My Most Embarrassing Moments Playing RTCW

Any discussions that are non-rtcw/et related go here.

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Skippy

My Most Embarrassing Moments Playing RTCW

Post by Skippy »

In another forum I was describing an embarrassing moment involving plier damage and it made me think that it might be fun for all of us to list our most embarrassing moments while playing RTCW. We have all been, some of us still are, noobs in the game and especially with this mod. Let's share our 'war stories' and see who wins the Distinquished Medal of Noob.

I'll start off:

I was recently playing on the Zer0 server as an axis engineer in the assault map. The map changed to Depot so I spawned immediately as an engineer. Making a dash through the lower tunnels I make it to the Allies control panel and plant my dyno without being spotted. I'm thinking 'oh great we're going to win this thing in less a minute...' v57
I am obviously concerned about my dyno being disarmed so I hide around a corner and start tossing grenades to defend my objective from allies engineers. After about 20 seconds I get ambushed and killed, but I'm thinking 'thats ok, you don't have time to disarm'. It was then that I realized that my dyno was not going to explode, like a noob I had already destroyed it with one of my grenades. I apologize to my team for this. One of my teammates asked who the a** was that blew up his own dynomite, well buddy, that was me. :oops: :lol:

Ok, now you share your stories, I know you've got some...
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

Umm...if you planted near the objectives and armed it, grenades won't blow it up...

Not to mention the absence of a gigantic flashing light should have been a flag.
I am Ph0g, you are not.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

bani has it so obj dyno explodes by grenades and by gun shots too now ph0g... i know, i've fallen for this trying to defend wall dyno with nades.
also this is EMBARRASSING it wouldn't be embarrassing if he noticed would it
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Bucknutz

Post by Bucknutz »

Pulled the same maneuver on assault... naded an eng who was disarming my dyno, then hid around the corner with my fingers in my ears waiting for a big bang... 40 seconds later I had a clue something was wrong...
Rehab is for quitters.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i did it on beach... although it wasn't that bad i was far enough from the dyno that an axis was disarming not to get hurt by the nade... but the dyno changed my story
My Website
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

ok, my embarassing time...
wasn't really while playing wolf... well i just got kicked for low score on zer0's server and i went in to remove the ban and when i was done i typed quit to get out of the console... lol
My Website
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

then you made me restart it. bastard.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

LOL... hey i was/am still learning this stuff, when i get my 2 hd's back from maxtor i'll put 4GB into linux till i learn it
My Website
wood144

Post by wood144 »

you might want to put more then 4 GB for linux it takes 2 just to load it.....and then it won't even boot without the disk...ARGGG i hate computers
SHVDKTY (ID)

Post by SHVDKTY (ID) »

how about this one...was playing on Zer0 server the other day...it was packed with Zer0's cause it was practice. Well I got a phone call and wasn't paying attention entirely and warmup ended, I blasted 5 teammates at once with my panzer. It was on the Keep and I was axis so we were all packed into the little bunkhouse spawn area. I got yelled at like there was no tomorrow. Was that ever embarrasing. I had to battle back from being down like -25 right off the bat. I think I ended with 5 or so. It wasn't the only time either...did it once on OC too and they were all like what a N00b. Although I only got 2 of em on OC. It was not my finest hour. :oops: :oops:
bacon

Post by bacon »

A long long time ago on a server, can't remember which one it was. The map was Assault. It was an objective server. I was an allied sniper and I saw somebody planting dynamite near the radio tower. I shot him in the head then the dreaded "You killed TEAMMATE..." message came up. We lost the round.
CorpseGrinder

Post by CorpseGrinder »

Here's a BI2 story. The server was full, bani had the docs and went long. I was allies also and just spawned, ran short. Half way up the ladder I primed the nade to clear the radio out for bani. Well, there were 3 or 4 axis in radio, I tossed the nade right in the middle of them. BOOOOM, got them all, including bani. Naturally I picked up the docs and we won. :lol: :lol: I didn't even get the well deserved ass chewing I expected either. :wink:
I am a loser that can't handle commitment.
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

alright, here's a story, it involves me, but i wasn't the one that this is about, i figured i should share it because i still get a kick outta it, anyway, we had a clan match (back when i was in [QC]) against |XT|, and we were at beach and they had the obj.... half of the team went long and half went short, well one guy decided he was going to plant the dyno in the radio room (a member that i refuse to name, and he is no longer a member), anyways, it couldn't have been timed more perfect, by the time the team realized the docs were going short, we all ran into radio room to eventually go to radio stairs and get back the docs, well, right as 5 ppl were in the room, the dyno went off, he wiped out our entire team except for himself, they ran up shot him and then won, i still can't believe someone would do that in a clan match :roll: , hahaha thats why [QC] had to "re-inventory" players, and this particular player plays with another clan that is well known, i won't say his name or what clan, i'll let them figure out how bad he really is :lol:
Till DEATH do us Part
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

beware corpse... see what your dyno camping can lead too?
My Website
Badhabit

Post by Badhabit »

Hey come on now if your GOOD at dyno camping there's no TK's
But you have to be as good as Corpse or myself for that to be true :twisted:
{Zer0}'s House of Torment 67.19.67.118:27960
{Zer0}'s RTCW server 67.19.67.119:27960
Now Lets Go Kick Some ASS
And thats an Order.