A new Suggestion!

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Cahan

A new Suggestion!

Post by Cahan »

Hi guys,

I was just wondering, what about this for the next ET pro patch. /kill is starting to get really annoying, so can you make it so that if people do it, they will loose XP, and kills? I know it wont stop it, but it will detur alot of people from doing it. Also, what about a 3 second delay on the command or somthing, so you do it, and it takes like 3 seconds before it happens?

This a good idea yes?
KingJackaL

Re: A new Suggestion!

Post by KingJackaL »

Cahan wrote:Hi guys,

I was just wondering, what about this for the next ET pro patch. /kill is starting to get really annoying, so can you make it so that if people do it, they will loose XP, and kills? I know it wont stop it, but it will detur alot of people from doing it. Also, what about a 3 second delay on the command or somthing, so you do it, and it takes like 3 seconds before it happens?

This a good idea yes?
The next ET Pro counts a /kill as a death.

But a 3-sec delay is a bad idea - and will just frustrate those using /kill to either spawn with their team, or change class ( both of which are perfectly legitimate ).
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

what xp would be removed for /kill
however the 3 sec delay wouldn't be too bad, even a cyanide pill takes time to work
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Cahan

Post by Cahan »

Maybe a players Class XP should be reduced if they use /kill ...
ildon

Post by ildon »

Why?
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

so you /kill you loose engineering or covert op xp? doesn't make much sence.. loosing xp is hard to make fair (no idea what xp you loose when someone files a complaint)
My Website
Cahan

Post by Cahan »

It it fair because there are so many idiots out ther, who all they do is /kill in comps and in pub servers. So why not make a deterent from it?
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

... you're an idiot
"Common sense isn't very common."
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

1. if they have a chance to /kill on you shows that you need to improve your aim... 3 headshots will kill them, not enough time to /kill
2. if they /kill they get NO xp... where as if they don't they may gain battle sence and sooner beable to detect mines
3. if they /kill you still get battle sence
4. you loose 3 xp in hw, engineering, lw, or covert ops
5. they respawn with exact same charge bar they died with
My Website
Balthazar

Post by Balthazar »

I know Im still figuring things out but can someone give me the explaination of /kill :)

what exactly is this. is it a self kill or what?

Sorry for the lame questions Im still trying to figure some of the lingo out here.
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

Balthazar wrote:I know Im still figuring things out but can someone give me the explaination of /kill :)

what exactly is this. is it a self kill or what?

Sorry for the lame questions Im still trying to figure some of the lingo out here.
1) Bring down your console in-game.

2) Type in the following:

Code: Select all

/bind mouse1 kill
3) Play on.

You now fully understand /kill ;). Yes, it's a suicide.
dA*Rogue

Post by dA*Rogue »

A 3-second delay would be good - just means you have to be a little more organised with regrouping etc KJ :)
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

dA*Rogue wrote:A 3-second delay would be good - just means you have to be a little more organised with regrouping etc KJ :)
I know when scriming guys on pubs 3v1, I have to whore /kill for class change - and often within 1-2 sec's before spawn. If you're in a clan game, and you see all but you are dead, you /kill to go with spawn. You can't 'be a little more organised with that' - if it happens 3sec's from spawn, a limit like that just removed a perfectly valid use of the command. IMHO, a time-delay would just be confusing, annoying and unnecissary.

For a start, it doesn't solve the stat-whoring problem - stat whores /kill when they're about to die, not when the spawn time is right. All is DOES stop is people legitimately using /kill, to change class etc. So it's exactly the WRONG approach as I see it.
meLonF

Post by meLonF »

one of Bani's suggestions was to count /kill's as a death unless the playered used /kill within 3 seconds of there respawn - this is the perfect solution IMO - stats whores will stop using the kill function and people who use it legitamitly will not end up with warped stats (for those people who care about stats ;) )

perfect IMO, but i'm not sure if et pro 2.1 has implemented it in this way
NewdeaL

Post by NewdeaL »

ahmen. i think the people whining about /kill'ing the most play the least ammount of "clan matches". In 1 match I could /kill 20 times, right at 1 second left on the R.T. would it be fair to me if i came out of limbo at 18/28 seconds to spawn because i /kill'ed with 1 second on the R.T.? Nooooooo. /kill to avoid a panzer or an smg kill is spineless, and rarely seen in match play. If you do see it, laugh at the guy.

In fact, even in pubs laugh at the guy, and keep on playing. Don't let some statwhoring pewptard ruin your pubbing experience. That way we won't have to go thru all kinds of silly votes for /kill nerfing and such.

)) NewdeaL