ET turning into CS..?

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

APE

ET turning into CS..?

Post by APE »

Well, the way I feel etpro has began to sink lately iom the new etpro version 3.x.x. It's like that you try to make the scene grow with the new etpro, but taking away its character..ie new antilag code, antiwarp etc etc.
With the new code it has become much much more easy to kill ppl and get a high accuracy, the section for accuracy, on the sever I play anyway, is about 35-40% nowdays..even for ppl that hasnt played that much.

This feels kinda wrong becouse it does no longer haveto be the bettre player in a duel that wins it, it is the one that has the most health from the begining that wins, iom the medic. This is cuassed by the fact that it's so god damn hard to get hs's when you want nowdays, it's more random then ever, but however I dont feel that this is the biggest issue..but if it could be like in et2 and so on np, I wouldnt have any problems with it..becouse it rocked.
Instead I belive in changing the hitbox for a smaller version, with would bring some more skill back to the game, feels like the boxes are like 3 *3 meter atm, instead of the shape of a player...becouse the antilag work bettre now, yeah the antilag is good on bodyshot but something is still wrong with the headshot's.

And another thing, it's like that players with a higher ping nowdays have a advantage when shoting vs players with lower pings, anyone else noticeing this?

Btw bani have u changed anything with the hitbox in etpro3?
Right..
coda'uk

Post by coda'uk »

yeah i noticed that i die easier at times but also that it is far easier to kill people as well. new network code is a good thing, for sure. about time that people can also rely on aim and not panzer or artilery.
bacon

Post by bacon »

coda'uk wrote:about time that people can also rely on aim and not panzer or artilery.
Exactly. Plus it's also time to separate the good players from the players who think they'll good.
APE

Post by APE »

Yeah, but u can almost not take out two players in a row anymore...you need to have full health or else you will die. About the new etpro, its not aim anymore when you have a scuare on 300 * 300 cm(110*110 inches) to hit, its a tooo big surface to hit, it would be good it is was made smaller, then it would be even more aim.
Right..
Mano de Dios

Post by Mano de Dios »

Learn how to strafe.
Herve

Post by Herve »

Perhaps instead of these players getting better accuracy because of the antilag code, maybe they get better accuracy because they have improved, you know, gotten better?
defragga

Post by defragga »

omg ape ... et pro 3.0.1 sucked, and u whined about that u cant hit anything, and now et pro 3.0.1bugfix1 and aiming is back .. and u're whining that et turns into cs ...

pls, if u dont like et anymore, go and play q3 or et main ...

et pro 3.0.1 bugfix 1... has made the game playable again and hell yeah it really makes fun, and I'm NOT talking about public gaming, I'm just talking about competition gaming, which has become really damn great since et pro is there.
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

No, COD is turning into CS. ET isn't.

On a side note, low ping players still have an advantage over high ping players.
agrado

Post by agrado »

duke'ku wrote:On a side note, low ping players still have an advantage over high ping players.
... and always will.
APE

Post by APE »

mm..ofta
Right..
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

LMAO, random broken hit detection takes more skill ? :roll:

and no, the hit boxes have not changed significantly.
http://www.et-center.com/?page=news&id=96
send lawyers, guns and money
Ragnar_40k

Re: ET turning into CS..?

Post by Ragnar_40k »

APE wrote:This feels kinda wrong becouse it does no longer haveto be the bettre player in a duel that wins it, it is the one that has the most health from the begining that wins, iom the medic.
I always thought the better teamwork would win the match. :?
The Emperor watch over you.
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

LOL @ thread.

You're a moron.

That is all :lol:
APE

Post by APE »

My point is the large hitbox's might have worked in in the old days...but now when bani has fixed the netcode, which owns in some aspects, there might be a good thing to size down the hitbox to maintain the ability to practics to get bettre, I for one like to see some rambo moves in CW's, thats whats makes games fun to watch and play..but thats my opintion, maybe everone else disagree?

peace
Right..
Wikkit

Post by Wikkit »

I think it's a matter of where you want the game to go. Should it favour the broad masses who don't have the time nor the inclination to go pro-gamer? Or should it favour those who are willing to spend hours on hours target practicing and perfecting their aim, shooting for fame and fortune?

While I see the points of both sides, I think one should be very careful in altering the game. You wouldn't wanna alienate the broad player base by making the game too hard to have fun with, while at the same time you need to add elements that will attract the more committed gamers.
ET is a free game and as such it has a rather big potential of sticking as a tournament game, but only if the right choices are made.
I think the game should be carefully tweaked, for example the hitboxes. Even I land an accuracy between 30 and 40 percent on servers with quite decent opposition, but Bob knows I'm not aiming for glory. Maybe the hitboxes really should be a little bit smaller?

Personally I'd like to see this and other games really take off and turn into spectator sports with big sponsors, huge live audiences, etc. I'm absolutely confident that it will happen. Whether or not it will happen with ET is in part depending on the choices made when polishing the game, and although ET might be too early for this the general idea that you need a game to be easy enough to learn in order to attract alot of people and deep enough to offer improvement for a long time should be taken into account.

Ummm....I think I diverted somewhat. But it's late and ...well, that's my defense. :D
-= I'm so hip I'm having difficulties seeing over my pelvis =-<br>
Ex-Galactic President Zaphod Beeblebrox