Let's not forget!

Any discussions that are non-rtcw/et related go here.

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

muppetuk

Post by muppetuk »

hey im not American i lost no family or friends on 9/11 but i remember as i am sure the majority of the world does. it all comes down to a single word

respect

you kids have lost touch with reality if u can't tell the difference between movies, games and the real world get a life
go out and enjoy it and make the most of it then maybe you will earn some

respect
alex247

Post by alex247 »

=SWAT=Kenny....Thank you for putting that into words because that is what I was thinking too.

Guys that I went to school with, are fighting over in the war. And for all you that think that we should just for get about 9/11 Just remember what 9/11 has lead up too. Over the past 2 years it has come down to this war for FREEDOM! So forget 9/11? no...because if I did I would be forgetting my friends fighting for me.

:roll: :roll:
BEAVIS|BFC|

Post by BEAVIS|BFC| »

Thx =Swat=Kenny! Those were very good words. Better than i came up with :D

The fact of the matter is this: 9/11 happened 2 years ago. Yes maybe we shouldn't think about it everyday, But at least have the courtisy to think of the people who died and the firefighters that risk there OWN life to save those in the towers. Most of the firefighters, that do the job that they love, got killed in 9/11 that was helping out, rescuing men, women and children. Those firefighters my friends, are the real heroes! I think we also should show a lot of respect for the men and women that went to afghanistan and iraq to fight to Defend our country. Because for all you know, if we just sat back and did absolutly nothing then we would have car bombs soon in the US. People with dynomite strapped to there chests. There would be more terrism attack.

But since we took out the heart of the terrism training camps, then you are able to live your life with less of a fear of dieing that day.

You can bash me all you want, but my patriotism will still stand! I can honestly say that i am proud to be an American Citizen. Proud to live in a country of the free! Now you should actually think about people living in iraq, iran, pakistan, cuba, etc. Those people don't have that opportunity.

muppetuk, i like what you said. RESPECT. that's exactly what i'm talking about! You have to have Respect for the people who died, and people who helped trying to help those that were trapped in those buildings.

One last point, and i'll stop my paragraphs. If you can honestly sit there in your safe home, on your safe chair and tell everyone that we should forget 9/11, then i feel sorry for you. I can't believe anyone would forget the men, women, and children that died in the WTC. For christs sake, think about the people who jumped out of the windows to there deaths. You think about that for a little while.

Sorry for such a long post, i just get carried away with this topic and politics. :)
"I <3 to hate you, I hate to <3 you."
"I'm not a slave, to a god that doesn't exist! I'm not a slave, to a world that doesn't give a shit!"
Boco

Post by Boco »

I personally don't think we should forget about 9/11. I wouldn't care if you don't worry about 9/11 every day of the year, but is one day of rememberance that hard? 9/11 is recent history, so of course people are going to be more emotional about it. But your logic says that it happened and its over, so forget about it. Are you saying we should also forget about the lives lost during D-Day? The anniversary of JFK's assassination? All of these are important events in United States history and shouldn't be forgotten. Given time, 9/11 will fade from memory and much of the hype around it will dissapear. But people will still remember as they remember other points in history. One day of rememberance shouldn't be that difficult.

For the note, my cousin's best friend died on 9/11.
<[av]bani> anything which causes boco pain or suffering is \o/
<[av]bani> guns are cool. just saying the word 'gun' gives me a raging hardon.
<[av]bani> DO NOT MOCK HAPPY FUN BANI
<[av]bani> do not run over happy fun bani

* [NW]reyalP thinks he should write a book... "IP Law for fucking morons"
<KingJackaL> haha
<KingJackaL> I'd buy it : D
<WeblionX> I'd scan every page and put it up as a torrent!
Majikthise

Post by Majikthise »

U.S. Murder rate: 69.3 in 100,000 population. (Compared to Canada's 1.8 in 100,000)

Estimated number of Vietnamese civilians killed in Vietnam war: 587,000
Estimated number of Vietnamese civilians wounded in Vietnam war: 935,000

Hiroshima Bombing: Approximately 70,000 died immediately from the explosion and another 70,000 died from radiation within five years.
Nagasaki Bombing: 73,884 people were killed and 74,909 injured, and 17,358 of the deaths were confirmed by post-mortem examination soon after the atomic bombing.

