Can this be done?

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Gork

Post by Gork »

Hey deus,
I noticed in your second picture there seems to be a line in the middle of the rectile. Is that from just a random ingame thing or something you coded in with the box and transparent azimuth?
Deus

Post by Deus »

Code: Select all

CG_FillRect( 320, 230, 2, 16, color);   // a center line to know where center is ;)
yes, i added that
mortis

Post by mortis »

Bani, white courtesy phone, bani, to the white courtesy phone.....
mortis

Post by mortis »

Any comment from the offical etpro gurus?
sneaky1

Post by sneaky1 »

though I'm not a modder, I bet there is a way to incorporate this into your ET game the same as ETADMIN does with ETPRO. Maybe you can add that as a script just as you would a map script?
Success is only gained through failure.
Come check out the new bani league at:
http://www.bani-league.com
uber-noob

Post by uber-noob »

sneaky1 wrote:though I'm not a modder, I bet there is a way to incorporate this into your ET game the same as ETADMIN does with ETPRO. Maybe you can add that as a script just as you would a map script?
Rofl, you would loose that bet. There is a big difference between a runtime parsed script and code that has to be compiled into a binary.
mortis

Post by mortis »

*bump*

We at http://www.bsdterritory.com/forum have been discussing the likelihood of seeing this implemented into etpro. I told them to not hold their breath, but hope springs eternal. We would really, really, really like this to be implemented. We've been really well behaved this year.

--Mortis
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

why?
mortis

Post by mortis »

Well, in order to better read the angle and elevation of the mortar, to make use of the weapon more precise.
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

isn't that infact the "sport" in using the mortar?... to find the right coordinate..using..what u got..
mortis

Post by mortis »

Actually, although I have seen some incredibly skilled users of the mortar, I think it is a difficult weapon to master, and I would prefer for the noobs to learn its use more quickly.

I would personally like the greater precision of exact coordinates. Even better would be a report of the location name of the hit, so noobs would know when they're shelling the bank, or the truck, etc, using the etpro place names. But I digress. This would be especially useful in maps like supplydepot and special delivery where the command map works improperly and you cannot see the impacts.

It's also just annoying that you can't read both scales.

--Mortis
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

mortis wrote:Actually, although I have seen some incredibly skilled users of the mortar, I think it is a difficult weapon to master, and I would prefer for the noobs to learn its use more quickly.

I would personally like the greater precision of exact coordinates. Even better would be a report of the location name of the hit, so noobs would know when they're shelling the bank, or the truck, etc, using the etpro place names. But I digress. This would be especially useful in maps like supplydepot and special delivery where the command map works improperly and you cannot see the impacts.

It's also just annoying that you can't read both scales.

--Mortis
hmmm an idea to enable a new cheat variable (/devmap or /forcecvar sv_cheats 1 to enable) to report map coord's or map location of mortar hits :D
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?