Feature request: Voice comms extention?

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

-FA-Undertaker

Feature request: Voice comms extention?

Post by -FA-Undertaker »

Just wondering, is it be possible to extend the voicecomms menu with some new voicesounds?

some examples: "Engineer near objective", "Wait, I'm a medic", "medic on it's way, don't tap out", "Watch out, I've planted mines", "build the commandpost", "defend our spawnpoint" (ok, needs some changes, I'm just suggesting some stuff here :D )
KingJackaL

Re: Feature request: Voice comms extention?

Post by KingJackaL »

-FA-Undertaker wrote:Just wondering, is it be possible to extend the voicecomms menu with some new voicesounds?

some examples: "Engineer near objective", "Wait, I'm a medic", "medic on it's way, don't tap out", "Watch out, I've planted mines", "build the commandpost", "defend our spawnpoint" (ok, needs some changes, I'm just suggesting some stuff here :D )
LOL, I've got half of those in custom binds, hehehe. At least, 'Medic on the way', 'Medic cant reach you - tap out' etc ( for medic, I have slightly varied ones for the other classes in their autoexecs ). Plus 'enemy engineer planting/defusing!!', etc :lol:
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

that posable aswel whit /vsay medic "medic on the way"
-FA-Undertaker

Post by -FA-Undertaker »

you mean /vsay iammedic "Medic on it's way", right?
NewdeaL

Post by NewdeaL »

i thought you meant something along the lines of like what CS or UT2k4 has with built in voice communication (like ventrilo/ts built into the game)
in which case i'd say GL HF LM, it isn't going to happen.

but yes, /vsay_team iammedic Medic on the Way! etc etc will work.

/bind x vsay_team iammedic ^1Medic on the Way!

)) NewdeaL
-FA-Undertaker

Post by -FA-Undertaker »

well, I meant voices, not alternative text... a lot of players can't or just refuse to read lines that are typed...
l30

Post by l30 »

So et would need to transfer the sound voice files from each player to all the other clients in game. Not practical, I thought.
IdNotFound

Post by IdNotFound »

l30 wrote:So et would need to transfer the sound voice files from each player to all the other clients in game. Not practical, I thought.
Clans could build their own .pk3 with sound files, and distribute to members... Too bad if someone don't download it ;)
Image nZ/IdNotFound
NaZGûL TeaM Leader
SAWL Tech Staff