And that's just our doing, I'm not even mentioning the innocents killed by other countries (Concentration camps, Pearl Harbor, countless suicide bombings in the Middle East)... And we're making a big deal about 2,000+ over here? Seriously, isn't it a big selfish to act like it's the biggest thing to ever happen? And why do people actually act like we're going to "forget" it? Does anyone here -actually- think we'll forget that event? For one, it's being shoved down our throats constantly. Did anyone "forget" any of these other tragic events in history? No, they didn't forget, they just act like anything "newer" is more signifigant.
lhystory

Post by lhystory »

Im with you Majikthise. Theres no point being depressed about 9/11. I, for instance, already forgot what had really happened. And I suggest you guyz to do the same. Whats done, is done, theres no way to go back in time, fix the problem. Every GREAT nation stands for not long. Rome, CAESAR died, it fell. Egypt, Cleopatra died, it fell. Name ANY other great civilazation and Ill tell you why they fell. And US, like Majikthise said, has a very high murder rate. What do you think would happen when it goes higher in about 5 years? Youd be walking through the streets and there would be bodies laying around, Im not even joking. You guyz need to learn to accept whats happened, And it happened because of that country's hate for the US, and there are many more with the same derise to make the US hurt.
Yngwie is the ABSOLUTE GOD!
JEXLIN

Post by JEXLIN »

True, we need to spend more time trying to protect the US than weeping, or protecting other countries. Especially since they are expected to try a chemical attack soon.
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

JEXLIN wrote:True, we need to spend more time trying to protect the US than weeping, or protecting other countries. Especially since they are expected to try a chemical attack soon.
you COMPLETELY missed majikthise's point.

you are the one true moron.
JEXLIN

Post by JEXLIN »

I was just saying I agreed with Majik, and then I made my own point.
OrgyBanana

Post by OrgyBanana »

Your points suck.
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

JEXLIN wrote:I was just saying I agreed with Majik, and then I made my own point.
using that logic, the structure of your sentence makes no sense. majikthise said nothing about protecting the u.s., or chemical attacks.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

Majikthise wrote:U.S. Murder rate: 69.3 in 100,000 population. (Compared to Canada's 1.8 in 100,000)
where does your 69.3 come from? the data I have shows it at 5.6 per 100,000 in 2001. compare that with 10.2 in 1980.

however... australia and britain suffer more violent crime than the US....
=SWAT=Kenny

Post by =SWAT=Kenny »

lhystory i would gather you have the compassion of a pile of dog shit. a simple fact you clearly dont understand; the 9/11 attack was the first NON-wartime attack on US soil since we became a nation over 225 years ago.

majic's stats are wrong as bani has shown. japan was bombed as a result of WAR incase anyone missed that whole concept. if japan had not declared war on the USA then they would not have had nukes dropped on them. some of the 140,000 + may have been innocent however they were supporting their country in a war that had consumed all of southeast asia, china, the islands of the south pacific, incursions into russia and if they were not stopped their couquest would have led them to austrailia and the USA. for you and majic to throw out numbers about ww2 and past wars is completely irrelevant. we were not at war with anyone when this went down.

it pains me to see people like yourselves that are so insensative to the plight of these families and friends. i am disgusted that you two feel that it was just a thing of history. maybe just fucking maybe if we took your parents out and slaughtered them you might have a bit more compassion.

