Feature suggestion: modifyable console colors

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Mat3k

Feature suggestion: modifyable console colors

Post by Mat3k »

I noticed that gamma tweaking in ET also makes the console brighter. Unfortunately, tje background becomes so bright that it's impossible to read stuff from the console sometimes. Would it be possible to make an option for selecting colors used for fonts and background or alternatively, just puting in an option to make the background completely black and leave everything else as-is?
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

would be nice
Rain

Post by Rain »

The console is handled (almost?) entirely by the engine, so there's not much we can do. Stop the r_gamma 42 madness. :?
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
El_Sexy

Post by El_Sexy »

Haha 8)
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

idd i use gamma 1.3 and it looks cool 8)

set ur gamma too high and u cant actually see ppl in the distance cos ur screen is sooooo bright
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
[DA]ZephyR

Post by [DA]ZephyR »

I would like something similar to this, but not exactly. I was wondering if it is possible to make the charge bars and health bars a different color.

I don't have much stuff tweaked in my config, but it would be nice to make the charge bar and health bar a much bolder color to be easier to see.

Bani I hope you take this one into consideration. Thanks in advance. I'll have my fingers crossed =)
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

[DA]ZephyR wrote:I would like something similar to this, but not exactly. I was wondering if it is possible to make the charge bars and health bars a different color.

I don't have much stuff tweaked in my config, but it would be nice to make the charge bar and health bar a much bolder color to be easier to see.

Bani I hope you take this one into consideration. Thanks in advance. I'll have my fingers crossed =)
you mean this ? (photoshopped) Image
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

yeah maybe have it so the client can choose the colour, and the same thing gos for players names/chargebar as on oasis i cant see them at all on sum parts of the map :)
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
/*Demoman*/

Post by /*Demoman*/ »

face it people tweak.. and will always tweak... since this is a competion mod where competors tweak to gain a better proformance why not make the charge bars darker
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

someday this may alll be posable :) jsut some1 need to hurry up and code it :lol:

if you look at my pic (photoshopped) you see that the bar background is black lol
/*Demoman*/

Post by /*Demoman*/ »

=FF=im2weak4u wrote:someday this may alll be posable :) jsut some1 need to hurry up and code it :lol:

if you look at my pic (photoshopped) you see that the bar background is black lol
yea thats what I did for the background of my mod's charge bars
Smoke

Post by Smoke »

I want a green Matrix themed console! :thumbs:
b_pwnage 1