it over with yourself and just shoot yourself and find out :D

whatever the case is. make your choice follow phogs religion for nothing.

and be awarded nothing.

or beleive in god or the toothfairy and take your chances.

what ever floats youre boat people. :D
are u ready to die!
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

ok so what your saying is follow 1 religious belief (catholicism for example) and go to hell because god's mormon???? or follow ph0g's belief and not get persecuted in the afterlife?
My Website
SHVDKTY (ID)

Post by SHVDKTY (ID) »

I know you siad you came in late but here it is for you...I already used the define what God is and according to Phog's religion there is one characteristic that is valued higher than any other...and the persone with the most of that characteristic would be God. Here is his quote:
Ph0g wrote:Characteristic X is being able to old the IP 67.160.95.8 for the longest amount of time :).

Actually. Characteristic X is Ph0g-Logic, dare anyone deny my title of most superior in Ph0g-Logic?
He then went on to say:
Ph0g wrote:I said the characteristic valued so great by my faith was Ph0g-Logic . Because I have the most Ph0g-Logic, I am considered the being of greatest superiority. Thus, as my faith sees it, I would reign as the god.

You can't prove the tellings of my faith wrong, as I can't prove the tellings of anyone else's faith wrong.

This means that my faith, which believes I reign as superior being, has the potential to be accurate. In such a case, I would be god, the superior being, over all!

So we can all see just how completely stupid his argument is and how stupid and UN-logical his whole thread is. All religions out there worship a being of higher power, whatever they may call him/her/it. It is always something they believe has some sort of supernatural, extraordinary power. Hell even those who worship the devil do so because they believe he has power. Name a religion, they all do it. All except for Ph0g's. His G0d has Ph0g l0gic, an extreme case of superiority complex, narcissism, and egomaniacal behavior. Hmmm some God! What a joke this is.

BTW ther is an interesting definition of an egocentric personality. Check this out:
Main Entry: ego·cen·tric
Pronunciation: "E-gO-'sen-trik also "e-
Function: adjective
Date: 1894
1 : concerned with the individual rather than society
2 : taking the ego as the starting point in philosophy
3 a : limited in outlook or concern to one's own activities or needs b : SELF-CENTERED, SELFISH

I think we have a winner.
lethaldosage

Post by lethaldosage »

gotenks wrote:but your not denying his POTENTIAL your saying that you don't believe he's god
I am denying his potential to be god. Let's say Phog suddenly got the power to walk on water and live forever. Even though he would be considered God by some people, my idea of god isn't a pimple faced teen who plays wolfenstein and suddenly obtained these powers. It's all about faith. God is an object of faith by each single person.

You have a good point too VHD, yet there is different ways to prove him wrong. He's just trying to create an argument that all the religious people can't win and get frustrated at. And I think he is a god to Gotenks, or atleast his little side kick. :lol:
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

sorry lethal that's a christian pov... not an objective pov... you can not deny his potential using christian ideals...
you can however deny your beliefe of his potential
My Website
lethaldosage

Post by lethaldosage »

I have proof that you may not deny my potential to be god!

It doesn't matter if I'm christian, muslim, jewish.......If you read his statement. He is talking to each one of us individually. Because of my beliefs, I can deny his potential to be god because of my faith. Let's say I died and I went to get my final judgement and Phog was sitting there, I still wouldn't believe he is god but a punishment by god because of my sins. I'm not even a religious person, just trying to prove my point.
you can however deny your belief of his potential
So I proved him wrong according to his original post. Because god is based on belief and not physical evidence.
The Big Bad Cow

Post by The Big Bad Cow »

why are we still talking about this?
Memorable Quotes:
"And i'm off like a prom dress."
"This is more fun than a dozen rubber chickens!"
"Its that time of the week again... Yep. I'm in the shower."
"Froth and awe!!!"
:moo: