feature request: Mortar upgrade

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

IfReborn

feature request: Mortar upgrade

Post by IfReborn »

i think it would be fun to be able to fire the mortar at 0 degrees. It would make the weapon more viable and the game more fun. i love my indoor mortar and would love it even more if i could send it hurling down a hall :P
I LOVE YOU
bacon

Post by bacon »

So you want a panzer that you have to set first?
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

doesn't gravity work on the mortar... so if you launched it at 0, wouldn't it probably ark right into the ground (within a few feet)?
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

He just wants to be able to set it lower than you currently can, not necessarily directly on 0. Kinda rare to see a question advocating more spam. bacon nailed it.
Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

again, it's not going to be *exactly* like a panzer because it'll ark... and isn't the mortar explosion bigger?
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Gork

Post by Gork »

There really is no point to using the panzer at 0. You can use it on battery(watching the axis spawn from the main room or as axis watching the back door from the bottom of the ramp{inside the base}]) but even there it using the mortar for its unintended purpose.... Just find better areas outside or go standing mg :)

And the mortar arcs inside so yes gotenks it wouldn't be practical down a long hall/tunnel(talking really long though)
RivrStyx

Post by RivrStyx »

Hmmm... Change the mortar coming from Mr.waaaathegamekeepschanging.
IfReborn

Post by IfReborn »

RivrStyx wrote:Hmmm... Change the mortar coming from Mr.waaaathegamekeepschanging.
lol i just think it would be fun. im all for change if its in the positive like adding something but we have gone through a large period were we have lost more game features than added.
I LOVE YOU
RivrStyx

Post by RivrStyx »

and this would be positive because YOU want to indoor mortar?...lol. ok.
So its a fun and good change only if you want it no matter how stupid? If this is not the case then stfu with polls against every fucking change thats ever taken place that others feel is a fun and good change. :roll:
WolfROF and No distance falloff is adding something btw whether that falls under your idea of adding..as well as other changes that added to the game. So if you don't like a change its taking away? Lets poll this.
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

i want the cod prone jump bug thing where ur accuracy gos to 100%
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002