Is Gi Fett the BEST banimod player in the world?

Any discussions that are non-rtcw/et related go here.

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Is Fett the Best?

He's so good im too afraid to fight him
14%
He's one of the best
27%
He's just your average player
23%
I think he sucks
7%
He's so pathecticaly easy, I dont even waste my time fighting him
30%

Total votes: 44

GanjMahal

Post by GanjMahal »

I remember GI Fett, and I frequently played with him on one of the BI servers [which ever one is that instagib onjective].. What Kenny pretty much said was right, but every once in a while a whole bunch of great instagib players would come along. I considered the best of those to be VaDen, GI Fett, I-M nUbee, myself, DRDEATH, and maybe a few others that i'm forgetting. I havent been there in a while.

That said, i regard GI Fett as one of the best instagib player i've seen. However, I have no real frame of reference with which to gague his abilities.
"I sure wish women would stop fucking with my head and get around to the rest of me."
=SWAT=Kenny

Post by =SWAT=Kenny »

its a shame that csports.net doesnt rank instagibers separately.
tihs hsidlihc fo eceip a is yefink

If alexjones8194 had a penis it would be called "useless." Reason being is all it would be good for is him stepping on it.
-[x]- badman

hey

Post by -[x]- badman »

hey isnt budget internet 1 running on an older version of wolf. and if so u really cant compare him to alot of the updated players.

hmmm so he must be good against people who cant update and people who dont know how to update.
are u ready to die!
=SWAT=Kenny

Post by =SWAT=Kenny »

no he plays on 1.4 servers he just likes instagib which is not a fair assessment of talent. more like camp and pull trigger fast. just like gr is about the cow.

If alexjones8194 had a penis it would be called "useless." Reason being is all it would be good for is him stepping on it.
-[x]- badman

hmm

Post by -[x]- badman »

hmm didnt know that. i thought that cause when i did try to get into that server it said i needed a diffrent version of wolf. but im fully updated.
are u ready to die!
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

GI Fett is a great player. I remember playing against him when I first saw banimod appear on the server list. For quite a while the only banimod server was that running Tram instagib. The same goes for some of the original players from back then; Bani (of course), Drax, DrDeath, and I'm forgetting a bunch... sorry. :wink:

Is he the best? I dunno, I guess he could be - though I haven't seen or played him for a long time. I also think that the Csports ladder rankings are pretty messed up. They appear to rank players who are playing ANY kind of Banimod game all together. That's not very accurate in that some clans have their own Banimod servers and can rack up huge scores while messing around with their buddies. Or another example would be finding that original Instagib/Tram server - last time I was there only 3 people were playing... two players merely camped while the third repeatedly ran the obj, over and over again for 15 minutes. Scores were over 200 with nobody really trying.

If we really wanted to see who were the best players in Banimod-type games, Csports should rank the various banimod types and/or servers separately. That way Csports could have different rankings for (Banimod) OLTL, Goldrush, Instagib, and Objective. The way it is now, I see players that I've never played or only played "way back when" consistently moving up in the rankings. It would also allow players to look on the appropriate Csport rankings for their game-type and see old "friends" and where they are currently playing.

It's all in fun, and there are many great players out there (props to the guys from the Budget Internet 2 - Beach server -> clans US and Zero), but making a big deal out of the Csports rankings, as they stand now, is a bit like asking who jerks off the most... are you really getting an honest answer and who really cares? :lol:
Sexy|Beast

Post by Sexy|Beast »

=SWAT=Kenny wrote:like bani. if bani is on the server u play on u will go up. that is how ph0g moved up faster. he play on the =swat= servers where like 15-20 of us are ranked super high.
Yep. Kenny's right though. I started playing SWAT servers for a couple hours a nite two weeks ago just to learn other maps and I have jumped up in the csports ladder over 1000 places. (from 2772 to 1476) I'm not saying this was all from SWAT but I seemed to jump up the ladder fast. I guess this means I am learnng to whore points really well. :devil:

I kinda miss playing with some of the regulars from BI 2 (Cacophony, Graveyard, uS and Zer0, etc.) when I'm on SWAT but the change of maps is pretty cool when you get tired of Beach and the people over there are generally better players so it helps you play better, I think.

Hey Bani, how about one of the BI servers rotating a few? :P
Things are more like they are now than they were before.
=SWAT=Kenny

Post by =SWAT=Kenny »

as far as rotation goes it is super hard on 56kers. i believe that is why bani doesnt rotate maps.

duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

I stopped playing for 3 days and I jumped from ~2000 to ~20000.
I-M nUbee

Post by I-M nUbee »

LOL you dropped 18,000 ranks duke'ku? I once stop playing for 2 days and I was still in the Top 100. They really are messed up.
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

Guys forget about the ranks, Gi Fett is a slightly above average player and nothing more than that. Good with the mp40?? Hardly, He probably hasn't touched the thing in a year. I would whoop his ass, vaden however....he was fricken awesome half a year ago, if he still plays now, hes got to be a wolfenstein god, lol.
I am Ph0g, you are not.
Sexy|Beast

Post by Sexy|Beast »

I-M nUbee wrote:.... I once stop playing for 2 days and I was still in the Top 100. They really are messed up.
You stopped playing Wolf for two whole days? Wow, were you in jail or something? :twisted:

And BTW, I just finished playing this GI Fett guy, and he seems competent, period. No amazing feats or super exploits. To have a topic title asking if he is the best player out of thousands is asinine. :shock: This thread is really about csports.net and getting to the bottom (or to the top as it were)of it's rankings process.
Things are more like they are now than they were before.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

he changed his name to {Zer0}Duke'ku so it reset him
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

gotenks wrote:he changed his name to {Zer0}Duke'ku so it reset him
Oooh yeah :shock: :oops:
I-M nUbee

Post by I-M nUbee »

Sexy|Beast wrote:You stopped playing Wolf for two whole days? Wow, were you in jail or something? :twisted:
Actually I meant I stopped playing Banimod for two days. Stop playing Wolf, Are you INSANE? :shock: