ETPro 3.0 - too early for release?

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

alpn

ETPro 3.0 - too early for release?

Post by alpn »

I think ETPro 3.0 was released too early. Since it is a competition mod for ET, I think it should meet following requirements:

--

-> The most improtant thing is missing, the league configs. I think the idea of dowloading every config from every league is really a bad one. I know there are dozens of ones who posted their configs like 'this is a config for Iraq CUP'.
Anyhow you should add only main configs, like ETPro 2.0.7 had. In Europe, we mainly use Clanbase's configs, and likely every other European league is following them. If you meant that we should download configs in future, it will result that server(s) are hard to find with real configs. Servers could be more tweaked or there would be no configs at all.

-> You canno watch demos with ETPro 3.0. I think this a really bad one. You should have some betatesters before final release =]
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

You ARE the beta tester.

That WASN'T the final release.

It's just ET Pro 3.0.0. The same happened with ET Pro 2.0.0 - or have you forgotten that the stable version your tourney is using atm is probably 2.0.7?
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

No matter how much testing is done there is a lot of situations and variables that can not be thought of until the common player uses it.

If it's to early don't use it. TWL/CAL and Clanbase are not requiring it. Keep 2.07 and until all bugs are hashed out and change to it then.

This is not Splashdamage who has endless testers to find bug's..
duke'ku

Re: ETPro 3.0 - too early for release?

Post by duke'ku »

alpn wrote:I think ETPro 3.0 was released too early. Since it is a competition mod for ET, I think it should meet following requirements:

--

-> The most improtant thing is missing, the league configs. I think the idea of dowloading every config from every league is really a bad one. I know there are dozens of ones who posted their configs like 'this is a config for Iraq CUP'.
Anyhow you should add only main configs, like ETPro 2.0.7 had. In Europe, we mainly use Clanbase's configs, and likely every other European league is following them. If you meant that we should download configs in future, it will result that server(s) are hard to find with real configs. Servers could be more tweaked or there would be no configs at all.

-> You canno watch demos with ETPro 3.0. I think this a really bad one. You should have some betatesters before final release =]
there were MANY beta testers, and the beta testing went on for MANY months. some extra bugs were added in the last few days before release, and you seem to be deciding that those bugs are indicative of the care put into the release, and i can assure you that is not the case. the configs were omitted due to the leagues not being ready to have finalized configs - bani wanted to wait until they had their shit sorted out before putting it in the game.
red

Re: ETPro 3.0 - too early for release?

Post by red »

alpn wrote:The most improtant thing is missing, the league configs.
I agree totally, and about the releasing too soon too. If the attitude is that 3.0.0 didn't need to be stable, then im surprised. Why not release it under beta name or something? Even our clan updated both of the servers shortly after the release and found about the problems when we were going to have our next match. Lagging, bugs and in GR the tankbug happened twice (dunno if this is cos of ETPro, but popped in my mind). I Really think nobody wants the ETPro so badly that you need to release it buggy with a version number. Use those alpha and beta names to clear it up, now I can't be arsed to hit the servers back to 2.0.7. Tho, don't hurry up with the next version, make it work and get the league configs in it! :/
daemord

Post by daemord »

i said this on release and i will say it again now

This is a competition mod that CANNOT be used for competition, thats bad imo and yes it was released far to early, bani should know better and should have made it public beta, instead we had a nice large release party lots of faffing on, for what is effectively another beta release, its at best amaturist and it worst pathetic, i apreciate all the work bani & co have put in, but imo this is a disapointment and shows bad liasing with those that matter in a mod of this nature, the leagues, and the players.
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

I think when people start paying Bani for his work, then they can complain, until then.... :wink:
fretn

Post by fretn »

do you really think we would have released if we knew there were still bugs in it ?

be patient and you got your bugfree release

love you 2
Day by day : http://w.twwwo.be/
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

Kendle wrote:I think when people start paying Bani for his work, then they can complain, until then.... :wink:
I agree and it's the same with people that make map's People start bitching instead of trying to locate issue and providing suggestion's.

Leagues are not forcing you to use this version so bah!
r0nin

Post by r0nin »

daemord wrote:This is a competition mod that CANNOT be used for competition,
It`s already been used for competition, successfully.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

there are alot of league admins that were beta testing it, they had a few last second details that ended up causing a couple bugs to pop up... Heck atleast it's not as buggy as windows :roll:
also we've had our settings set the fixed way and had no problems what so ever thus far
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

the bugs have been in a word minimal for a release this large. when microsoft releases windows xp to replace windows me is it perfect? of course not. with major updates, there will always be bugs. with the larger update, the more bugs.

afaik there's only 2 major bugs in the new etpro, and i feel that's *impressive*. besides, if you don't like it, use 2.0.7
"Common sense isn't very common."
mAze

Post by mAze »

in my opinion is the release of etpro not too early, because this version makes ET more interesting for me and other players.

But I hope that the Bugs will be fixed and a new version will be released as fast as possible

I want to look my demos!!!!!1111 ^^

:)
#rELAXED.wARDOGS
psion

:f

Post by psion »

imo bani did great work with et pro 3.0.0 ....
ye sure there are a few bugs and if some dudes wouldve asked their league admins be4 they updated their servers (for example esl)..they wouldve known that 2.0.7 is still current league mod...
its driving me mad when every1 is just moaning bout the work others do for et community...

well bani...imo new et pro just rox0rs and i already love it! ;D
[FF]Adam

Post by [FF]Adam »

i think it's good

i have it setup on our server, and it is running great, the lightest load, and best pings we've ever had running ET.....granted, we run on linux, i dont know it it's any different with linux vs windows

you guys need to stop bitching about it, this is FREE.........

i have all the bug issues "worked-around", like the drop and the lag, along with numerous other things.........everything else is trivial and can be "put up" with until the update comes along

check it out if you dont believe me, 130.13.82.5

keep up the fab work bani & co..... :) u got my support
www.thefunnyfarm.net

130:13:82:5:27960
tFF original 4 map