Suggestions : "Legal" sound packs and demos cntrl

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

gotenks

Post by gotenks »

maybe you should learn dutch and try writing in a dutch forum, bet your writing and grammar won't be that great
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
uber-noob

Post by uber-noob »

=FF=im2weak4u wrote:if you are bitching about me it tell more about your own age
I'm not bitching, I'm just making a suggestion because it is really hard to read and understand your postings.

@gotenks
I'm also not a native english, as a matter of fact I learned most of it by myself. But at least I am trying to write it in a readable fashion (and yes, I am even using a dictionary if I'm not shure whether I spelled a word right or not), because I know that other ppl are trying to read and understand my post. For me writing in an understandable way is just a matter of politeness, and the posts of =FF=im2weak4u are very impolite. They simply look as he doesn't give a shit about how readable they are or not (especially as I know that he can do it much better, because I saw some of his posts where his english was much better than mine).
Warfare

Post by Warfare »

=FF=im2weak4u wrote:
uber_noob wrote:BTW: You should really try to improve your english, your writings remind me of a 7 year old school kid that has some learning problems. :twisted:
if you are bitching about me it tell more about your own age
he is foolish lamer, just ignore him.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

=FF=im2weak4u wrote:how do oyu run pure whit optinal files ?

zince pure should make files the same as server ..
Put the files on the server. :roll: Files not referenced by the server should not get autodownloaded, but will still be usable on the client. While I haven't tested this in ET, I'm pretty sure it works for soundpacks and skins.

oh and
oyu => you
whit => with
zince => since
optinal => optional

Its hard to believe that is a language problem rather than a lack of proofreading problem, but if so, the above should help :D
I don't usually complain about spelling etc, but many of your posts are actually hard to read. Writing in a foreign language isn't easy (and english is one of the most illogical languages ever), but that is no excuse for leaving trivial errors uncorrected.

uber_noob:
shure => sure :P
send lawyers, guns and money
[FF]Adam

Post by [FF]Adam »

dutch to english is hard

and who the hell cares, quit bashing someone because they can't tipe dat goode

ut duznt shoe der ige at al, zo qude witshin abot id.......
www.thefunnyfarm.net

130:13:82:5:27960
tFF original 4 map
iCe_bLASt

Post by iCe_bLASt »

try translating hebrew to english if you think deutch to english is hard
everything rplaces position ass in hebrew you writ from right to left and adjaverbs come before verbs ...
"he ran very fast" should be in hebrew
"he ran fast very"(hu raz maher meod הוא רץ מהר מאוד )
Badhabit

Post by Badhabit »

iCe_bLASt wrote: everything rplaces position ass in hebrew you writ from right to left and adjaverbs come before verbs ...
Most all languages are that way, English is the "backwords" language if you compare it to the more common ones. :roll:
{Zer0}'s House of Torment 67.19.67.118:27960
{Zer0}'s RTCW server 67.19.67.119:27960
Now Lets Go Kick Some ASS
And thats an Order.
SoL

Post by SoL »

I'm sorry, i thought this thread was about wanting RtCW sounds in ET not languages :) .
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

wondering why people spoil threads like this... happens alot...people who should have STFU..makes those threads look "un"-serious :P (see my english is bad also)
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

defragga wrote:and I've heard that a rewind funtion is nearly impossible to add :/ <- but I dunno why
from what i hear, that's true. from what i guess, it's because as the game goes on it sets certain variables and stuff... it's like you've saved the data sent/rcvd from the server while you're playing, now when it's playing it back, it's acting as if you were actually there playing, except the demo file is "playing for you" just as you did on the server. this calls for some interesting side effects of making the demos rewindable. there is no sequence to "deconstruct" constructables... so you would need to progressively change something back, for example blowing it up with dynamite. even then, how could the demo stay perfect when using a make-shift system like that? even more interesting is how to go about moving backwards within the demo file... this is totally an engine thing, and the source code given to them was not complete.

basically, i think it's possible, and they can do it, but the better question is, is it worth all of that trouble? -- all of these are assumptions, or, as i prefer to call them, educated guesses.

despite the difficulties i see in making a demo play backwards, it would be cool -- personally i would not use it enough to make it worth the effort though.
"Common sense isn't very common."
IdNotFound

Post by IdNotFound »

A simple "fast forward to X:XX" would be good enough. You may reload the whole demo, but would read it at the max speed you can take and get you on that point of the game, saving you the trouble to fast forward and keep an eye for when is it going to get there.

I understand there is no such perfect timer, but something could be work out, couldn't it? Maybe the filesize (we would need it during playback too) could be used...

Example:
"wow check out the demo from last night... very good game!! there is a huge warmup going on, so please fast forward to 700k and enjoy yourself"

Sounds a bit stupid when putting it that, but maybe it could work :P
Image nZ/IdNotFound
NaZGûL TeaM Leader
SAWL Tech Staff
/*Demoman*/

Post by /*Demoman*/ »

SoL wrote:I'm sorry, i thought this thread was about wanting RtCW sounds in ET not languages :) .

not gonna happen legally.. I didnt just get a no but a BIG no from xian
[FuN]mazza

Post by [FuN]mazza »

=FF=im2weak4u ure english is still much better than my dutch :lol: and i for one think it's gr8 the way u try to help ppl out in these and other forums, come on u guys read what he's trying to say phonetically and its real easy to understand :D

Keep up the good work m8 u have helped a lot of ppl with their problems

kusjes
maz

Ik moet mijn Nederlands verbeteren