Prone proprosal

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Herf

Prone proprosal

Post by Herf »

Heh, I have always thought it would be cool if like a nade or mortar was coming and one went prone, it should like take 1/3rd of the damage off, or make the damage radius one half or something. Kinda would be realistic, and add another tactical element to the game, like if one saw a mortar coming in, and one went prone, one would have a greater chance of living. which is basically what happens in real (yeah I know its no where close to real) warfare. Heheh, I would just get a kick out of seeing like stiegl or someone mortaring a spawn rush and seeing a whole team hit the deck. It would make people watch for mortars coming in, and give them an opportunity to do something besides think "oh shoot" for a second : P

H3rf
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

in et you hardly can see a mortor comming
Sqwirral

Post by Sqwirral »

I've thought this before too, but not with mortar (coz you can't see it), more with airstrikes and arty. Sometimes you're backed against a wall and know you can't run away before it hits, would be cool if you could do a little something to minimise the damage.
Spark2

Post by Spark2 »

You can't see a mortar, but you can hear it. I like this proposal, also for support fire. But ETPro isn't about changing gameplay, so if anything, it would probably be an option and then its usefulness would be questioned (how would you know if proning will help you or not?).
kekkyoku

Post by kekkyoku »

Just disable prone and make it for the MG class but only when they deploy. Its a fucking plague to this game.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Spark2 wrote:You can't see a mortar, but you can hear it
Hmmm, I can see mortars. Hax ?
send lawyers, guns and money
Saladin

Post by Saladin »

Yeah, you can see mortars if you run around with your fov looking straight up.

Other than that, I really only see them on beach or oasis where they are being used offensively. Most of the time, by the time you see it, you're toast.

As for this actual thread, giving people ANOTHER reason to go prone, NO THX.
Fade2Black

Post by Fade2Black »

You'll be letting the engineers dig foxholes and create temporary sandbags for defense next...

Without prone it removes the Machine-Gun.

Should the mortar actually make a whistling sound as it arcs over - giving you the chance to hear it coming?
Japman

Post by Japman »

if allies are mortaring the axis on battery, i can sometimes dodge mortars, but the hit the deck thing would be cool. It would also be better if they jumpe to the ground rather than crawling.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: HYPNOTIC!!!
fretn

Post by fretn »

maybe if we ever make CODpro :)
Day by day : http://w.twwwo.be/
Herf

seeing mortars

Post by Herf »

I see mortars soming in, u have like a split second to react, it would be possible to prone before hiting if your prone key is handy.

It is NOT possible to evade, there is no time. Also even if you miss prone the first time, the mortars are often fired in groups of two.

Yeah a whistling sound would be cool, possibly..... I dont want to make mortars less effective per se, I may be against a whistling sound, it may give too much warning dunno. I know the time I see mortars would give me the occasional chance to get a prone in before it hit though, maybe achieving this like 50 percent of the ones I actually manage to see coming in (which may be 20-50 percent of the ones that blow up around me).

Heheh, like i said, its kinda a lighthearted suggestion, but I would think it would be cool, and would turn a futile situation into a possible saveble one if one had quick reflexes.
Bedrock

Post by Bedrock »

kekkyoku wrote:Just disable prone and make it for the MG class but only when they deploy. Its a fucking plague to this game.
Are you god? because only god could propose such a GREAT fucking idea.

Prone is a fucking disease that needs to be removed. I say this with much hate, embrace the force.

edit:
It would not disable the MG class, just have it so weapalt autoprones.

Bani was nice enough to mod /kill and giving xp per damage, so I don't see any reason he cannot nerf prone to the point where its not abused. (not that i cared about /kill, all it did was put the enemy further away from me.)
Trippy

Post by Trippy »

making mortar less lethal is bad, in wars when one goes mortar then he should be able to be effective without the other team having options to make damage/noticing it easier. in the end, the team that does use a mortar is down one man allready. and the mortar is probably one of the most difficult to use weapons of the game allready.

my conclusion dont make mortar easier to dodge or make it so that you can have less damage by doing a certain action. it's allready hard enough to kill for the one using the mortar.

about beeing able to avoid damage for airstrikes and arti, i think this does have some good things in it, it's not like calling an arty is as hard as making effective mortar kills.
NewdeaL

Post by NewdeaL »

Bedrock wrote:
kekkyoku wrote:Just disable prone and make it for the MG class but only when they deploy. Its a fucking plague to this game.
Are you god? because only god could propose such a GREAT fucking idea.

Prone is a fucking disease that needs to be removed. I say this with much hate, embrace the force.

edit:
It would not disable the MG class, just have it so weapalt autoprones.

Bani was nice enough to mod /kill and giving xp per damage, so I don't see any reason he cannot nerf prone to the point where its not abused. (not that i cared about /kill, all it did was put the enemy further away from me.)

praise. ahmen.

disable prone, imo with the prone animation/hitbox the way it works, its an exploit, which allows someone to compensate for crappy aim.

in rtcw, someone compensated for crappy aim by playing panzer or flamethrower (if they were truly bad) so c'mon, get rid of this shit, leave it for the mg-42, its the only real reason it was implimented into the game.

)) NewdeaL
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Anyone who can't hit a stationary target should /uninstall :shock:

Do you guys really have that much trouble killing proners ? Honestly, I don't see it giving the people who do it against me much of an advantage. Yes, sometimes it catches me by surprise, but for the most part, people who own me 1v1 are more likely to die if they prone. Maybe I just haven't come up against a l333t pronAr, or maybe I can actually aim down quickly because my sensitivity isn't 0.00000000000000000001

Heck, crouch is instant just like prone, and if you strafe while crouched, the head hitbox is way off. Should we take that out too ? OMG CROUCHER HAX!111. Shit, lets make it like doom where up/down aiming is automatic...

Prone has a few good uses in ET, and IMO, doing it in a firefight is usally not one of them. The only times I use it are to mg42, hide behind low cover, shoot under something, or have a low profile while engineering something.

I suggest you anti-proners try it for a while. My guess is that you will find that it sucks, and you die. When you realize that is true, I don't see how you can complain about your opponents doing it :P
send lawyers, guns and money