per request: Should abortion be ILLEGAL?

Any discussions that are non-rtcw/et related go here.

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Should abortion be ILLEGAL

Yes
26%
No
74%

Total votes: 31

GanjMahal

Post by GanjMahal »

I would also classify "murder" as killing someone who has self awareness, excluding people in a comatose state, or; of course, people who are sleeping :D

A fetus does not know it exists. "Killing" an unborn fetus [key word UNBORN, ie. you can't kill something that hasn't even been born yet] is a lot like spraying raid on a cockroach. Is either one self aware? I know I wasn't when I was a fetus.
"I sure wish women would stop fucking with my head and get around to the rest of me."
CarSuperfreak

Post by CarSuperfreak »

CarSuperfreak wrote:sperm + egg = life

Human sperm + human egg = HUMAN life

period

Who are we to kill HUMAN life
whfsdude

Post by whfsdude »

yeah they equal human life. If someone decides not to have children does that make them a killer also?
Shoot To Thrill
CarSuperfreak

Post by CarSuperfreak »

Your missing my point entirly; once you start something, YOU ARE responsible for it! and there is NO responsibility in killing that little baby
ericclemmons

Post by ericclemmons »

GanjMahal wrote:I would also classify "murder" as killing someone who has self awareness, excluding people in a comatose state, or; of course, people who are sleeping :D

A fetus does not know it exists. "Killing" an unborn fetus [key word UNBORN, ie. you can't kill something that hasn't even been born yet] is a lot like spraying raid on a cockroach. Is either one self aware? I know I wasn't when I was a fetus.
No. Completely wrong. I've done volunteer work for the Crisis Pregnancy Center here in Texas (located outside of Houston), and there's a video they have that i watched...most aweful thing you've ever seen.

A scalpal or some cutting device (probably scissors) are attempting to stab the "fetus'" head at the base of the head to kill it, but the baby's squirming trying to get away from the scissors.

You're dead wrong if you think it's unaware of its surroundings. I've seen video taped abortions. That's why i'm pro-life.

In case you don't know, there are few doctors that want to perform an abortion. If anybody can stand seeing a fetus (or whatever you want to name it, in its politicaly correct entity) being literally killed (or having life taken from it, if you prefer), you have lost all sense of morals.
==================
Mr. Luva Luva luvs ya :)
GanjMahal

Post by GanjMahal »

Okay, okay; perhaps the methods used are a bit..barbaric. And my metaphor was a little off, but I still don't see why it shouldn't be the parent's choice.

But I also acknowledge that this is a totally irreconcilable subject... which brings me to my next point:

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics...

Even if you win you're still retarded
"I sure wish women would stop fucking with my head and get around to the rest of me."
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

Cow, absolutely everything you said in your last post can be summed up in one word, WRONG.

Im not immature like you, and i don't bother saying things simply in spite of people, i dont make scarcastic posts on serious topics.

As for my knowledge of christianity, your damed right, i have none. But I have plenty of knowledge on the behavior of christians. And what you said about athiests was plain stupid, because we believe there is no god, our minds are more open to what is right and wrong.

Cow, I have much better things to say than you, with much more logic behind it, drop the age defense now because your only making yourself look bad. My input is unbias, and i don't say anything about anything that I am not sure of.

This is obviously more a womans issue than ours, but we still have the right to debate it.

All i really want to say on this issue is this:

The practice of abortion is well known, legal or illegal it will still happen. Why not provide the service in a safe and supervised environment than leave it to the hands of amatures without proper tools.

Everyone spitting out their points without acknowledging anyone elses won't get us anywhere, so before you make a four line post and leave, why don't you read what we have to say and give us some proper feedback.

CarSuper, we are humans to kill a human life, and it happens every day. I don't want to be cruel, and i wish this wasn't how things were, but if we don't provide safe abortions, unsafe abortions will be available, and many women will seek them....like cow said it might not be as many as I think, but nothings worse than killing both the mother and the unborn, we just can't risk it.

What ganj said was partialy right, you can't call abortion murder, but you can't deny that abortion is ending a humans life, it is more like cutting off the potential. An unborn child has the potential to become a fully aware human, and abortions end it, but there is no possible way to stop abortions all together (except constructing a HUGE micro-radar that can fry every sperm in every testicle on the planet....thus ending the human race), so it is better, although these are cruel words, to end an unborns life than to end both the unborn's and the mother's.

