per request: Should abortion be ILLEGAL?

Any discussions that are non-rtcw/et related go here.

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Should abortion be ILLEGAL

Yes
26%
No
74%

Total votes: 31

whfsdude

Post by whfsdude »

ericclemmons wrote: I've noticed that some people have little to no conscience any more. When you can easily say, teenage sex isn't wrong, there's a lack of priorites.
Because it isn't wrong!! What's wrong about it? I have never understood why sex is such a wrong thing? It's not something special I don't by that BS because anything can be special if you want it to be :-)
Shoot To Thrill
Shady

Post by Shady »

I really wish I had the time and the motivation to look up all of the figures but I don't so I can't really state statistics. However I can tell you that there are many many many children who go up for adoption but never are adopted. They go through their lives going from one foster home to another or from one childrens shelter to another never knowing what it's like to have a mother or a father. In many cases these children end up running away and living on the streets only to find drugs prostitution or death waiting for them. Adoption only works for a very lucky few not the majority, and creating children by the thousands and thinking that adoption will help find them all homes is not something that anyone should think of as a truly viable answer to the problem.

"Who are we to determine whethere or not to kill anyone? Not only is there to grand old 6th Commandment: Thou Shalt not Kill, but it is also COMPLETELY illegal."

As far as God is concerned.... do you think He (if He does exist) would want us to overpopulate the world we live on to the point of it's, and our own, destruction? We have already overpopulated the world to a point where it can barely sustain us anymore. If we continue this blind march into overpopulation what will God think of us? Will He be overjoyed that we saved so many children only to have everyone on the planet pay with their lives? If God felt that sex outside of marriage is such a terrible thing then why would He build such an overpowering urge to breed into us? Why would He make something evil and sinfull so incredibly pleasurable and desirable? Is it just to tease us? Just to test us to see if we are "pure" enough to deserve eternal life in his kingdom (eternal enslavement to his own will)? I do not understand how someone can say that God is a loving, caring, and forgiving god......who by the way will do the following if you don't do as He says...

"Those who do not fear God are at war against God and His word. These people are declared enemies of God, who in turn become subject to His wrath that comes with His judgement. God rages war on those who are enemies of Him, for the purpose of blotting out evil.
Everything evil is to be destroyed "with a full-scale offensive on all fronts, but always with a full relience on the Lord, who is the only ground of victory" -Exodus 17:11-12""

That is not a very caring or forgiving God if you ask me. That is a vengeful, cruel, and angry God that I want nothing to do with and couldn't of my own free will understand, accept, or love. Like a father beating his children for not following his commands, expecting them to follow blindly without ever knowing or understanding why.

"If you cant handle the responsibility of a child. REALIZE that from the beginning. dont open the risk, abstain, or at least put on your raingear. once you have concepted that child, YOU are responsible for it. responsible for caring for it and bringing it up. You have NO power to take that childs life; regardless. You are responsible for the repercussions of your actions"

These are good ideas but not very realistic. You cannot expect everyone in this country or the world to make the "right" or "responsible" choices every time. There are times in everyone's life that they wish they had chosen differently. As someone said before you cannot expect people to go and buy a condom whenever they want to have sex because they are taught that it is such a humiliating thing. It may be the right thing to do but there is so much stigmatism revolving around sex that many are to embarassed to simply walk into a store and buy them. In many places you cannot even buy condoms if you are underage so you can't do the right thing and "wear a raincoat" even if you wanted to. You cannot expect people to stop doing something that their bodies (especially for teenagers) so strongly urge them to do. Yes you can and should demonstrate self control but in many cases these kids who are having sex are not old enough to understand or care what the consequences involved are.

I like to think of this (the US) as a free country, although you can never have true freedom outside of anarchy. We are allowed to have our own opinions about anything and everything and we are usualy allowed to express them. The people in this country are probably the closest to true freedom. I believe that what makes this country great is that we have choices, but I think that there are an awful lot of people out there that are afraid of what freedom represents and would much rather have the government tell us what to do and when to do it. There is safety in laws and a government that can control the populace. They do not realize what we lose when they pass more and more laws to regulate each other.

All in all I would have to say that we do not need any more people in this world, especialy if they are going to be born with all of the problems of an unwanted and unloved child. Why bring a child into this world out of some moral obligation? Why not consider what you are going to be doing to this child and it's life, and why not allow someone a chance to end the problem for both potential parent and child. Hopefully they will learn from their mistake and make a more educated decision in the future. You will never rid the world of unwanted children or pregnancy, but you may make them less common.
The ShadyONE knows all so just sit back, listen, and learn something.
Shady

Post by Shady »

[quote="ericclemmons"]It's interesting that since legalization of abortion in the 70's (74 or 76, i believe), over 35 million babies have been aborted...35,000,000.

It's kinda hard to justify that.

