Dyno Timer

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

ownage

Dyno Timer

Post by ownage »

I noticed in the demo view options there is a "Dyno Timer" where we are able to see a counter for the dyno to blow right on top of the dyno. Would it be possible to make that an option in the game? just a thought :D :D
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

That's what shoutcaster mode is for....

...along with seeing mines, whether they've been spotted or not, seeing disguised coverts, whose disguise they've got, seeing everyone on their command map, seeing names over heads..... ;)
NewdeaL

Post by NewdeaL »

kingjackal: he wants to know if bani could include the dyno timer for ingame purposes, which i could understand, if you're an engi and just spawned, see a dyno that has 5 seconds left to blow, you can ignore it, and not get killed for no reason.

OTOH, it could dramatically change the outcome of a game, for instance, if an engi on oasis went to defuse the south gun, saw 7 seconds left, knowing thats not enough time, could let it go, and potentially kill an engineer, going to plant north gun, when infact he probably would have been blasted to bits trying to defuse a hopeless dyno.

sure, the above scenario is few and far between, and i can understand the yay and nay sayers on this one. personally, it'd be a nice feature to have for all the players, knowing how long you have to hold the dyno, if the enemy has time to defuse etc.

)) NewdeaL
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

it would dramatically change gameplay and the leagues would throw fits.
Deus

Post by Deus »

maybe it is possible to show this requested information only to the engineer who planted the dyn or only to the team that planted it.
daemord

Post by daemord »

*sigh*, do you lot never play engi??

FYI, the glow speed of the dynamite is all the timer an experienced engineer needs, we do not need a white marker on top of it stating time, usually i can pin it down to within 5 seconds or so before it blows, simply by paying attention to the glow, and a rough feel of the situation, so a)no need for this, and b)it would change game play for those engi's not willing to utilise the glow.
fretn

Post by fretn »

that's the fun about defusing, you are never sure if you will make it or not :)

and your heart goees wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiild then :D
Day by day : http://w.twwwo.be/
Jinks

Post by Jinks »

bani wrote:it would dramatically change gameplay and the leagues would throw fits.
haha "the leagues" would have fits because the "don't change anything" carnaval would have a feild day with this one - The idea imo is kinda neat but the carnaval would probably have a good point on this one - most teams listen and/or watch for the plant and check the clock really quick, +30 to what u see and that's when the dyno goes boom.

Thing that bugs me is the delay in hearing the message sometimes "they've captured the west..." "we've captured the... " "they've caputired the..." "dynamite planted" (meanwhile the dyno has been sitting there for 15 seconds already but u don't hear it because the flag was being contested)

I'd rather have the onscreen osp/rtcw style big bold printing "DYNAMITE PLANTED" that was introduced because of the bug on sub where teams wouldn't hear a plant.
Kami

Post by Kami »

Jinks wrote: I'd rather have the onscreen osp/rtcw style big bold printing "DYNAMITE PLANTED" that was introduced because of the bug on sub where teams wouldn't hear a plant.
I totally agree, and trying to see text of dyno plants with the obits is nearly impossible.
Fade2Black

Post by Fade2Black »

An alternative suggestion would be for an icon to flash on the command map - so people have to look at the map [G] or [L] to see if something had been planted or not.

Then all people would have to do is to check the command map to see if dynamite had been planted near an objective.

Although I prefer this not to be implemented as I try to rely on airstrike cover to mask the sound of my TNT being planted :)

All I want ET to bring out in their next patch is trip-wires for TNT.

Go on... pls..... :)

Last edited by Fade2Black on Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jinks

Post by Jinks »

It's probably a safe assumption that most league players don't want to rely on checking the command map every 15 seconds to see if dyno has been planted somewhere - Still an interesting suggestion but in the end I still strongly beleive a nice big on screen warning that shows the instant the plant was made would be in order.
ownage

Post by ownage »

i think that big "dynomite planted" flashing on the screen is a great idea
Fade2Black

Post by Fade2Black »

There could be an alternative

Danger - Explosives Activated: Shown on only the Engineer's Screen [Coordinate]

Almost guarantee having an engineer on a team :)
NewdeaL

Post by NewdeaL »

OR WE COULD ALWAYS GO WITH THE TRIED AND TRUE "DYNAMITE PLANTED" ON EVERYONE'S SCREEN LIKE RTCW

)) NewdeaL
SickBoy

Post by SickBoy »

Or have a hierarchy in the announcer messages, so the most important ones are said immediately, like dynamite planted. (plus the message on screen)

And cancellation of previous messages with FFE.

Instead of
Aborting , can't see target

Ab..Ab..Ab..Aborting, can't see target :D