A request/suggestion regarding the custom hud, b_althud 3 :)

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

shamanix

A request/suggestion regarding the custom hud, b_althud 3 :)

Post by shamanix »

Let me just start by saying that I know b_althud 3 isn't finished yet and that fretn is still working on it and that's why I'm asking for this now, so that hopefully it will be included when b_althud 3 is fully implemented :)

Now, the main problem I have with the alternate huds in ETpro is that the compass is much too small compared to the default one, and consequently I continue to use the default hud just for the larger compass map. When I loaded up etpro 3.0.7 and tried out b_althud 3 I noticed that the compass included was already in the smaller "alternate" size.

What I was really hoping would be included with the new b_althud 3 is an option to select using the default large compass or the smaller alternate compass, since if I was forced to use the smaller compass I wouldn't use b_althud 3 at all and I really love the idea of having a custom hud.

So fretn, if you see this, please include an option to use the larger compass size :D (or perhaps an option to have it any size you want, ala the multiview window resizing)

PS. if this was already on the list of things to be included (or perhaps, even already included), I'm sorry for making this thread :) (I just wasn't sure, and seeing the smaller compass in 3.0.7 got me worried) Oh, and thanks to whoever decided to include b_mapzoom in ETpro3, I love that :D
have you been leet today?
fretn

Post by fretn »

this is what I'm planning to implement:

- drag & drop hud elements
- alternate hud element drawing (like: big compass, small compass, a green compass -> by using you scrollwheel you can switch between them)
- saving/loading into/from a file, which allows easy switching between different hud sets, based on class, situation, etc, or you can share your hud with your friends <3
Day by day : http://w.twwwo.be/
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

and if ppl dont got a mouse scroll wheel :D
shake

Post by shake »

=FF=im2weak4u wrote:and if ppl dont got a mouse scroll wheel :D
They should buy a logitech mx700 :)

also, maybe make a b_compasssize cvar so you can scale it to any size you want?
fretn

Post by fretn »

+ - buttons
Day by day : http://w.twwwo.be/
flip

Post by flip »

Is it also possible to include the option to turn off certain hud elements too? eg. cg_drawstamina etc...
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

just drag em off screen

but i think fretn will addd this alse ill spam him mad :D

i mean if you cna trun off the head you should be able to turn off the rest :D
mouse

Post by mouse »

Share the lub ehm... hud!

Such a fekkin' good idea, i cant wait till you finished this fretn. And what do you mean with green compass? Whats the diffrence between the standard? (besides the color ;)).
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

mouse wrote:Share the lub ehm... hud!

Such a fekkin' good idea, i cant wait till you finished this fretn. And what do you mean with green compass? Whats the diffrence between the standard? (besides the color ;)).
thats the secret !! :D
shamanix

Post by shamanix »

fretn wrote:this is what I'm planning to implement:

- drag & drop hud elements
- alternate hud element drawing (like: big compass, small compass, a green compass -> by using you scrollwheel you can switch between them)
- saving/loading into/from a file, which allows easy switching between different hud sets, based on class, situation, etc, or you can share your hud with your friends <3
very very nice :D thanks a lot
have you been leet today?
IdNotFound

Post by IdNotFound »

I just hope this green compass is not directly related to the Counter-Strike minimap-attempt. Even though it works fairly ok (in some cases better than the ET compass as it indicates if the player is on a higher floor), feels bad to have a Counter-Strike feature on ET ;)
Image nZ/IdNotFound
NaZGûL TeaM Leader
SAWL Tech Staff