vsay's

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Boco

Post by Boco »

Pirate_X wrote:Okay, so I'm a little confused, and for some reason it's taken a month for me to finally try to clear this up...
Boco wrote:In the latest version of banimod, bani has a downloadable custom vsay menu... But I still cannot find what is changed about it...
Are you talking about Banimod for RtCW? I don't see any information in the release notes for ETPro about a customizable VSAY menu...

If I'm wrong (and I hope that I am), please let me know where I could find or how I could use this feature!

Cheers
Yes, when I wrote that I was talking about RtCW. Banimod = RtCW, ETPro/BayonET = Enemy Territory. In Banimod, a custom VSay menu was created, but it only supported numerical vsay mode, not alpha vsay mode. I happen to use alpha mode so I was confused as to why I wasn't seeing anything.
<[av]bani> anything which causes boco pain or suffering is \o/
<[av]bani> guns are cool. just saying the word 'gun' gives me a raging hardon.
<[av]bani> DO NOT MOCK HAPPY FUN BANI
<[av]bani> do not run over happy fun bani

* [NW]reyalP thinks he should write a book... "IP Law for fucking morons"
<KingJackaL> haha
<KingJackaL> I'd buy it : D
<WeblionX> I'd scan every page and put it up as a torrent!
Pirate_X

Post by Pirate_X »

Boco wrote:Yes, when I wrote that I was talking about RtCW. Banimod = RtCW, ETPro/BayonET = Enemy Territory. In Banimod, a custom VSay menu was created, but it only supported numerical vsay mode, not alpha vsay mode. I happen to use alpha mode so I was confused as to why I wasn't seeing anything.
Jahahaha, now I understand...

So, back to my original question:

I realize that it would have to be client-side, but I would REALLY like to see some sort of implementation for custom menus, so you could make your own vsay menu, or class selection or whatever... Something that graphically looks like the vsay menu (I realize you could use echo, but that's a waste of time IMO), but which you could create.... Even if it only went 2-3 levels deep, it would definitely be a VERY powerful tool.
"Somehow, it seemed as if the farm had grown richer without the animals themselves growing any richer... That is, of course, except for the pigs and the dogs"
-George Orwell, Animal Farm
Boco

Post by Boco »

Might be possible for BayonET in the future. You just need to find some way to get bani to do it. He is lazy, you know. At least, that is what I believe in #banimod...
<[av]bani> anything which causes boco pain or suffering is \o/
<[av]bani> guns are cool. just saying the word 'gun' gives me a raging hardon.
<[av]bani> DO NOT MOCK HAPPY FUN BANI
<[av]bani> do not run over happy fun bani

* [NW]reyalP thinks he should write a book... "IP Law for fucking morons"
<KingJackaL> haha
<KingJackaL> I'd buy it : D
<WeblionX> I'd scan every page and put it up as a torrent!
Pirate_X

Post by Pirate_X »

...somebody should hold that bunny hostage...
"Somehow, it seemed as if the farm had grown richer without the animals themselves growing any richer... That is, of course, except for the pigs and the dogs"
-George Orwell, Animal Farm
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

we where talking about banimod ofr rtcw (so not about etpro)

if you got the banimod media pack and you join a 1.1.99 or higher server you can set you vsay menu to numeric thne you can alos use the banimod vsays
GI Goku
Location: My body is sitting at the computer while my mind surfs the net

Post by GI Goku »

sorry about the confesion I figured it out by my self.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

=FF=im2weak4u wrote:we where talking about banimod ofr rtcw (so not about etpro)

if you got the banimod media pack and you join a 1.1.99 or higher server you can set you vsay menu to numeric thne you can alos use the banimod vsays
oops when i posted ths i didnt see thhe 2nd page lol :oops: