supplydepot2 etpro mapscript

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

mortis

Post by mortis »

Well, I meant minor fixes. Bani gets into things like improper brush work and things that are a tad more complex than troubleshooting for obvious simple script errors... :roll:

--Mortis
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

mortis wrote:Well, I meant minor fixes. Bani gets into things like improper brush work and things that are a tad more complex than troubleshooting for obvious simple script errors... :roll:
OK then, let me put it this way.

- you can win without doing all the 'required' objectives
- you can win by setting a longer time than you're trying to beat

(those 2 points apply on at least 1 official map, and at least 1 custom map that are used in league play) etc.... that enough for you? :P
mortis

Post by mortis »

Yeah, I'm just trying to do my share in terms of what I am capable of doing. Much as I would like to understand completely the intereactions between entities and the script, I have to settle for learning about them one entity at a time.

I learned to map using unrealed, where that entities are so much easier to deal with (well, actors technically in unrealed). Of course, the ability of ET to be scripted allows for so many different scenarios to be created. I have uber skills in unrealed but only limited experience with Radiant.

I would so kill to a have a terrain and bsp editor that had the ease of unrealed for Wolfy, but alas.

--Mortis
Adacore

Post by Adacore »

There are two other relatively important bugs in supplydepot that I know of, if they haven't been mentioned already - firstly a mortar can go through the roof of the forward bunker and hit either the middle or lower rooms, which is obviously not intended. Secondly if the game is paused while the gold crates are being moved onto the truck they continue to move.

If you're going to start fixing the bugs, might as well try and get them all :wink:
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

hmmmm cant say ive seen it low or middle thru the roof, i have seen it go thru the window and do that.

however i have seen it go thru the roof to hit the left or right staircases at any level

(as can grenades)
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
Graculini

Post by Graculini »

What bout the truck "bug" - the one that u can prone behind the gold crate and just hope that no nade will kill u? :twisted:
Can it be removed? :?:
mouse

Post by mouse »

that is a feature and intended that way ;)
tdg_sparky

Post by tdg_sparky »

true, a wood crate filled with heavy metal solidly packed that takes a crane to lift, should be able to stop a bullet.
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

but nades can be chucked thru it :P
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
c0l0n

well

Post by c0l0n »

very heavy grenades

all the players in ET have strong throwing arms
mortis

Post by mortis »

In my never ending quest for perfection, I have made new beta etpromapscripts for supplydepot and supplydepot2. This version removes the magic 'hovering' gold crate when the allies depart with the gold.

I am also working on a version with a destructible truck.

This script can be distributed with the understanding that bugs should be reported back for repair. Yes, I know the gold flickers once when the old crate goes 'invisible', but at least it doesn't hang out in midair anymore.

This script will be running on Primer's ET pro for you to test.....

/connect newcastle.devrandom.net

http://images.bsdterritory.com/Mortis/s ... pot.script

http://images.bsdterritory.com/Mortis/s ... ot2.script

These scripts are only useful to servers, they will make no difference to clients!

--Mortis
blaz

Post by blaz »

mortis wrote:I am also working on a version with a destructible truck.
this is where, if i were a lawyer, you'd get a cease and desist letter.
mortis wrote:Supplydepot was clearly not designed to be that way. Even the author tried to fix the bug (but he changed the wrong spawns in attempting to fix the problem. Well, it's done now.
supplydepot and supplydepot2 were CLEARLY designed this way. why would you attempt to alter that?
mortis

Post by mortis »

The author (ginc) authorized me to fix the bugs, and both spawn bugs were unintended, as was the magic hovering gold crate. I am still in the debuging phase as I have to learn to read the code, fix an item, then move on.

To fix the grenade into stairwell issue will take some learning on my part.

The gold crate is designed to be opaque to bullets, IMO, but I don't know what ginc would say.

The destructable truck version is just a pet project for me. Some people would like to try it that way, with maybe 5 mins more time for the match, but I may not even release that version. Besides, etpromapscripts leave the original archive intact.

Would splash damage send me a cease-and-desist letter if I force cvar to not draw foliage on radar? :wink:

--Mortis
DG

Post by DG »

destructable truck might be better for intermediate campaign publics, flesh it out a bit more.
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

good for publics bad for competition.

if u do make this plz call it summet like supplydepot_pub

then we can have a supplydepot_te when major bugs r fixed and all will be cool
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002