squadjot

Post by squadjot »

bacon wrote:
squadjot wrote:"you can see headshots by the helmet is falling off.."
The helmet falls off on the first headshot only :roll:
exactly..
Fusen

Post by Fusen »

exactly? You mean "exactly" as in your point doesn't stand if you achieve more than one headshot?
________
hash
Last edited by Fusen on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Etnies`

Post by Etnies` »

pointless argument squadjot not gonna change anything in the long run anyway.
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

Just for the record, a white puff is a body hit and a red puff is a headshot.
Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul.
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

Fusen wrote:exactly? You mean "exactly" as in your point doesn't stand if you achieve more than one headshot?
my point?.. my point are that some people claim that hitsounds didnt really add anything we didnt already have.. and i'm saying there IS a difference... the helmet amongst other things ^^
Etnies` wrote:pointless argument squadjot not gonna change anything in the long run anyway.
as mentioned earlier im not exspecting anything to change.. but that doesent mean i cannot debate it.
EagleReloaded wrote:Just for the record, a white puff is a body hit and a red puff is a headshot.
true, but i still dont think u can compare it to definitive and clear sound messages... and on very long distance when shooting at snipers u will have very hard time seeing white and red puffs even helmet pop off's. + all the other aspects of having hitsounds.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

squadjot wrote:as mentioned earlier im not exspecting anything to change.. but that doesent mean i cannot debate it.
Sure, you can debate it, but you might want to think about whether this is the right place to do so.

Any league or server which wishes to force hitsounds off can already do that. If the main leagues force them off, chances are the competitive pubs will mostly follow.

So basically, it seems you want the etpro team to enforce your opinion (that hitsounds are bad) on everyone else, since you are unable or unwilling to convince those who run the leagues/servers you participate in to turn them off.

You might want to think about what would happen if we did this for everyone who argued strongly for some gameplay change here.
send lawyers, guns and money
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

reyalP wrote:
squadjot wrote:as mentioned earlier im not exspecting anything to change.. but that doesent mean i cannot debate it.
You might want to think about what would happen if we did this for everyone who argued strongly for some gameplay change here.
wait a minute, first off all, its not me (or any other forumuser) who dictates what should be or not be added..its still etproteam that makes the final decision. Second im not trying to add gameplay features, im trying to point out that hitsounds has changed gameplay in a negative way.. That's what i'm discussing here

...and btw its not me that decided that; if people suggest stuff.. and if there's a strong argument for it, and a good reason to incorporate it, then the dev team might do so.. in many cases with quite succes... again..100% etproteam's choice of doing things (this is not a argument for/against anything.. its just how it is)

now.. posting it here..instead of on each league's board forum.. well ..i somehow blame etpro team for incorporating hitsounds..not the leagues.. that the leagues then just use hitsounds in the actaul competition, thats because they just do what everyone else do, or doesent care..noone have had balls to actually try to run a comp without hitsounds.. (not blaming them tho, imagine the hangovers from whine)

Shouldnt etpro team be the ones "thinking about what gameplay changes" they put in etpro..? or should just build a multi mod, that people can shape more or less as they want it? I bet etproteam feels fine about, "people can decide themselves".. but that also gives me the impression that etpro team doesent really care if its the one or other.. they just add the options/features, then let others decide what to do with them.. , that sounds convinient for all parts, but does it give the best result?

That's the reason its in here, also i exspect "pro"players, and hopefully some league people to stop by and read this forum also..

again, i know probably nothing is gonna happen, but i still fear other/similar things to happen (or even worse), cause the mentality is the same, and i bet Bani didnt regret one bit that he added hitsounds.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

etpro does care about the game play changes... hence the not wanting to add things that would negatively affect gameplay/image of etpro... eg xpsave... I don't think that hitsounds have negatively affected the game in any significant way... I can't say they've really improved it either though
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?