Please consider this!!!

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

gL1tch

Please consider this!!!

Post by gL1tch »

Covert Ops being able to use SMG's.

That would be the final touch to an otherwise underpowered class.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... 4&start=90
that idea is much better, this would be a bayonet feature
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

I disagree (with Gotenks). I don't think making the Sniper more useful / powerful would make much difference, as there aren't that many ET maps on which a Sniper would be useful. Giving Coverts an SMG on the other hand would make them a more powerful Class on ALL maps. And let's face it, Coverts are almost never used in Clan wars unless there's a real good reason for doing so.

I think they'd possibly be some balancing issues to address. Like would they start with SMG or would they have to pick one up off a dead body? How much ammo would they start with? They'd certainly have to be a team_maxCoverts setting to prevent public servers becoming infested with them. But balancing aside, I think Coverts with SMG could be a good thing for ETPro and competition.
Spark2

Post by Spark2 »

Well, if you give the Cov Ops a strong sniper rifle, you could just as well throw the (now) useless FG42 out and replace it with an SMG.
But the important question is, would it really make the game more interesting if the Cov Ops would be a balanced class?
Consider some of the possible consequences:
- On Radar, Allies constantly have to be afraid to lose their command post spawn, which in turn makes the map harder to win. Add to this that a powerful sniper could be quite pesky on this map (though it might be just as useful for the offense).
- We'd have lots of smoke flying through the maps. :) It's not extremely useful but better than nothing and the Cov Ops doesn't really have anything else to do with his charge, unless there is something to satchel.
- Mines would become practically useless. Currently we have teams switching to a Cov Ops for a short time to uncover the mines, if the Cov Ops would be a balanced class, mines would be almost out of the game.
- You'd constantly have to cover teamdoors and be afraid of someone slipping through.
- While the disguise doesn't really work with fireteam icons, you can be sure that players would still use it to cause some irritation.

The gameplay changes would be massive, much larger than anything ETPro has changed before (optional or not). Maybe it would make the game even more interesting but it could just as well go wrong. I think it would be nice to find out and try it, we don't really have much to lose (as long as it's optional of course).
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

I think as long as the changes favoured attack more than defense it could be worth considering, although the Command Post spawn being more vunerable due to more Coverts on the defending team is obviously not one of them, so would require careful consideration (and might negate the idea on that single basis alone).

I don't have a problem with gameplay changes per se, as long as they favour competition. Gameplay changes for the sake of it are definately out though, IMO.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

oke iv consider it and the answer in NO
gL1tch

Post by gL1tch »

I meant that they could pick up an SMG and use it... it would make spotting coverts harder.
Deus

Post by Deus »

I said that some time ago:

They should be able to pick up the weapon from the player the stole the uniform from.

but no additional ammo from fops or ammo racks. only what the got in the magazin left from the player.
gL1tch

Post by gL1tch »

nah they should be able to get ammo too.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

gL1tch wrote:nah they should be able to get ammo too.
Nein! they should be able deploy mutant sharks with lasers on their heads.
send lawyers, guns and money
Radeon9.8kpunk

Post by Radeon9.8kpunk »

covops should be able to pick up and use any weapon, but they can only start with their base guns.
How much damage does the fg42 do over the other smgs??
Bandit is looking for a ET Clan!
I am proficient in combat and medical skills
My accurracy is usually around 35-40%
I usually get at least twice as many kills as deaths
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Radeon9.8kpunk wrote: How much damage does the fg42 do over the other smgs??
-3 unscoped. (fg42 = 15, mp40/thompson 18, sten 14). Note that the FG doesn't have distance falloff, but that hardly matters since it has horrible spread unscoped. All do 40 or 50 headshot damage (depending on helmet), again with falloff for the light weapons.

Scoped it does 30 on body shots, 48/60 for head.

FWIW, the above points out another possible way to improve the covert. If the FG42 did normal SMG damage, and followed the same spread rules as the SMGs (with a benefit from crouch and prone, and a negative from jumping/swimming/ladders), it would be a weapon to be feared, rather than a joke. It would still have a disadvantage from small clip size (== reload before gib).
send lawyers, guns and money
Radeon9.8kpunk

Post by Radeon9.8kpunk »

IMO the sten and fg42 should do more damage, they take more skil to use and that should be rewarded, the unscoped fg42 should do 24 and the sten should do 20. i also suggest bring the RtCW SMG stats to et, i like tommy guns and mp40s being different
Bandit is looking for a ET Clan!
I am proficient in combat and medical skills
My accurracy is usually around 35-40%
I usually get at least twice as many kills as deaths
iCe_bLASt

Post by iCe_bLASt »

IMO giving the FG42 less spread would be nugh , the probelm with FG 42 now is that nobody will stay enough time in the same place to get 4 body or 2 HS shot from a sniper - and unless you are in range that is shorter then ~3 meters the spread will make you miss 70% of your bullets . and that means you cant kill without HS because you will only do 6 hits per clip even if you perfectly aim to the body = 90 dmg.
I remeber when I saw a noob standing 10M from me in the same place so went down to prone (I thoght prone will give me 100% accuracy) aimed to his head and squiezd a full clip on him , and when he saw he is getting shot he slowly turned around and killed me with his much more accurate SMG while I reload.

(Forgive me for spelling mistakes ... English is not my native languge)