change: report medic revives in client etconsole.log file?

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Herf

change: report medic revives in client etconsole.log file?

Post by Herf »

The statwhore article by prophet on et-center has brought this issue back.

Could medic revives be included into the etconsole.log file, just like kills are?

Thanks for your consideration,

H3rf
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Code: Select all

set b_endround statsall
should be enough for stat parsers.
send lawyers, guns and money
Dersaidin

Post by Dersaidin »

But that doesnt work yet, does it?

I dont see any harm in logging them anyway.

F1
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Dersaidin wrote:But that doesnt work yet, does it?

I dont see any harm in logging them anyway.

F1
It works for me. If it doesn't work for you, please provide more details.

edit:
If you send revives to all clients, thats a fairly significant gameplay change. If you only send them to the team of the person who got revived, it's just a bandwidth issue.
send lawyers, guns and money
arni

Post by arni »

adding revives to the logfile allows to statistically get the enemy spawntime with a script similar to dynatimers.

thats why it should not be added.
Dersaidin

Post by Dersaidin »

Rofl arni

Who the hell would think to do that <_< ?

Fair enough, I'll have to give b_endround a go, last I heard it hadn't yet been implemented.
deej

Post by deej »

ReyalP wrote:If you send revives to all clients, thats a fairly significant gameplay change. If you only send them to the team of the person who got revived, it's just a bandwidth issue.
Be careful, you might end up generating lag on demand ;-).
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

I've got b_endround "statsall; weaponstats" so mine are at the bottom. Works perfect.
arni

Post by arni »

Dersaidin wrote:Rofl arni
The same polaks that use kurwa dynatimers ...
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

-=[VP]+arni+=- wrote:kurwa
I see that word constantly when playing on EU servers. I never bothered to look it up, but I asked a player once and they said it basically means "whore." It all began to make sense then. :lol:
Deus

Post by Deus »

kurwa is polish language (PL)
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

-=[VP]+arni+=- wrote:
Dersaidin wrote:Rofl arni
The same polaks that use kurwa dynatimers ...
im not sure if i got this right.. but Dynotimer was made by fretn right?.. and its like, you can get it anywhere.. and so what.. imo the dynotimer is more or less useless.

but afaik, it does not read the logfile.. it reads the game ET-console (which is hidden, its not the console u know from ingame)

its true that u can statistically try to "find" enemy spawntime by looking at kills (and if u could revives).. but , theres already cheats that will let u get enemy spawntime, the second you join a server.
Deus

Post by Deus »

fretn != fusen
arni

Post by arni »

squadjot wrote:but afaik, it does not read the logfile.. it reads the game ET-console (which is hidden, its not the console u know from ingame)
etconsole.log is as the name says the log of the et console - apart from some details (crashlogs) both are the same

--> I dont think there are cheats that can find out enemy spawntime because only the server actually knows ...

you could ofc see the enemy spawning with a wallhack but i'm talking about that you would create a way to automatically find enemy spawntime without even seeing them spawning
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

-=[VP]+arni+=- wrote: you could ofc see the enemy spawning with a wallhack but i'm talking about that you would create a way to automatically find enemy spawntime without even seeing them spawning
yea i know.. i met this player that obviously was cheating. i tried to ask him about the bot/hax/whatever he was using, and he mentioned one of the features was a spawntimer, so, i asked if he still had to trigger it..or enter numbers smthng..but he said it was done the moment you joined a team..

i cant proove anything.. but he was botting, no doubt, and he bluntly responded to questions about the features, and commented stuff like "it actually makes you a better player..bla bla")..
but offcourse..i cant tell if what he said bout the spawntimer is true or not.. He also said that it was a "priv hack" and wasnt coded by himself, but a friend of his clan..and his whole clan got it too. He woundt be able to distribute it cause it was hardware locked..

again, whatever,.. i dunno..just shaking the bag.... cheating is becoming so common that its starting to get annoying, the cheaters are getting better at hiding it and theres rumors of "adjustable private aimbots"... well that would make it more or less impossible to detect.. it just sucks.
Once i didnt even beleive in usable aimbots, cause "we have pb",.. but now cheats a are everydaypaininthebutthole.. wtf.

i sincerely hope noone would go so low to use it in comp play...