children will now grow up without their parents because the only thing thier parents did was go to work. the firefighters only fault was they gave a shit about the peoples lives and did thier jobs. maybe someday you will be in danger and need the assistance of firefighters. and maybe just maybe they will be the sons and the daughters of the ones that died in 9/11 and hopefully they will have read these forums and can identify that you seem to not give one flying fuck about lives that were lost on 9/11 and they will show up and say go fuck yourself and save yourself.

you guys truely amaze me.
tihs hsidlihc fo eceip a is yefink

If alexjones8194 had a penis it would be called "useless." Reason being is all it would be good for is him stepping on it.
The Big Bad Cow

Post by The Big Bad Cow »

duke'ku wrote: using that logic, the structure of your sentence makes no sense.
Guys, we ALL know that compared to ImTooweak4u's grammer and spelling skills, JEXLIN's sentence was pure poetry! :P

But, seriously, guys, take a look at what has happened since 9/11. Our airports are safer (albeit a lot more annoying with all of the security), our country-rather, most of the world was brought together: we all started looking at the big picture for once and not about ourselves (also, charity funds increased for a while too), and we gained strength and experience after the attacks that helped a lot when numerous copycat attemps were thwarted by the passengers. But, the main reason is what your all forgetting...

Before I tell you, think about WW1 for a sec. It was called "the war to end all wars". It was about the worst thing that ever happened in history. Millions died. Lives were changed forever. We let it happen because no one took any measures to prevent it while we still could. When Germany was finally defeated, we vowed to never allow something like that to happen again. The League of Nations was created to prevent such a thing. Then we forgot all about WW1. The Leauge of Nations let Germany gain power again. They let it train an army again. They even let Germany take over the Balkans and other territories. A couple years later, WW2 broke out. The League of Nations didn't take any measures to prevent WW2 before it bacame a major problem. So, it seems that WW2 broke out because WW1 didn't teach the world a good enough lesson of not forgetting your mistakes.

Ok, switch back to the present. Planes crash into the Twin Towers, killing thousands from many countries. Think about what would happen if the US didn't take any measures to prevent it from happening again. No war in the Middle East, no enhanced airport security to stop bombs from reaching the planes, no attemps from the passengers to stop the copycat bombers from taking over even more planes. Nothing: Everyone would just forget that 9/11 ever took place. You know what would happen? Al Queda would do it again. By now The Sears Tower, The Terminal Tower, The Empire State Bulding, Disney World, and The White House would all have been hit by hijacked airliners. Poof: all of them are now smoldering piles of rubble. Guys, we don't forget great tragedies so that WE LEARN FROM OUR MISTAKES! Sure, we can mourn our dead and have a ceremony for the innocent that were killed, but the main reason we don't forget is to not let it happen again! Idiots who don't learn from their mistakes end up either dead at an early age or living as homeless, hungry hobos. To forget 9/11 is to forget that we need to protect ourselves from terrorism, to forget why we are fighting a war in the Midddle East, and to forget that over 2800 people died because of a couple silly mistakes that the Government made.
Memorable Quotes:
"And i'm off like a prom dress."
"This is more fun than a dozen rubber chickens!"
"Its that time of the week again... Yep. I'm in the shower."
"Froth and awe!!!"
:moo:
Boco

Post by Boco »

The Big Bad Cow wrote:
duke'ku wrote: using that logic, the structure of your sentence makes no sense.
Guys, we ALL know that compared to ImTooweak4u's grammer and spelling skills, JEXLIN's sentence was pure poetry! :P
Maybe that is because English isn't his primary language. Give him a break. At least he tries to communicate.
<[av]bani> anything which causes boco pain or suffering is \o/
<[av]bani> guns are cool. just saying the word 'gun' gives me a raging hardon.
<[av]bani> DO NOT MOCK HAPPY FUN BANI
<[av]bani> do not run over happy fun bani

* [NW]reyalP thinks he should write a book... "IP Law for fucking morons"
<KingJackaL> haha
<KingJackaL> I'd buy it : D
<WeblionX> I'd scan every page and put it up as a torrent!