Features for banimod?

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

gotenks

Post by gotenks »

SwERvE wrote:Eh, I have done it a couple times so that I can backup either old city or depot yard.
we're talkinga bout /kill to avoid getting hit by a panzer or killed by an enemy
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
SwERvE

Post by SwERvE »

I know...I was just trying to give examples of using the /lkill command that are acceptable in my opinion. *note avoiding being killed was not mentioned
O2.iceman

Post by O2.iceman »

I can't remember if these have been added to the list:

- Get rid of the stupid delay between the event and the notification appearing on the screen (kill/death messages etc)

- Allow fireteams to have 8 players

- Fix the map loading screen so you can have more than 26 characters in the MOTD. I mean c'mon, how fkn annoying, 26 characters and you can't even fit a URL. The whole screen is taken up by a big-arse map that is completely useless. The MOTD should be across the bottom of the screen, OSP-RtCW style.

Thanks
O2.iceman
Oxygen
O2.iceman

Post by O2.iceman »

I appreciate /kill is a controversial subject, but please, please, please don't change it in any way for your up-coming Competition mod. If you want to do something with /kill for public play, then go right ahead, but if you change it in any way for Clan games you'll make producing the Competition mod pointless.
Kendle just like we pointed out in your XP thread, options are there to be configured. Server admins and/or gaming communities can decide what the ideal option should be for their pub servers, competitions etc.

I honestly doubt /kill will be nerfed by default - I imagine the default will be current (vanilla) behaviour, but as long as the admin can configure the /kill behaviour, then why should you be against bani putting the OPTION into the mod?
O2.iceman
Oxygen
=FF=im2good4u

Re: Features for banimod?

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

bani wrote:
O2.iceman wrote:- Give covertops a permanent symbol above their head
eh... part of playing covops is the risk of friendly fire. would any ladders really approve of this?

sounds more like something for a pub mod than a comp mod...
i woudn't like this 1 it sucks if you see a symbol pop of all the time :roll:
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

O2.iceman wrote:I honestly doubt /kill will be nerfed by default - I imagine the default will be current (vanilla) behaviour, but as long as the admin can configure the /kill behaviour, then why should you be against bani putting the OPTION into the mod?
I'm not against the option, as long as it is just that. I don't seriously believe Bani will nerf /kill anyway, there was a thread on Splash Damage forum about it and Bani was as vocal as everyone else for keeping it.

I agree with all the suggestions you've made Iceman. And I'm also getting feedback from the UK community about the XP situation, which needs to be locked at a certain level (2 being the most favoured) rather than a simple ON/OFF switch.

Any feedback on what you've done so far Bani? (if it's in another thread apologies for not seeing it).
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

Kendle wrote:Any feedback on what you've done so far Bani? (if it's in another thread apologies for not seeing it).
bugfix: ammopacks/medpacks no longer "bounce off" players if you are too close.
bugfix: dont get points for defusing dynamite near non-destroyables (a/h cabinets, doors on goldrush)

b_statsaver (1 enable, default) - saves ALL stats (XP, weaponstats, team/class/weapon selection) across disconnects.

b_defaultskills defines default skill levels in this order:
battle sense, engineering, medic, signals, light weapons, heavy weapons, covops
b_noskillupgrades (default 0). players may score XP but they dont get skill upgrades.

b_shove (0 disable, else knockback value. defaults 80)
use +activate to shove players

b_banners (number of banners)
b_bannertime (time in seconds between banners)
b_bannerlocation (location of banners)
b_banner(1..xxx) (banner text)

removed unused bot code:
reduces server memory usage by 1.3mb

new console commands:
forcecvar - force client cvars to a specific value (eg r_drawfoliage 0 for radar). clients may not change the cvar.
time - reports round time left
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

Thanks Bani, great work!
bani wrote:b_defaultskills defines default skill levels in this order:
b_noskillupgrades (default 0). players may score XP but they dont get skill upgrades.
Sorry for being a bit thick, but what does that mean exactly? How would a server admin use these to give all players Level 2, for instance, as presumably different skills are acquired for different Classes? How would this work if, during the game, a player swaps Class?
bani wrote:b_shove (0 disable, else knockback value. defaults 80)
use +activate to shove players
Never played Shrub or Bani mods for RTCW where "shove" was used, but I can see it's appeal, and putting it on +activate is a far more elegant solution than having to bind another key. Nice 1.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

Kendle wrote:
Sorry for being a bit thick, but what does that mean exactly? How would a server admin use these to give all players Level 2, for instance, as presumably different skills are acquired for different Classes? How would this work if, during the game, a player swaps Class?
b_defaultskills "0 2 2 2 0 0 2"

would give all class-specific abilities level2, but battlesense/light/heavyweapons would be 0 ...
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

oh yes, and the spawnpoint selected during warmup is saved 8)
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

bani wrote:
Kendle wrote:
b_defaultskills "0 2 2 2 0 0 2"

would give all class-specific abilities level2, but battlesense/light/heavyweapons would be 0 ...
Excellent. Makes perfect sense (told you I was being thick). Fantastic work Bani.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

cool and its funny to see that every thing is b_ instead of g_ lol

but cant b_statsaver 2 be used for saving during champaing restarts

and how about if admins can set ppl skill specified for each player like

setskill <pl nr> <0 0 0 0 0 0 (skills)> so they can add skills or remone skills as some sort of punishment
Badhabit

Post by Badhabit »

Bani
1. Are you also working on a semiadmin command or a way to change Ref settings?
2. Any Idea as to the ETA of a beta for testing.
{Zer0}'s House of Torment 67.19.67.118:27960
{Zer0}'s RTCW server 67.19.67.119:27960
Now Lets Go Kick Some ASS
And thats an Order.
O2.iceman

Post by O2.iceman »

I agree that I would I like to see some ref or admin fixes - referee's SHOULD be able to (but it doesn't work) force a vote in their favour by voting yes or no on a called vote, and if the ref calls a vote it should pass automatically.
O2.iceman
Oxygen
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

O2.iceman wrote:I agree that I would I like to see some ref or admin fixes - referee's SHOULD be able to (but it doesn't work) force a vote in their favour by voting yes or no on a called vote, and if the ref calls a vote it should pass automatically.
is that the way OSP says it should work?