ETpro suggestions

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Threshold

Re: ETpro suggestions

Post by Threshold »

Hypnotoad wrote:
Fix the longstanding RTCW/ET bug where you can gib someone using the knife to the head in one stab. How it's done: Kill someone, stand just above or on the head of your victim aiming towards his toes. With some practise you can gib a person in one or two stabs. This means you can gib an entire team in a few seconds without using a single bullet.
huh?
In RTCW and ET if you sit on the person's face after you kill them and knife "Aim for left leg" they will be gibbed in one strike. It uses the old knife someone in the back physic's like when your standing up.

I personally think it should be left since sitting on the person's head is the only way to do it. It can put you in a vulnerable position with your knife out. i'm not sure if it can be fixed anyway.
hiro

Post by hiro »

don't take away the fast kinfe gibbing, it's not a bug it's a skill!! :D ;)

For popguns and the movement lag, my advice is learn to live with it. I was in shock the first time I played ET, I couldn't believe how sloppy it was compared with wolf, but it is something you get used to after a while and almost learn to enjoy.
Same as the popguns, you will learn how to deal with them after playing for a while. As much as I detest them when they are used by the 99% of players who just run around with them loaded firing at the first thing that moves, they are a good challenge.
Jinks

Post by Jinks »

I like the idea for more visible on screen warnings, something like:

!!! Objective Taken: West Radar Parts

with colors would be enough for me to shut the announcer off alltogether since in a match with lots of stuff going on the announcer is all but useless imho especially when the flag is being contested heavily it's just a waste of time and highly irritating - It is also possible for a "dynamite planted" to not be broadcast wich can really suck.

OSP for RTCW had the same feature I can't see how it could hurt at all here - especially if u give the client the option to choose whether or not to have it. But to be quite honest I can't see why anybody wouldn't want this.

The objective flags would be a nice - but I'm not sure if it requires the maps to have special stuff written in (that obviously wouldn't be there in ET) and as someone pointed out there are ALOT of objectives to keep track of on most ET maps.. Here is another case for the colored visual warning.. It would be a big help in this situation as some events considered minor enough to have no announcer (wich is usally spamming about the flag being taken telling you construct this or that EVERY SINGLE TIME the flag is taken) really isn't minor and a visual warning would do it justice and help players keep track of what's built and what's blown up.

The one other thing I find "missing" is the simple display of the 1 or 2 notifying you what round this is in a SW scenario. I realise this may be more of a case for BayonET since in a match you shouldn't be wondering what round it is but since quite a few pubs do run etpro it couldn't hurt.

Thank you - that is all =)
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

hiro wrote:don't take away the fast kinfe gibbing, it's not a bug it's a skill!! :D ;)
yeah i'm gonna have to agree with hiro, ppl that can't do it should learn to do it, and for those that have no idea that this even exists, well more than likely they still fall under the terminology of a n00b ;p, jk, but it is more something that takes practice, and for that reason i like it, whether it be a bug or not :D
Till DEATH do us Part
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

It seems to be easier to do it in ET than RTCW. I get the gib in one knife strike 99% of the time in Et but RTCW it's hit or miss.
iCe_bLASt

Post by iCe_bLASt »

Hypnotoad wrote:Good evening.

RTCW-sounds as an alternative. A lot of the sounds in ET simply pack very little punch. The Thompson/mp40 give off a dull thud upon being fired. In RTCW it actually sounds as if you're firing a weapon. Same goes for many of the other sounds. Landing on the ground is another example of a sound that makes no sense whatsoever to me. Make this an option for those that for some obscure reason are in love with the current ET sounds.
yes yes yes!
I went once to a friend (that was a pro RTCW player) and played RTCW for the first time on his computer (I've been playing ET for long time but never RTCW before) and I heared the sounds and I went like "OMG this thing sounds a whole lot better!" I mean ... RTCW sound is fantastic ... its allmost in the level of COD but ET sounds... well they are "acceptable"
plz plz plz plz plz make RTCW sounds for ET !.
another thing about sound : if you'll open etmain/pak0.pk3/sounds/vo
you'll see maps folders , press one folder and you'll see a new_mapname.wav file , if you'll open it you'll hear a cool intro for each map but you cant acces it throgh the game ... it whould be cool if you could hear this during loading screen (and add an option to cancel it , it maight be annoying after some times) , apart from that , there are tons of unused wav files , like "we need a fieldop" and "the tank is in the tunnel" if you can add it it whould be cool
blaz

Post by blaz »

iCe_bLASt wrote:another thing about sound : if you'll open etmain/pak0.pk3/sounds/vo
you'll see maps folders , press one folder and you'll see a new_mapname.wav file , if you'll open it you'll hear a cool intro for each map but you cant acces it throgh the game
easy there tiger.

those files are played ingame. next time you're on a server and are looking at the limbo menu, at the bottom click the play button. it plays those files for the default maps.

i don't think any sounds (custom or from rtcw) will be added, so don't get your hopes up.
iCe_bLASt

Post by iCe_bLASt »

blaz wrote:
iCe_bLASt wrote:another thing about sound : if you'll open etmain/pak0.pk3/sounds/vo
you'll see maps folders , press one folder and you'll see a new_mapname.wav file , if you'll open it you'll hear a cool intro for each map but you cant acces it throgh the game
easy there tiger.

those files are played ingame. next time you're on a server and are looking at the limbo menu, at the bottom click the play button. it plays those files for the default maps.

i don't think any sounds (custom or from rtcw) will be added, so don't get your hopes up.
OMG I'm such a n00b that I didnt notice it before... and I'm playing this game for about erm... 10 months?
anyway thats sed you cant change ... is there anyway to change the sound PK3s without been kicked out for unpure client?
IVAN

Post by IVAN »

i agree with the anouncements.. they are buggede.. just played oasis today where he kepts talking for ALONG time..
Maybe you can exploit it...but ..

just make 3 options regarding the anouncer..

1: leave him as he is..
2: make him interrupt his line if something new happens to the SAME object.
3:Make him interrupt his line if something new happens.
Hypnotoad

Post by Hypnotoad »

I asked for it but granted this was a bit of a longshot.

But how about letting people use their own customized sounds without getting kicked for impure pk3's ?

If it's not already an option or something that could be exploited, even if I don't quite see how.

Sit down and play RTCW for an hour or so and you'll realize why I dare to dream. I don't want to be stuck with barely adequate ounds anymore when friggin awesome sounds are almost within reach :)
Hypnotoad

Post by Hypnotoad »

just make 3 options regarding the anouncer..

1: leave him as he is..
2: make him interrupt his line if something new happens to the SAME object.
Hmm, that sounds like it could work. How could that be exploitable ?
3:Make him interrupt his line if something new happens.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Threshold wrote:It seems to be easier to do it in ET than RTCW. I get the gib in one knife strike 99% of the time in Et but RTCW it's hit or miss.
Because it depends on the person you are trying to knifes viewangles. (which, IMO, is clear evidence that it is a bug, rather than a feature). Note, this means the 'head to left foot' rule isn't really correct either.
send lawyers, guns and money
blaz

Post by blaz »

Hypnotoad wrote:If it's not already an option or something that could be exploited, even if I don't quite see how.
making footsteps sound like people walking with buckets on their feet.. i don't know. the exploits this would allow would be endless.

why stop at making custom sounds? next thing people would want custom skins. i can see it now.. bright neon pink skins for the axis, bright neon green for the allies.
Hypnotoad wrote:Sit down and play RTCW for an hour or so and you'll realize why I dare to dream.
i've played rtcw, have for a long time, just not competitively due to being on 56k. there's alot of things i love about rtcw, but like most say, et is not rtcw.

i'm still waiting on the etpro team to make the hud fully customizeable or, at the least, give a b_althud 3 where the compass is in the middle (like rtcw).
Hypnotoad

Post by Hypnotoad »

If it's not already an option or something that could be exploited, even if I don't quite see how.
making footsteps sound like people walking with buckets on their feet.. i don't know. the exploits this would allow would be endless.
Except that would only be heard by you since it's clientside only. Only you would suffer, so not much of an exploit.
why stop at making custom sounds? next thing people would want custom skins. i can see it now.. bright neon pink skins for the axis, bright neon green for the allies.
Umm, because custom is not the issue to discussed here?

The whole brightskins debate is worthy of a thread of its own. I was talking about customizable sounds. I still don't quite see how you could really gain an unfair advantage if you made your own ones.

Unless of course the default ones sucked ;)
daemord

Post by daemord »

because if the foot steps are a nice loud noise ur gonna hear them easier and so know people are coming, as apose to pitter patter like they are now, not to mention making the rain sound silent on maps with it so its even less of a distraction, making it so the panza warm up sound is alot louder so you can hear it from a distance, make the silenced sten sound like a normal gun so you can pin point it easier, make any of the sniper weapons have normal sounds so they can be pin pointed easier, make falling sounds incredibly loud so you can tell when they have spawned, just a few ways custom sounds "COULD" be exploited

As for the announcers, just a client side cvar to turn off flag capture sound bytes and im happy, and allow me to customise the announcements, both in terms of text and colour (and idealy position but im not gonna moan) and ill be happy.