disable /kill

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Lofi

disable /kill

Post by Lofi »

recently i've seen it more and more becoming a trend that players /kill themselves. is it possible to disallow this?

for general discussion:

imho it is NOT AT ALL any kind of sportsmanship if the enemy you currently frag /kills himself, be it for not raising your frag-count or be it for whatever reason.

if one is low at health, then there's the medic class. if one is out of ammo then there's the fieldop class. is this all for nothing? where's the teamplay? where's the tactics?

what's your opinion about the /kill?

one thing to get around this would be to count a /kill as a teamkill and hence increase the number of teamkills a player does.
SwERvE

Post by SwERvE »

http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... php?t=2845
there you have it...peoples opinions on /kill
Lofi

Post by Lofi »

muahahahahaha! bani is faster than light!

thanx for the hint :D
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

wonder how many posts there have ever been about this subject? heh... i think i will place my bets in the upper 20's
"Common sense isn't very common."
NewdeaL

Post by NewdeaL »

stupid.
read the thread titles, find something simmilar to /kill and post there rather than making an entirely new post about something so stupid.

)) NewdeaL
bacon

Post by bacon »

NewdeaL wrote:stupid.
read the thread titles, find something simmilar to /kill and post there rather than making an entirely new post about something so stupid.
That was harse. Go in the corner and think of what you've done!
Lofi

Post by Lofi »

NewdeaL, thank you for the lesson in forum usage. Here's mine for you: if you reply to this topic which has already been handled, then it will always be on top. so please save your useless comment for something else and let this thread fall down to limbo. :wink:

Thank you again SwERvE for your nice answer and hint. Normally i look first if a topic about what i think exists, but ... hmmm ... i think i was too sleepy and it was early in the morn, so i forgot or whatever. :wink:

Admin please lock this thread. Thank you!

To Bani: Keep up the good work!!! BIG THANX TO YOU AS WELL!!! :P
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

Lofi wrote:Admin please lock this thread. Thank you!

To Bani: Keep up the good work!!! BIG THANX TO YOU AS WELL!!! :P
just a note... bani=admin :D
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Bedrock

Post by Bedrock »

K, my team grabs the flag in the old city.. 2 seconds before spawn.. they want to /kill and respawn with me to defend it.. yet you've got this b_no/kill command in effect on your public server.

you can bet i'll be /quit'ing when i see this day come.
bacon

Post by bacon »

Bedrock wrote:K, my team grabs the flag in the old city.. 2 seconds before spawn.. they want to /kill and respawn with me to defend it.. yet you've got this b_no/kill command in effect on your public server.

you can bet i'll be /quit'ing when i see this day come.
Good, we could do without people like you. Afterall, most of us will get there without needing /kill...
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

/killing just before a spawn after the spawn point has been captured is a really usefull tactic... you end up with spawn protection and a team full in the new objective...
but the kill nerfing is gone, however i personally do like the idea for points to be given to people based on damage & kills instead of just kills
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
0neBuddy

Post by 0neBuddy »

I'm sayed /kill is part of game, EVERYONE know how to use, and who don't know, he can learn it! what the f*ck you need? if you need real-game, try this:

pick up any weapon (what you have at home) and go to nearest police station and start shooting on them!
=> REAL GAME NOT EXIST!

i think, those men who say "disable /kill, destroy /kill, ... ... ..." are losers! you can use that too, and "smack your oponent's ass". ...and it's very usefull when you have 5 and > seconds to next spawn. without that, almost everyone will be without ammo, life, ..., .... and if you need game only with knifes, go to kitchen!

lets think about your "stupid" posts, yea?
bacon

Post by bacon »

0neBuddy wrote:i think, those men who say "disable /kill, destroy /kill, ... ... ..." are losers!
Very mature, what are you...5?
Bedrock

Post by Bedrock »

Bacon is obviously the type of player who plays covert ops on a shrub pub because its fun to pick up enemies binocs! Stick to the bayonet forums.
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

Bedrock wrote:Bacon is obviously the type of player who plays covert ops on a shrub pub because its fun to pick up enemies binocs! Stick to the bayonet forums.
uh, i wouldn't talk down to bacon like that, he knows what he's talking about

also, i use /kill to respawn faster on pubs on occasion - but i NEVER during a firefight, i won't even do it if the person shooting me is still around a corner about to come and kick my ass. i'll take the death.