How is it hard to justify that? There are Millions of people in the world already who are starving to death, have no homes and no shelter, and have noone to turn to in their times of need. If you allowed those 35 million to live you would only have that many more people suffering because of your selfish "morals".
The ShadyONE knows all so just sit back, listen, and learn something.
CarSuperfreak

Post by CarSuperfreak »

If everyone waited until marriage to have sex
If everyone who couldnt support a child used protection
If everyone who has money helped support those less fortunate

Then there would be FAR FAR fewer unwanted babies, which could easily be controlled by adoption agencies, which would eliminate the need for abortions.

unfortunatly these parameters do not exist in our culture. Our culture has become bent on instant gratification. I want it, and i want it NOW. the joy of recieving something after a period of waiting is gone. this is why the economy is shot to heck.

following the above guidlines, everyones needs could be met, and I guarantee that with the elimination of pre-marital sex, the number of divorces would decrease as well
CarSuperfreak

Post by CarSuperfreak »

God the Father is like your earthly father. If your earthly father never disciplined you, how would you turn out? (like the young people of todays united states) if your father always punished and never loved you, how terrible would that be?

there has to be a balance. God has that balance as well, He is merciful and loves us all, but He also must discipline those who do not do as he obeys. IT IS NOT HARD TO OBEY, how many rules? 10, how many rules are there in our ouwn constitution? 10 times that. and what He can offer you is life Eternal, in a place un-imaginable in our human eyes, where there will be praising and giving glory for ever and ever.

Its really not that hard. and what do you have to lose?
Knifey

Post by Knifey »

Over population is bullshit. Read the stats. WE WILL NOT RUN OUT OF ROOM! the entire world, with a 3X3 foot square could fit in an area a little smaller than montana or something like that.

What is killing this planet is the global warming. Sucks. We are going to kill all humans, so why bother following the rules? plus that baby you kill is not the first child that is going to live forever IT WILL DIE. its more of a favor you are doing for that child.
yag si yennek
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

over population isnt bullshit. its not a matter of space but rather resources.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

not only resources but also space... remember WE NEED FARMS TO PRODUCE FOOD... if we didn't have things like abortion and such overpopulation would run rampant... 35000000 extra houses??? wow then assuming each of those had 2 kids... and so on... that's a lot of houses that take up room for farms and forests
no i am not using this argument to justify abortion... just to state that overpopulation does exist
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
ericclemmons

Post by ericclemmons »

I can tell you in absolute certainty that God does not approve of abortion in any form. Plus, He decrees that premarital sex is wrong.

I've learned that you can't win an arguement with somebody when they have no solid foundation to base their knowledge on.
==================
Mr. Luva Luva luvs ya :)
whfsdude

Post by whfsdude »

ericclemmons wrote:I can tell you in absolute certainty that God does not approve of abortion in any form.
So are we trying to make humans happy or god happy here?
Shoot To Thrill
CarSuperfreak

Post by CarSuperfreak »

Its about doing whats right! Look at my other post, if those rules were followed, this question wouldnt even have to be debated!
whfsdude

Post by whfsdude »

CarSuperfreak wrote:Its about doing whats right!
What is right? Is it throwing darts at an animal in front of people. Is it saying that humans are better than anything else. Is it right to not masturbate/have sex?

Stop thinking about "god" on every issue think of if you were that girl and that was happening to you.

Would you have the baby and be looked down upon by everyone.

Would you kill the baby and know that no one else would have to know.

The thing that really ticks me off about this issue is that the church is the one who is causing all this "shunning" of teenage sex so that when a teenage girl gets pregnant and decides to have the child she is going to get looked down on by everyone.

And don't give me that BS about well she shouldn't have been having sex. Do you know how horny you are at the age. When I was 13/ early 14s I would jack off at least 3-4 times a day. Right before I turned 15 I got head from my girlfriend. Well what would you know she wanted sex, her reasoning was because it was such a big deal like Xmas is for little children. Except she had a present right in front of her me and she decided to have sex. Lucky for me I had stolen some of my dad's condoms but if I had not found them I honestly would probably not used them. The church's hype back fired!!

I think that it doesn't matter if you are where you stand on abortion. The fact remains that if you want to stop mother inflicted child deaths you need to stop the bad ego that comes with being a teenage mother.
Shoot To Thrill
CarSuperfreak

Post by CarSuperfreak »

You need to have the self-respect, patience, and plain intelligence to think through your actions before you proceed! THINK THINK THINK

THATS why they are looked down upon, they have lost their purity, they didnt think, they followed their hormones not their thought process. thats why America is so messed up
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

That's not why the U.S. is messed up. Go watch Bowling for Columbine. Then you'll see why. :P :wink: :?
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

America is messed up because we are free to do so... basically you can believe killing people is ok... that is ok... but then when you carry it out you comit the crime...
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?