Backdoor on Battery

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

realneo

Backdoor on Battery

Post by realneo »

Hi Folks,
is it possible to make the backdoor rebuildable on battery?
I'm currently using ETPro 3.0 with the newest fixes.

Thanks in advance
//Florian
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

I think the scripts in the map made it hard for them to make the backdoor rebuildable. See if you can find a copy of the Bani/Rain interview on Xcast - I think they mentioned why they'd done what they'd done on Battery in that interview.

Suffice to say they did try doing that, but no dice.
Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

This question came up at the splashdamage forum before.

It should be possible to make the rebackdoor rebuildable, when you link it to the generator. Afaik this could be done by altering the map script.
Ragnar_40k wrote:I dont think it should be so difficult - just use the generator to rebuild the backdoor. This should be possible with script changes only. When the backdoor is blasted destroy the generator too (maybe its got a short-circuit due to the explosion). And when the generator is rebuilded the backdoor is fixed too. Additionally constructible_chargebarreq should be increased to 1.5 then for the generator to reflect the increased repairing expense.
The Emperor watch over you.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

Ragnar_40k wrote:This question came up at the splashdamage forum before.

It should be possible to make the rebackdoor rebuildable, when you link it to the generator. Afaik this could be done by altering the map script.
its not that easy. that's the first thing i tried, and it breaks things horribly when you do it.
Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

For making the Backdoor dynamitable you need more than to change the map script. But once the backdoor is dynamitable you should be able to link it with the generator by altering the map script.
The Emperor watch over you.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

i think you gonig to need a new buildmaterials that would like stnad next to the door so you cna rebuild the door and generator seperated else its gonig ot be kinda hard
Corpse

Post by Corpse »

Leave it open, it's getting muggy in here anyway.

I agree that being able to rebuild would be kind of cool for pub play, but for league play I'd vote to leave it the way it is. It will make for faster times while promoting communication and teamwork.
RivrStyx

Post by RivrStyx »

Why not tie the back doors to the command post (and the generator if wanted). If axis build it doors are closed ... if allies blow and build it doors are open.
Generator could still control it the way it is also if an allie comes from inside and blows generator ...but will still split the defense because command post needs to be gaurded making axis have to venture outback and guard the path.