b_antilag. works, or not?

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Lagger

Post by Lagger »

the real reason that most ppl are losing their aim, is they are playing etmain, etpro 2.0.7, 3.0.0 and 3.0.1 - and since aiming is slightly different in 3.0.1 they can't hit there... stop playing the old versions, and you aim eventually comes back... playing older versions confuses your brain, and will eventually put you in a severe depression, perhaps even paralysis.
Maxxxx

Post by Maxxxx »

bring back 2.7 anti lag, with 3.1 i cant hit anything. its very frustrating aiming at a guy and nothing connecting. when i play on my local servers with 20 ping it works fine, but when the ping is around 90 thats when its impossible to kill anyone
=m8=^Maxxxx
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

Make sure in your options you have Anti-Lag turned on.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

it's possible players may have issues with the antiwarp code. you can ask admin to turn it off and see if players still have aiming problems. the antiwarp code is separate from antilag.

sadly, turning off antiwarp allows cheating like warping across landmines with 0 damage and swimming through oasis tunnels without drowning. it's a tradeoff.
christa

Post by christa »

Well it is harder to hit in the new ET PRO...but thats not my concern atm....its the lag i feel with stable ping 48 and no packet loss, but yet it still feels like lag. Its like pieces is cut out from a movie. What i wanna know is...is it supposed to feel like this?? And this is not about whining, but who wanna play a game where u always feel lags when u r not supposed to, besides it affects my aim.
another question.. how do i see if b_antiwarp is enabled on the server... cause the console claims that the command is unknown
defragga

Post by defragga »

I played lots of wars now with new et pro, so I have experience with the new aiming, but omfg, my aiming is gone, and that destroyed et for me.

I really love your work bani, et pro is great, but why did u change the extremly ²³²³² nice et pro 2.0.7 antilag stuff.
I play in leagues like clanbase, rtcw.no etc... and never, really never, saw a lag cheater... I didnt even know that it is possible to warp over mines etc...

but if its possible ... I dont care, if I can aim like before. I got ping of 90 in clanwars, and in infights, I lose vs players, which I owned before.
in et pro 2.0.7 I moved my crosshair to their heads ,and gave them headis, ... now I try the same, and I dont give bodyshot o_O

and for the guy's who say accuracy increased ... maybe yes, but if u want to play et pro ... u have to aim on the head, and not on the body.

If so many people say that they have probs, why u dont make a vote or something, to bring back old antilag code? :(
et isnt playable anymore with 3.0.1
Maxxxx

Post by Maxxxx »

^^^ exactly whats happening with me
=m8=^Maxxxx
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

still waiting for demos...

we arent going to get anywhere without them.
DSky.Juhan

Post by DSky.Juhan »

It doesnt matter if the old antilag was broken, it's about which one of the antilags players wants to use, old one or the new one, personally i want that 2.0.7 antilag back, actually only good thing in 3.0.x etpro is hitsounds, + you can see who's ready and who's not on the scoreboard.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

if there's a problem, we need demos.

surely a single demo isn't too much to ask.
APE

Post by APE »

I really really cant see what you are supose to see on the demos, but I dont have any anyway, Ive been inactive for 10 months due to the army..just got of last week, but Ive tryed some with the old and it was alot more fun then the new etpro.
Sure, etpro rocks in many "espects" but the new antilag shit is. Its impossible to get a clean headshot when you aim for it, instead it becomes a body hit and there among some random headshots(50% body, 40 % miss and 10% hs).
About the bugs, well I personaly havent seen them..didnt know of them either, but Ive been afk, but Ive watched some demos and havent seen anyone use those cheats?
So the thing Im the most hung up on is the random headshot thing. Thats where Ive allways aimed, but nowdays I loose duels due to the fact that the other player aim for the boby...and with a body aim you can only get to a maximum and makes the duels to more like the one thats fires the first shot wins the duel or if u raise the crosshair and get a random headshot...

But "Bani" could you tell what you think that you are supose to see in a demo?
Right..
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

i can see in the demos if it's misses due to antilag errors. there's information recorded in demos which will let developers determine it.

you know that headshots don't really work well anyway. head box isnt where it appears to be neither in etmain nor in etpro. just because that's where the player's head is on your client doesn't mean that's where it is on the server :cry:
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

i'm thinking of possibly scrapping splashdamage's antilag code entirely and replacing it with neil toronto's unlagged code. unlagged is what was used in banimod and nobody ever complained about it 8)

but we will need testers for that.
defragga

Post by defragga »

<--- would be the first person testing unlagged :> If it helps making et gaming nice again, I would do what I can, to help u :)
Noobie

Post by Noobie »

I'd love to help test that and I know some ping 300+ people who would love to help test it. But seriously Bani, the new ETpro 3.0.1 antilag code is fine, please don't change it! All people I know have said how good it was, including plenty of clans.

There is one small thing I wonder about with antilag tough. I have ping 10 to the server, my friend has ping 300 to the server. Let's say that at time X me & my friend have 10 HP left, thus one more bullet from a gun would kill us. We fire at the same time. Because of the large ping difference, I see him die. After time X + 300 his hit registers at the server. What does the server do? Say my friend is dead and does not reduce my HP, or does it just reduce my HP (and thus I am being killed by a dead dude)?
________
Alaska Medical Marijuana Dispensaries
Last edited by Noobie on Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.