Battery Back Door + Fuel Dump Allied Forward Spawn

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

zero.TA

Battery Back Door + Fuel Dump Allied Forward Spawn

Post by zero.TA »

After playing these Maps I have come to the conclusion that it is about time that a review was done.

Battery Back Door

While I think it's a good idea to actually blow the back door and the ability in the initial stage for Axis Spawn at the back, it then becomes a problem.

If like any other entrance that can be blown you could mine the area it would be an advantage but in Battery that is not possible, also you do not have the option of rebuilding it. It also gives an unfair advantage to the Allies because they can spawn at the forward bunker as well and with a Spawn time of 20 Secs as opposed to Axis 30 secs causes the Axis to be at an unfair advantage.

Recent matches has shown that a side can all attempt the rear entrance which of course draws the Axis to defense, then after initial push self kill to spawn at Forward Bunker leaving a clear run into the Control room.

While I agree that you could move the defense into the control room it still becomes unfair because of the qjuickness of attacking from 2 Spawn points. Generator gets blown which oopens up another 2 Access Points to control room. Must admit have not seen Axis actually win a game since this mod, and thecompletion times are getting pathetic (1.24mins in a recent Sav Match)

Fuel Dump

Once again the Forward Spawn at Fuel Dump when Command Post is built also gives an unfair advantage to the Axis. 20 secs spawn time as against 30 with only a short distance to cover gives an unfair advantage.

Oh well back to work - had my moan :twisted:
Saladin

Post by Saladin »

Wow, someone can only play Panzer/Arty Spam.

Honestly, I don't know if you are being sarcastic or have genuinly never played this game before. Until these changes were made, Battery and Fuel Dump were useless to play due to the HEAVY favor of the defense.

As for Battery, that is now one of my favorite maps. Requireing AWESOME team communication, spawn switching, use of spawn timer, class switching and "do-or-die" tactics.

Anything can happen, and it does.

As for Fuel Dump, take away forward/CP spawn and NOBODY will cap. Simply too much time for axis to regroup and get spam down again while it takes allies the better part of 20 seconds just to get into position.
Kendle

Re: Battery Back Door + Fuel Dump Allied Forward Spawn

Post by Kendle »

zero.TA wrote: Battery Back Door
Recent matches has shown that a side can all attempt the rear entrance which of course draws the Axis to defense, then after initial push self kill to spawn at Forward Bunker leaving a clear run into the Control room.
Allies have got to capture the Forward Bunker before they can spawn there. With the ramp still destroyable with Satchel charge it's not too difficult for Axis to hold off a Beach attack, even against greater numbers. Also, Axis can spawn initially at the Command Post and, with the Back Door approach an easily defendable choke point it's not too difficult to defend that route either. All Axis have got to do is split their defense and be ready to /kill respawn as required depending on how Allies switch their attack.

Battery before ETPro mod = not playable AT ALL.

Battery after ETPro = still a bit of a pigs ear, but now playable.
zero.TA wrote: Fuel Dump

Once again the Forward Spawn at Fuel Dump when Command Post is built also gives an unfair advantage to the Axis. 20 secs spawn time as against 30 with only a short distance to cover gives an unfair advantage.
I think you meant to say when Command Post is built also gives an unfair advantage to the Allies, but I'd have to disagree again. It evens things up somewhat.

Again:-

Fueldump before ETPro mod = not playable AT ALL.

Fueldump after ETPro = still a bit of a pigs ear, but now playable.
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

1) Dunno what you're playing original maps at all for, but anyways...

2) Battery, 20 sec allies, 30 sec axis, and it sucks. Ummm, what's so wrong with tweaking the spawn times? Got .cfg?!

I really think your league needs to try some tweaking - map settings are anything but set in stone ;).
NewdeaL

Post by NewdeaL »

well, i dont have much experience with fueldump, played 1 tourny match on it that wasnt very balanced, so we didnt have to strat much.

as far as battery is concerned, i like that the back door is dyno-able. the only problem is, the TWL config lets you satchel the ramp now, because of the door, and if placed right, a covops can lay a satchel down before the ramp is even built, then go hide, wait for the "they've constructed the assault ramp!" and press their +attack key. as fast as its built, its blown away.

the back door area is such a disgusting choke point, even if you send 6 players, they're going to get spammed out by arty/nades/mines/crewserved. a team could also just not defend there, giving them the back door, and essentially wasting the first rush of the offense.

)) NewdeaL
blaz

Post by blaz »

the goal is to set times. if your team cannot beat the times set by your opponents, perhaps you should be working on your strats instead?
zero.TA

Post by zero.TA »

Must admit I did write a load of bollocks, thats what happens when I spend hours in a boring meeting, thinking of stupid things :roll: