Spawn invulnerability

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Zuron007

Spawn invulnerability

Post by Zuron007 »

Dont know if this is the right section to post this in but here goes...

How about adding the ability to change the spawn invulnerability for each map individually or as a default? I know that shrub did this and was dissapointed to see that my favorite mod (majorly sucking up) didnt have it.

Please, oh please integrate this minor detail in to your busy programming day if its not too much to ask.
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

I never used that feature on my shrub servers, but I can see the use - especially on some maps. ( both for putting it up, and for putting it down )
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

bayonet feature, it won't really improve gameplay or ballance much, just quiet the anti spawn camping crowd
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Ragnarok|GER

Post by Ragnarok|GER »

i do some mapping. and spawninvul is a very important factor for the balance of a map.
most of the time, the mappers arent 100% able to balance a map. changing the spawninvul would be a pretty useful option for the serveradmins to compensate for the mapper's mistakes.

but i'm afraid most serveradmins will abuse it in order to survive spawnaries or mortars..
Noobie

Post by Noobie »

Can't you already do this using the spawninvul cvar and the mapdefault_radar.cfg/mapdefault.cfg files?

Well it would work if ETpro has that cvar but it doesn't lol....
________
Xl175
Last edited by Noobie on Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wabbitz

Post by Wabbitz »

bleh everyone always want to make the game easier. is sposed to be pro mod, not girly mod lol. u can always go different door when spawn, if u die in spawn u are n00b, sorry for offense but is true :(

sprint and shove and move like hell while u are safe!