Making abortion illegal won't stop abortion, it may make it harder to find, but it will make the abortions that are available much much more in-humane and dangerous.

It is to ignorant to throw out one point without considering and giving feedback on the other points already made, i don't think that someones input should be taken seriously if they are in-capable of giving feedback on ours.

Cow, before you get ready to quote all my paragraphs, i encourage you to drop all this personal stuff and stick to the topic.
I am Ph0g, you are not.
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

ericclemmons wrote:
GanjMahal wrote:I would also classify "murder" as killing someone who has self awareness, excluding people in a comatose state, or; of course, people who are sleeping :D

No. Completely wrong. I've done volunteer work for the Crisis Pregnancy Center here in Texas (located outside of Houston), and there's a video they have that i watched...most aweful thing you've ever seen.

A scalpal or some cutting device (probably scissors) are attempting to stab the "fetus'" head at the base of the head to kill it, but the baby's squirming trying to get away from the scissors.

You're dead wrong if you think it's unaware of its surroundings. I've seen video taped abortions. That's why i'm pro-life.

In case you don't know, there are few doctors that want to perform an abortion. If anybody can stand seeing a fetus (or whatever you want to name it, in its politicaly correct entity) being literally killed (or having life taken from it, if you prefer), you have lost all sense of morals.
You're completely taking that method out of context. That is a partial birth abortion, and it is only used in cases where the baby will not live for more than a few days after birth and has a very high probability for having a horrible disease (e.g. hydrocephalus.)

Most abortions are performed in the first trimester. They are done with a shot of a saline solution into the embryo, and the embryo is passed after the next menstrual cycle (because the embryo has been aborted, the cycle starts again.) Or, if the embryo is later in the third trimester, it is sucked out with a sort of vacuum device.

And you know what? Partial birth and late term abortions are illegal unless in very, very extreme cases. Using the worst possible abortion scenarios to judge every abortion is downright stupid.

This whole topic is making me sick. You "pro-lifers" are disgusting me with your willingness to deny a woman of such a basic right as judging what she does with her own body.
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

Abortion will exist no matter what happens, why not make it safe?
I am Ph0g, you are not.
CarSuperfreak

Post by CarSuperfreak »

Women have the right to do with their body what they will

BUT, they are responsible for their actions! It was their decision to allow themselves to be able to bear a child, so they therefore must be responsible for bearing it, not killing it.

and none of you can refute that we wouldnt even have to face this issue if people thought out things ahead of time, and practiced some restraint! for how many hundreds and hundreds of years has the human race survived (and survived strongy) without abortion? all abortion does is encourage pre-marital sex "cus i can destry the evidence anyways" and discourages thinking about ones actions "we can decide what to do later"

and I totally disagree that if abortion was made illegal that "lots of women" would still pursue abortions, they would be forced to think about their actions beforehand. whoa what a concept!

making abortion illegal tho it would not eliminate abortions altogether, thats not feasible to think about, but it would limit abortions to a very very few
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

How can women decide if they can bear children or not? What, chop out their ovaries?
CarSuperfreak

Post by CarSuperfreak »

its their decision as well as the guys
whfsdude

Post by whfsdude »

Don't worry about a life that could have been when a teenager kills him/herself every 17 mins. Improve the fucking world before you bring life into it. m..kay
Shoot To Thrill
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

It isn't a womans decision to choose if they are ABLE to bear a child, they aren't born with the choice of being able to bear a child or not.

As for not many women seeking abortions if they were made illegal, i think you are wrong. Most of the women that get abortions are very young, and would go to extreme measures to get an abortion.

The world was fine without abortion long ago, BECAUSE IT DIDN'T EXIST. But now it does, and it is here to stay, might as well make it safe.

Making abortion illegal will only bring more deaths, but the abortion-related deaths would no longer only be relative to the unborn, it would be mothers included.

Practices far more horrible than the supervised abortions practiced today would come if abortion is declared illegal. Can you possibly wish for that to happen and call yourself pro-life??

All you pro-lifers need to sit for a few minutes and really try to comprehend what would happen if abortion was declared illegal.
I am Ph0g, you are not.
CarSuperfreak

Post by CarSuperfreak »

Innocent lives would be saved, people would be forced to THINK about their actions, and government medical money could be used elsewhere

I for one am not seeing a downside....