ETpro replaces often my profil settings

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

modemuser78

ETpro replaces often my profil settings

Post by modemuser78 »

There is obviosly a option in etpro that makes it possible to change my settings in my profile. It is really peeving if this happens, especially if the rate is set from 4500 (wich fits my modem) to 7000 wich is maybe useful for isdn. If i connect on one of this server who do this i always have to change this settings back. There must be a better way if modemuser are unwanted on a server and not everyone has isdn or something better connection. :? :x :(
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

Play on a server that has an admin with half a clue :|.

Sorry, but that's about all you can do. Server admins can force anything - your /rate, your /r_picmip, anything. Of course, it's pointless and just BAD to be forcing those options on players, especially now we have b_antiwarp, but sadly many admins don't understand all the features of the mod.
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

a lot of people think lagging is cheating... so they limit your rate to be high numbers and don't allow a snaps under 20.

personally with 56k i think a snaps of 15 and a rate of 3000 makes the game run much better. that's probably why the admin is doing that... he probably is one of those numbnuts that think that everything you do is to cheat.
"Common sense isn't very common."