suggestion: weapon tweakage.

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

WinterWolf

suggestion: weapon tweakage.

Post by WinterWolf »

I guess its not possible for a server-side mod.. but I'll suggest it anyhow and then you guys can share your thoughts about it as well.

Medics are pretty über right now.. so this is partially why I suggest the following, plus it's a more accurate picture.

First, reduce the effectiveness of thompson, mp40 and sten on medium to long range. Submachine guns are close combat weapons, the stopping power (damage) of a submachinegun's bullets rapidly decrease as range grows (not to mention the inaccuracy). On close range they should be the same as now.

With the submachineguns properly reduced, Field Ops and Soldiers can choose rifles instead of the submachine guns, which although have a slower rate of fire (WW2 style..) have a much better damage at longer ranges. The Covops still has his FG42 and garand/k43, the engineer already has a rifle, but the Medic still only gets the thompson (to nerf him a little) cause he has to carry his medical supplies. :twisted:

What do YOU think? Maybe you even got better suggestions.
IdNotFound

Post by IdNotFound »

This would be a very big change, and I really don't think it would fit the objectives of ETPRO.

Besides, I don't think medics are that overpowered as people think...
Image nZ/IdNotFound
NaZGûL TeaM Leader
SAWL Tech Staff
IVAN

Post by IVAN »

how many kind of dmg can a weapon give ?... ant there only 2 typs.. body and head? (plus scoped with some weapons)
if so, then it would rock if you could set something like B_thomson 25,75 which would set bodyshots to do 25dmg and headshots to do 75 dmg.. then the server could set the weapon dmg they would... that way you could also tweak the sniper to be more like it was in RTCW
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

SMGs already have reduced effeictiveness at range. They drop to half damage for body shots, and 20% damage for headshots.

In any case, I don't see major game balance changes a good idea. If 'medic spam' is truely a problem (not something I really see in SW competition) then limit medics in some other way, rather than rebalancing all the weapons.
send lawyers, guns and money
CY-senator

Post by CY-senator »

Yes, there is a problem with Medics on pubs and that is: there are far to few of 'em ! It's not really uncommon that I am the only Medic and the rest of my team is 4-5 Engs with RifleNades, 2 SniperOnly CovOps and a FieldOps who rarely distributes ammo.
So no, I really dont think that the medic needs a nerfing.
ownage

Post by ownage »

medic is fine, fix the freaking sniper rifles, those things are worthless as of now. it's like getting a pebble thrown at your head, it needs to be more powerfull so it could actually be used in game. another reason to use cvops in my opinion.
IVAN

Post by IVAN »

Agree so much on that point Ownage..imo the Sniper should give 80 dmg on body shots.. and 160 headshots... this would give a good reason to use the covert, which also would give you a reason to have mine spotting class on your team =))
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

CY-senator wrote:Yes, there is a problem with Medics on pubs and that is: there are far to few of 'em ! It's not really uncommon that I am the only Medic and the rest of my team is 4-5 Engs with RifleNades, 2 SniperOnly CovOps and a FieldOps who rarely distributes ammo.
So no, I really dont think that the medic needs a nerfing.
ownage wrote:medic is fine, fix the freaking sniper rifles, those things are worthless as of now. it's like getting a pebble thrown at your head, it needs to be more powerfull so it could actually be used in game. another reason to use cvops in my opinion.
Seriously, what they said! :!:
=FF=im2good4u

Re: suggestion: weapon tweakage.

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

WinterWolf wrote:I guess its not possible for a server-side mod
ETpro is cleint side :lol:

but i think it to much of a tweak
Heimdal

Post by Heimdal »

If you want inaccurate SMGs, play Battlefield or some other "realistic" game :P