How To Install phpbb

Any discussions that are non-rtcw/et related go here.

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Do you like this forum?

Yes
36%
No
4%
Dud eSTFU
60%

Total votes: 25

-[SomeonE]-

How To Install phpbb

Post by -[SomeonE]- »

simple kwestion.. i hope!

how do you install a phpbb forum
________
Bluesmobile
Last edited by -[SomeonE]- on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

go to phpbb.com

and please stop posting thx, your posts just seem to repeat what others say or ask questions that are blind stinkingly obvious
ZarkingFardwarks

Post by ZarkingFardwarks »

you forgot to add "poll creator is an idiot"

phpbb: follow the instructions
-[SomeonE]-

Post by -[SomeonE]- »

i wonder who voted yes lol im not even one of them

anyways

duke i respect you, really i really do, but there are some things you need to know, im actually a 15 year old student, in its hardest school year (so i actually have to work hard now:(), and i also play football and have to go to the gym everyday, the weekends i read my books for school ( we get like 2 or 3 per mounth) and at night i go out with my freinds

so i actually only have from midnight to untill im tired(during the weekend) to play a stupid (but addictive game thats actually really good) game, and/or try out some stuff for websites (forums etc) or trying to make some bani stuff work in 1.0

getting a message saying, dude please sto pposting is, in fact, preatty stupid. this forum (if it wasnt for help kwestions (mostly repeated 10 to 15 times a mounth) this forum would be almost dead, and if it wasnt for ppl like bacon (that i trully respect) the forum would be mostly boring (no hard feelings to the ones that try to make it a better place for everyone)

this forum was mainly made for help (running either banimod ETPro or bayonET) other stuff about the games and to help bani creat his mod, witch (no hard feeligns bani i love you) wouldnt be that grat of a mod if it wasnt for (yes you duke) and a lot of other ppl that gave bani some ideas and more to creat this mod

now i can see you coming telling me that (like i said) this forum was mainly made for help and creating purpous on each mod that bani created BUT, you will realize (i hope you already did) that my post is in the OFFTOPIC section of the forum, so if you have a problem with me posting stuff in here well, you dont have to look at it

i voted: dude STFU, and im glad a lot of ppl voted that too, the poll was mainly a joke and i was hoping everybody would vote dude STFU (unless if it was with the idea of hurting my feelings, witch wouldnt at all since i got a lot more to do then getting into a fight with someone i will probably never see)

dude duke, i hope you were on crack (look at your signature if you dont understand yet) when you asked me to stop posting because (and i can garantee) i will not stop posting on this forum 8)

if you have any problems with that contact me im sure we can sort this out

thank you in advance for your cooperation ;)

-SomeonE-
________
8 Series
Last edited by -[SomeonE]- on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

i don't really mean to say stop posting, i'm just expressing my frustruation on the amount of really fucking idiotic posts on the forum. i'm sorry that i sounded so harsh, i really didn't mean it that way.

if you want to know how to install phpbb, look at http://phpbb.com. it's very easy to setup, it even has an install program.
-[SomeonE]-

Post by -[SomeonE]- »

i did a long time ago but it only came with these codings and said you had to write them somewhere, i probably downloaded the wrong things or just didnt look properlly

btw lol i never really throw in kwestions randomlly i always check 2 or 3 times befor askin, or i just dont understand :(:( thats what happens when your 15 and dont know shit about programming lol
________
buy silver surfer
Last edited by -[SomeonE]- on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
-[SomeonE]-

Post by -[SomeonE]- »

correction, it comes with a whole shit load of stuff :)
________
head shop
Last edited by -[SomeonE]- on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

you know you can 'edit' your posts after you make one so that you don't post 5 times in a row and look like a post whore
Till DEATH do us Part
-[SomeonE]-

Post by -[SomeonE]- »

lol yeah but yeah well yeah i guess you vsay ownage me on that one sorry lol
________
magic flight launch box
Last edited by -[SomeonE]- on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheMacOS.com

Post by TheMacOS.com »

Its a bit tricky the first few times around... I'm use to it now... after doing it tons of times... but sometimes I can get confused. :/

depending on how your host has it set up, it may require a few steps or many...

but, in general you need to first create the mySQL database and user first.... cause when you install, you need that info.

but as others said, check out the manual and/or... contact your host for help.
OrgyBanana

Post by OrgyBanana »

And to point this out NOW.. REMOVE those shitty page transactions on your pages! They're SO fucking annoying, and take WAY too much time. And if you can't use PHPBB.. You may want to stay with the crappy forums, so as to not hurt your, already, fragile little head.
[MoB]BeaVis

Post by [MoB]BeaVis »

Rofl!

You can ALWAYS count on Orgy!

:lol:
________
A platform