server side map scripts

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Marko

server side map scripts

Post by Marko »

Hi

I'd just like to ask a little maybe "noobie" question regarding server side scripts. I'd like to be clear here that it isn't a cfg I'm trying to load but I want the server to override the script file contained in a map pk3 with a custom one I made.

I had this working fine on 2 clan servers I was administrating but it looks like it's impossible to get working on FuN Clan etpro servers. We tried everything with the etpro cvar and we also put the custom script in every possible directory but it never worked :cry:

Could anyone know what's causing this? We still haven't upgraded to etpro 3.0 yet and we'd like to fix this ASAP

bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

put the map script in

/etpro/maps/mapname.script
Marko

Post by Marko »

that's the first place we tried since all other servers I set it up on worked fine with this... I just seems to be buged on fun servers lol

We then tried to fiddle with the b_mapscriptdirectory putting it empty of adding "maps" in it and still nothing worked

I'll give it another try anyways, sorry for bugging ya bani

(btw, I'm still up to make ET goldrush mod with ya if you're bored hehehe)
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

Marko wrote: (btw, I'm still up to make ET goldrush mod with ya if you're bored hehehe)
bani is busssy whit ettv / etpro now

bayonet whit goldrush .. might come someday

..as for the scripts it should load the map script out of the etpro sub folder set at b_mapscriptdirectory

b_mapscriptdirectory "test" would load from etpro/test/<mapname>.script
Marko

Post by Marko »

yeah I know, but the really weird thing is I got it working on 2 clan servers, & not on FuN :(