EtPro 3.0 : warning message

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

HighBoy

EtPro 3.0 : warning message

Post by HighBoy »

Hello guys !

I just installed ET PRO 3.0 on our server and everybody gets this warning

"Warning : server improperly installed! Multiple client .pk3 versions installed on server! Please notify administrator."

I renamed the old etpro directory to something else, created a new etpro directory and uploaded the new files...

What am i doing wrong ?
[KuB]FraGiLe

Post by [KuB]FraGiLe »

Just backup and then delete the complete old etpro directory on the server. The etpro dir should only contain the etpro-3_0_0.pk3 and maybe a watermark .pk3,non else .pk3 files ....Unzip the etpro3 zipfile to the et-server dir, not etmain , this should do it...
bacon

Post by bacon »

FFS use the search function. This is like the fourth thread about this :roll:
HighBoy

Post by HighBoy »

bacon wrote:FFS use the search function. This is like the fourth thread about this :roll:
Nice to see a "friendly" person.......
Instead of being a smart ass you could have told me in a nice way "mr. perfect" :wink:

But back on topic....

I deleted the old etpro directory and restarted the server, and i still get the error !
FuB@R

Post by FuB@R »

I had the the same error after deleting the old ETpro directory and installing etpro3.0.0.There is a thread somewhere (sorry i cant find it atm)with a solution that worked for me and was to do with the startup command line whereby +set fs_homepath and fs_basepath being set to the same location which was making et load the .pak file twice, once i changed them to point to different locations it solved the problem for me.

Found it try looking at this 1 http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... 45&start=0
HighBoy

Post by HighBoy »

FuB@R wrote:I had the the same error after deleting the old ETpro directory and installing etpro3.0.0.There is a thread somewhere (sorry i cant find it atm)with a solution that worked for me and was to do with the startup command line whereby +set fs_homepath and fs_basepath being set to the same location which was making et load the .pak file twice, once i changed them to point to different locations it solved the problem for me.

Found it try looking at this 1 http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... 45&start=0
Thanks a lot m8 !

I will have a look at it tonight.
F@TBOY

Post by F@TBOY »

bacon wrote:FFS use the search function. This is like the fourth thread about this :roll:
Having read it soo many times you could have just posted a link or the solution.

Sheesh!