low fps since etpro 3.0.0 & 3.0.1

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Frankie

low fps since etpro 3.0.0 & 3.0.1

Post by Frankie »

Hi,
i don't know if this is a common problem or if anyone even cares about it:
if i play on an etpro 3.0.0 or 3.0.1 server, my fps are, compared to etmain or etpro 2.xx, really really low. same config, of course.
i made a 1:1 comparison two times when my fps are so low that i am handicaped:
once at the startup on goldrush / axis: when i exit the spawn, standing in the door that leads to the tank area, i get around 30 fps on etpro 3.0.1 while ~45 on etmain.
2.: on oasis: on the roof of the axis' spawn: etpro 3.0.1: 27 fps (i searched for the place giving the worst fps), etmain: 39-41, 40 most of the time.

ok, i didn't compare etpro 3.0.1 and 2.7 but: i do feel it when my fps go lower than ~35 and this happens all the time on etpro 3.0.1 servers but never on etmain/etpro 2.7... i bought a new graphic card (before etpro 3.0.0 was released) to keep my fps above 35 all the time, that worked but then came the new etpro version.

now... is this due to the new features and just noone notices it because you all have high fps OR do i miss some settings that increase my fps by ~15-20 :]?
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

I too have noticed this - but I haven't tried turning on/off all the new settings to see what it might be.
meLonF

Post by meLonF »

hmmm i thought i had noticed a slow down too, but thought i had just screwed up my config again :P

my fps never used to drop under 125 fps for more than a few seconds at a time, but now its constantly dipping to around 85~ for extended periods .... weird

maybe i should do some proper comparisions and post results here :)
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

I'm really sad because more and more leagues want you to play 3.0.1 :(
Insano

Post by Insano »

i didnt notice this,and my clanmates don't, too.
DarkSpiritz Clan .:. Co-leader - www.darkspiritz.org
Confederação Brasileira de Wolfenstein - Admin - www.cbwet.org
SickBoy

Post by SickBoy »

I noticed it too I think. I never go below 43 fps (my usual cap), but I've had drops to 37-40 on maps like fueldump where I should be able to get around 70 steady. I didn't think about maybe etpro causing it, but I'll check it out.
Vio

Post by Vio »

Do a timedemo and compare fps between versions.
BOTA

Post by BOTA »

No problems.
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Vio wrote:Do a timedemo and compare fps between versions.
i searched various forums for about half an hour and i still have no clue where to put +fs_game etpro to start a server running etpro...
second, i read that /timedemo records a timedemo - but it's cheatprotected. so... how do i deactivate punkbuster on my own server, how do i get etpro running on it and what exactly is a timedemo?
thx..
[FF]Adam

Post by [FF]Adam »

if anything mine has improved

i'm mostly right around 120.......and sometimes on radar i get anywhere's from 160-upper 200's

the WORST i've noticed is looking all the way across fuel dump, might drop below 100

anyway.....mines improved, and i've dropped our server load 15% and i've dropped pings 15%
www.thefunnyfarm.net

130:13:82:5:27960
tFF original 4 map
ShadowWalker

Post by ShadowWalker »

i would get a new card w/ that low of FPS, shit i had settings cranked all the wa up, and like my picture was just like amazing, and @ GR spawn i was getting 400FPS, not stable ofcoarse, but i saw it hit in the 400's. i would ge a new card:P.(Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb)
Grim|EFG

Post by Grim|EFG »

Frankie wrote: i searched various forums for about half an hour and i still have no clue where to put +fs_game etpro to start a server running etpro...
second, i read that /timedemo records a timedemo - but it's cheatprotected. so... how do i deactivate punkbuster on my own server
You can edit the shortcut, or run ET from a command prompt. Type

Code: Select all

cd c:\program files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory
replace the path with the location of et on your machine.

Then

ET.exe +set fs_game etpro
Running cheat protected commands is nothing to do with punkbuster - these are the built in "developer" cheats. To run a map in developer/cheat mode you bring down the console and type /devmap <mapname>. e.g:

/devmap oasis
you can then run cheatprotected commands such as timedemo, noclip, god, r_shownormals etc etc.
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

thanks a lot, now that was an explanation ;)

btw: i do not want to buy a new pc just because of etpro... i can live with 40 fps stable but not with 20 :]
+ i did buy a new graphic card which should be good enough for et... 5900xt -> it's mainly because of the mainboard and my 1,33 ghz :]

edit:
ok, if i set /timedemo 1 then i have to /record a demo, right?
well... if that's correct: what's the difference between a basic demo and a timedemo?
and is this a comparison for me or can other people see specific things watching it? i'm confused >:(
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

i just need that question to be answered :| please, it's really important...
defragga

Post by defragga »

ok, ... do following:

record a standard demo with /record or /autorecord ... for hmmm lets say 60 seconds
after that u go to console and do /set timedemo 1 and type /demo demoname

after that the demo is shown in the fastest way your pc can :)
when its finished u get a fps number displayed in the console