Features for banimod?

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

SwERvE

Post by SwERvE »

Yeah, I feel the same way about spy...Theses classes are typically more balanced with risk of team death.
EFG| Homer J

Post by EFG| Homer J »

bani wrote:
dragon wrote:What legitamate reason, besides an emergency change class to eng to do a defuse, is there, to do a /kill ? (Not inlcuding the very very rare get stuck somewhere)
if someone just stole the obj and you happen to be on the other side of the map.
That's your fault for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
if you're out of ammo and there's no lt's or ammo nearby.
Again either your fault or your teams fault. Being able to teleport across the map using /kill just encourages rambo/loner tactics.

/kill is OK for clan matches but it is used far too often in pubs just to get out of stupid situations people get themselves into.

I would suggest having to sit out the next respawn.

As for other 'fixes':

Can anything be done about the weapon spread? i.e. make the FG42/rifles more accurate when prone/crouching or at least less accurate when running around.
Majikthise

Post by Majikthise »

I have a better idea, let's not let the "n3rf the /kill d00d!" junk into these forums. Leave that at the SD forums.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

EFG| Homer J wrote:Can anything be done about the weapon spread? i.e. make the FG42/rifles more accurate when prone/crouching or at least less accurate when running around.
not for a competetion mod.

the fg42/rifles spread does not change, period. even if you are sprinting or running. think about how that can be used to your advantage.
GldDrgn

Post by GldDrgn »

-when switching to grenades, you have to wait a second before you can actually start priming them, unlike in RTCW.

-when connecting to a server, the password prompt appears way too late... it must be possible to make it appear sooner like in RTCW

-teleporters don't seem to work anymore, would be nice to if there was a way to fix it, if only for the one but very popular map in RTCW that used it : badplace (which is used in some competitions :))

gl with the mod!
#rtcwduels - 1v1 à volonté
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

GldDrgn wrote:-teleporters don't seem to work anymore, would be nice to if there was a way to fix it, if only for the one but very popular map in RTCW that used it : badplace (which is used in some competitions :))
do you have an ET map with teleporters? so i can test this.
bacon

Post by bacon »

GldDrgn wrote:-when connecting to a server, the password prompt appears way too late... it must be possible to make it appear sooner like in RTCW
That's client side.
shao

Post by shao »

someone posted in our forums about suggestions for bani.... i replied there, then realised no one would see it... [coyp/past]

personally i think most of the problems in the ET code are still bugs, or just general problems which should be addressed by an official patch. I'm talking hitboxes, ammo/med pack pickups, etc, etc, etc, etc.

a) proper limitation of amounts of weapons / classes without effecting other classes. Especially soldier/panzer
b) proper configuration and / or locking down of xp and class skills - for example, be able to lock it down to a consistent 2-2-2 skillset, essentially nullifying the xp system for clanwars (i think this would make a lot of rtcw clans look at ET seriously)
c) being able to re-pickup your xp if you have to reconnect to the server and if the xp system is enabled.
d) an important one for me.. being able to turn off the hud (completely!!), and or, able to turn of each component of the hud separately.. something movie makers NEED
e) also a movie makers option.. as well as being able to set cg_thirdperson angle, it would be damn nice to be able to set cg_thirdperson_rotation, and cg_thirdperson_pitch, to be used in conjunction with cg_thirdperson/cg_thirdpersonangle/cg_thirdpersonrange to allow better scripting of thirdperson cameras... or if possible whack in a freeview demo playback system.

some aspects of rtcw bani were good... such as needing to know the nearest person requiring medic/ammo, and tnt detonation warnings.
Dyne

Post by Dyne »

/kill is gay, annoying pricks /kill before you can kill them or just when you hit them with panzer. And not to mention about how people time the spawns as panzerfaust soldier or a f ops. you all know how annoying this is on Etbeach.
Dyne

Post by Dyne »

oh and whats up with changing the whole xp game system. Thats the way the game is played.
bacon

Post by bacon »

@shao: Who would make a movie with ET????

@Dyne: I don't know why you get angry over somebody using /kill unless you only care about XP
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i've never seen anyone do the /kill yet, but eh...
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
RammStein

Post by RammStein »

Neither have I.
SwERvE

Post by SwERvE »

Eh, I have done it a couple times so that I can backup either old city or depot yard.
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

bacon wrote:@shao: Who would make a movie with ET????
Shao would that's who. Have you never seen his work? He is the master RTCW movie maker. Check out his website dedicated to movie making:-

http://www.shaolinproductions.org/