Dyno Timer

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

zero.TA

Post by zero.TA »

What Next, a Fld Op that has an icon about his recently lauched "Artillery Strikes" stating how many incoming shells there are.

Only thing I agree with is the "warning" given when dyno is planted, it's needs to be at time of planting and not rapped around loads of FFE, Insufficient Fire Support Messages/Captured the Flag messages that go on and on.

Makes we wonder if you could write a script that sends global statements and in the middle plants and arms ther dynamite then sends more global statements. Thereby causing confusion as to when it was planted. Shit I hate these debates :twisted:
ownage

Post by ownage »

rapped around loads of FFE, Insufficient Fire Support Messages/Captured the Flag messages that go on and on.
dont know how ffe/capturing the flag could be tied with dyno plants since only fops would hear insufficient fire support (good fops should know when they can/cant drop artillery during competition), hah. i think that displaying that a dyno was planted across the screen for the objectives should be seriously considered. it is a great great idea.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

NewdeaL wrote:OR WE COULD ALWAYS GO WITH THE TRIED AND TRUE "DYNAMITE PLANTED" ON EVERYONE'S SCREEN LIKE RTCW
<league-elitism>OMG THATS CHANGE AND CHANGE IS BAD
THAT WOULD MAKE ET INTO RTCW IF YOU WANT THAT JUST GO PLAY RTCW</league-elitism>
SickBoy

Post by SickBoy »

Frankly, it would turn ET into CS :wink:
ownage

Post by ownage »

lol bani, :D . dyno warning across screen is the best :!:
Fade2Black

Post by Fade2Black »

The good thing about ET is that you are not spoon-fed that the TNT has been planted!
IMO
Jinks

Post by Jinks »

LOL bani - I would personally pull those peoples panties down don't worry about it
ownage

Post by ownage »

still like this idea!!
NewdeaL

Post by NewdeaL »

go get 'em jinks

i dunno bani, it is something that you could file under the "CONFUZ0R!!!1ONE" file. the only thing i could think of, is have it a server side cvar, like b_drawdynomessage "1" and if the leagues dissaprove, it'll be set to zero in competition configs, but anyone else can still use it for their public servers etc. yada yada.

worth a shot anyway

)) NewdeaL
sparks

Post by sparks »

Fusen

Post by Fusen »

sparks wrote:Dyno Counter
omg you cheatar!!!!!!!!

you could at least link to the latest version :idea:
________
digital scales
Last edited by Fusen on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

sparks wrote:Dyno Counter
Any external tools like this are prohibited in leagues.
The Emperor watch over you.
Xeon_vl

Post by Xeon_vl »

i dislike the idea of dyno counters ingame for all the reasons mentioned above.
Its always funny to see when you blow another engineer out of his pants and can plant at the other gun making your team typing V57 and the other V24.
Nail

Post by Nail »

holy thread revive after 20 months
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

you already got "dynamite planted ta barrier #1" , personally i would hate to have it centered on screen..

why are people so busy with theese kinds of requests... it smells like..you think u can get a little advantage even more tight by making the mod support it..

same as etpro spawntimer. wtf?.. i cant beleive its actaully in here now..
now u can argument for a dynotimer too ..and OH.. everybody can get aimbot..so why not just use the ingame etpro aimbot..

hitsounds.. ?wtf.. imo for spectators and demo only.. hitsounds gotta go! (if leagues started forcing b_hitsounds 0 , i would cheer, and enjoy the whine of the masses)

...but who cares.. just build teh 1337 dyn0counter..so we can pwn harder!!......not.