Alternate HUD Concept (incl. picture)

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

todd`

Alternate HUD Concept (incl. picture)

Post by todd` »

I'm getting kind of tired of the regular HUD, everything is too big, that head is annoying, and I just can't get used to the 2 alternate HUD's (probably because I like the compass in the top-right corner). The main thing was to make everything minimalistic so you could focus on gameplay, instead of things flying past the screen in your way. I don't know if it's possible to move the event text though :x So.. here's what I came up with:

[click the image to make bigger, but be warned dialup users]

Comments?

Note: I screenshotted althud2 while looking at the sky with r_fastsky "1" and r_drawSun "0" and just moved things around. Nothing was added or removed.

Edit: It's completely up to the writers of etpro whether or not they want to use this, rearrange it, etc.
flip

Post by flip »

Custom huds (b_althud 3) should be in the next proper release of ETPro.

It will allow you to drag hud elements around, instead of them being static.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

yeh the new hud wil be cool but where did you read it was in the next release :P
Trippy

Post by Trippy »

i like those announcement messages with dyna planted and the likes down their in the right..
bacon

Post by bacon »

Why in the world would you want your gun info + hp + xp in the top-left?
Trippy

Post by Trippy »

bacon wrote:Why in the world would you want your gun info + hp + xp in the top-left?
i personally wouldn't, but that's what althud 3 is going to be for, so that everyone can customize the hud to their own liking.
IdNotFound

Post by IdNotFound »

Trippy wrote:i like those announcement messages with dyna planted and the likes down their in the right..
It is nice indeed, but there will be death/kill messages along with that unless the new althud comes with some leet new options to make those kind of messages independent...
Image nZ/IdNotFound
NaZGûL TeaM Leader
SAWL Tech Staff
todd`

Post by todd` »

bacon wrote:Why in the world would you want your gun info + hp + xp in the top-left?
Where else would you put it? Keeping it next to the engineering, battle sense, and light weapons icons would make that area too cluttered IMO, and it would be hard at to see what you have (XP/HP/ammo wise) at a quick glance with all white text in one area.
IdNotFound wrote:It is nice indeed, but there will be death/kill messages along with that unless the new althud comes with some leet new options to make those kind of messages independent...
The server I was playing on, and all ETPro servers I've seen have them separate. The death/kill messages were in the middle of the screen vertically, and on the left of the screen horizontally.
Radeon9.8kpunk

Post by Radeon9.8kpunk »

it may not all fit on 640 by 480 but if u have to run a game that low who cares.
Bandit is looking for a ET Clan!
I am proficient in combat and medical skills
My accurracy is usually around 35-40%
I usually get at least twice as many kills as deaths
IdNotFound

Post by IdNotFound »

todd` wrote:
IdNotFound wrote:It is nice indeed, but there will be death/kill messages along with that unless the new althud comes with some leet new options to make those kind of messages independent...
The server I was playing on, and all ETPro servers I've seen have them separate. The death/kill messages were in the middle of the screen vertically, and on the left of the screen horizontally.
I think you missed my point. Although the objective warnings seem very nice by itself, they show up on the same location on the hud as the kill/death messages, cluttering it up and not making as readable as it looks. Chat messages are located somewhere else.

If what you're saying is that death/kill is showing up together with chat messages, then it sounds more like shrub to me. IIRC it has some sort of extra/replacement messages showing up there.
Image nZ/IdNotFound
NaZGûL TeaM Leader
SAWL Tech Staff