When can we expect it?

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

deej

Post by deej »

Kai I know that you need to look at the entire range of shots fired.

This guy started goldrush with us at level 0 light weapons on axis side and at the end of a full hold (30 minutes) he had 54% accuracy (I forgot the exact number of shots fired but it was more then 600 I think. That does not qualify as human in my book.

I - counting myself as medium-skilled - get between 30% & 37% on good days and one of our members sometimes even gets 40% but 54% on a full hold map with medium to high-skilled players? Come on!

The more cheaters I encounter, the lower my tolerance gets, I'm very sorry. If you don't like that, don't play on our servers then. We never get rude or abusive in any means, we just kick if you're obviously too good to be true (and we don't ban for that matter - the only banned players on our servers are the ones that found it necessary to become abusive towards us).

<whine>
I just wish that ETPro 3.2 would come out soon so that all these known public hacks become unusable. The fun on public servers for me is deteriorating very fast tbh. :X
</whine>
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem
Bouaap

Post by Bouaap »

Righty, I'm having the same problems with ET nowerdays. Sometimes it looks like CheatersStrike became mother of a very talented baby :(
wargle.c
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

54% acc on a full map, ive done that quite a few times when i dont bother to gib
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

wow. i'm a pretty decent shot (at least i thought i was), i probably average about 25-30% accuracy and about 10-15% headshots, averaging about 1 HS per kill. i don't spray, i try to shoot selectively. then again i do make it a point to gib anything that's still squirming. apparently i must suck some serious ass if >50% is commonplace...
bacon

Post by bacon »

ouroboro wrote:wow. i'm a pretty decent shot (at least i thought i was), i probably average about 25-30% accuracy and about 10-15% headshots, averaging about 1 HS per kill. i don't spray, i try to shoot selectively. then again i do make it a point to gib anything that's still squirming. apparently i must suck some serious ass if >50% is commonplace...
It depends how the teams are stacked. If you have like a team of clanners vs a team of n00bs then it's easy to get accuracy over 50% for the clanners...
deej

Post by deej »

well on our server a number of clanners were divided over axis & allies so the targets were actually moving and crouching and looking at the objectives ;-).
DG

Post by DG »

the only stat that matters at all is the score. though, they can be useful on a personal level if you're currently trying to improve some aspect which is directly related to stats.
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

DG wrote:the only stat that matters at all is the score. though, they can be useful on a personal level if you're currently trying to improve some aspect which is directly related to stats.
anything which helps a clan leader to improve his team is more than welcome.
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
deej

Post by deej »

>>steven! wrote:anything which helps a clan leader to improve his team is more than welcome.
play a lot of wars and read the Unoffical ET Strategy Guide for hints on how to be sneaky & a pain in the butt for opponents
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

play alot of wars? and read a strategy guide? hahahahaha

ownage
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
dA*Rogue

Post by dA*Rogue »

30-35 is probably average for decent clanners in the games I see, anything over is generally the better players. Over 40 are they very good SMG'ers. Under 25 and something's wrong.
Rivazza

Post by Rivazza »

well, you can make a diffrence between med/high skilled players too.

1. Person shoots allot more hs then kills(k^1.5/2.0+=hs) This mostly results in a somewhat lower accuracy(28-34)
2. Person shoots mostly on the body, automaticly having a higher acc since the body is alot easier to hit etc. (k^1.0=hs) Mostly results in a higher acc; arround 34/38+

I know there are some people out there that have their own style of playing, so dont push everybody down into one corner. Acc mostly doesnt tell anything.
bacon

Post by bacon »

>>steven! wrote:play alot of wars? and read a strategy guide? hahahahaha

ownage
Idiot.
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

errr shut up bacon

if u think that playing lots of wars and reading strategy guides makes u a good team, ur a nub, as there r clans which play everyday and they aint won a competitive game in 2-3 years.

u will find most top teams have never read strategy guides, as these so called guides miss out the useful information.
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
deej

Post by deej »

>>steven! wrote:as these so called guides miss out the useful information.
such as?