Medic Class Restrictions

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

RocketGrrl

Post by RocketGrrl »

Haven't read all post, seemed like i had read most of it before. Agreed, some of the rewards come in the wrong order, eg soldier level1 reward should be the level4 reward or something because thats the one that makes the panzers able to spam too often. To improve the Covops class one idea I think I haven't seen before is to make them quiet (like when walking) so you don't hear them sneaking around.
/*Demoman*/

Post by /*Demoman*/ »

yea I implemented silent run for covert ops into my mod... most people I talked to said not to put it in as a reward but to help enhance the class as a whole
next_ghost

Post by next_ghost »

bacon wrote:No I understand perfectly. I just don't like how a person would be able to have an advantage over others because of a cvar...
... that everyone can change in his config and could be as well in the in-game ETPro configuration screen (like speed counter, framerate and other cvars). :roll:
bacon

Post by bacon »

next_ghost wrote:... that everyone can change in his config and could be as well in the in-game ETPro configuration screen (like speed counter, framerate and other cvars). :roll:
Explain to me how a counter gives a player an advantage....
Spark2

Post by Spark2 »

bani wrote:
kekkyoku wrote:I think the number of shots to gib a person used to be lower and it was increased somewhere along the development of ETPro to make medics and med pushes stronger. I could be wrong but I think it should be put back.
the gib damage in etmain was so low you could gib someone with an mp40/thompson before they even finished their death animation.

the gib damage was increased to match that of rtcw, but because of the lower rof of et it takes a lot longer to gib than it did in rtcw.
FWIW, I also believe that it might have been a mistake to increase the gibbing health. Right now it's almost impossible to gib anyone if a medic is standing nearby (unless you can block the medic) and it's just getting a little bit ridiculous at times. I see nothing wrong with gibbing someone before the death animation finished, because you can obviously also revive before the death animation is finished and players aren't always gibbed. With all the talk about overpowered medics, I don't understand why this isn't at least an option, as it certainly changes the gameplay quite dramatically.
(I'm a medic myself at my team, so this isn't egoistical talk :))
dragon

Post by dragon »

Force medics to use the Sten (Complete with Overheat) It would then reduce Rambo Medics and force them back into a support role instead of an assault role.

Coverts, well, I'd like the Mauser PROVIDING it performs like the RTCW one. ie, u can't hit anything unscoped at more than .5 paces and even then, you'd probably miss.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

you can gib before the medic even has a chance to pull out his needle, let alone poke anyone.

that is, you can gib with an smg in etmain so fast, the player is practically still standing, just barely starting his death animation.

thats not fair, and it basically makes the medic class useless -- there's rarely anyone to revive.

making the damage lower, adjusting it so it takes the same amount of time to gib in et as it does rtcw (adjusted for the smg ROF) would make more sense. it takes a rather long time right now because of the ET rof.
dragon

Post by dragon »

I'm not too sure I agree with changing Gib. Sure, for Pub play, but for Competition play, I think the time (And bullets) it takes to gib, benefits Offence more than Defence the way it stands at the moment.
Spark2

Post by Spark2 »

Not necessarily, because offense usually has less time to gib and much less crossfire. Also the risk of ending up early in limbo is much more critical for defense. I'd try it at least.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

it would likely help make competition rounds go faster. which is one of the goals.
kekkyoku

Post by kekkyoku »

bani wrote: making the damage lower, adjusting it so it takes the same amount of time to gib in et as it does rtcw (adjusted for the smg ROF) would make more sense. it takes a rather long time right now because of the ET rof.

^^^^
Ragnarok|GER

Post by Ragnarok|GER »

bani wrote:
kekkyoku wrote:I think the number of shots to gib a person used to be lower and it was increased somewhere along the development of ETPro to make medics and med pushes stronger. I could be wrong but I think it should be put back.
the gib damage was increased to match that of rtcw
no comment. :roll:
you can gib before the medic even has a chance to pull out his needle, let alone poke anyone.
a good medic pulls out his needle before the teammate dies.
anyway, after all: the gib damage is fine and we got used to it. but please remember: rtcw =! et.
bacon

Post by bacon »

Ragnarok wrote:a good medic pulls out his needle before the teammate dies.
anyway, after all: the gib damage is fine and we got used to it. but please remember: rtcw =! et.
No a good medic tries to help his teammates stay alive.
Having your needle out when it's not needed is just a bad idea...
meLonF

Post by meLonF »

the danger of nerfing medics, is that on maps like oasis you need a lot of revives and good medic work to keep an attack going, so it could ultimately help the defenders ...

imo the best change to medics would be to reduce the amount of time the packs stay on the ground before disappearing, so you get fewer medics sitting on packs on defence, which hopefully hurts the defending team and helps the attackers a bit

but i like some of the proposed changes to covert ops ... imo faster mine spotting and an improved sten would be ideal.
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

mines = a 7th man imo

and atm u do see coverts being used by clans, but the defenders normally spot him standing their for a while with his binocs out, most use the rifle i think, as the sten is sooooo shite.

plus, there is nout more annoying that a sniper taking shots at ur back from across the map heh

o and i agree with melonF, everything he said tbh,,,,,,