CVar issues? 2 questions.

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Bedrock

CVar issues? 2 questions.

Post by Bedrock »

Question 1:
I was interested in what cvar causes the crosshair to go from sharp/crisp to blurry. I know changing your resolutions will do this.. but eh.. check these:

Old config:
Old config2:
New config:
New config2:

I was wondering, why did the "res" quality of my crosshair change, when I didn't change the resolution? I know its because I changed a mass amount of graphic settings, I just don't know which one. My crosshair acts like I changed my resolution to 640x. =/

I like the old crosshair, but I like the new config. :O

Question 2:

Why the hell does my ET load twice on map change, or when I connect to a server? It seems like a vid_Restart. -.-;

Thanks for reading through my 6am confusion moment.
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

even..graphic adapter settings in windows
(@ controlpanel>display>advanced>openGL>texturequality) can indeed affect this..
Bedrock

Post by Bedrock »

Didn't touch any of that, keep in mind.. I need to know why the crosshair quality gets lower as my in-game graphic settings get higher.
IVAN

Post by IVAN »

would it be posibel to change the Crossair to be a part of the Hud? donno how to explain this .. but your Fireteam/radar and so on never gets
blured..
implode

Post by implode »

r_texturemode "GL_NEAREST" // this produces pixelation and makes the crosshair more crisp as a result
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

your crosshair is a texture. Thus texture settings affect it.
send lawyers, guns and money
Bedrock

Post by Bedrock »

I thought it'd be something along those lines, thanks.
NewdeaL

Post by NewdeaL »

this may not help you, but when i first started playing ET, i played with my rtcw config, 1024x768, but my frames were craptastic, so i dropped to 800x600, then again to 640x480, and my crosshair was a mess. so all i did was just up the size a little bit, and i could see it crisp and clear.

)) NewdeaL