Spawn timer support

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

if spawn timing is acceptable and "is simply the way et is played", then there is no problem allowing it for pubs.
Herve

Post by Herve »

I saw someone use heron in a pub before. It made me laugh.
hiro

Post by hiro »

ouroboro wrote:cook! cook! bring me my hasenpfeffer!
:lol: rofl you made me spit tea on my keyboard!
psion

hmm

Post by psion »

first of all...great work bani and co..thx 4 etpro ;)

well i was reading the whole thread..hum...and i just recognized that most of those "bani fix abc & xyz" requests are related to puplic servers:\

its all like wtf?! and rofl ...

puplic gamin sux thats for sure... but the biggest problem with puplic gamin aint etpro or sommet...its the server admin who let their server run in huge 10 map campaigns.
they dun restrict panzerz nor they do with all the heavyweaponshit...
well i have more then one puplic server running myself...panzerz and heavyweapons restricted,small campaigns and noskillupgrades...its spamless etc..and now...guess what?!..all those nubbie pup allstars wont play there....cuz they cant act like little "buh look i ve 800xp!!!1" there;)
so servers were empty appart from a few players...now i changed back to big campaigns etc..and wheee...the nubberz came back xD...

blah bleh...whatever:f
dA*Rogue

Post by dA*Rogue »

puplic gamin sux thats for sure... but the biggest problem with puplic gamin aint etpro or sommet...its the server admin who let their server run in huge 10 map campaigns.
I hope you read this Hiro! :P Late-night ET on GA will be destroyed by this :(

Back on topic: Btw, Bani why did you state that a spawn timer would be integrated, or randomised spawn times would be brought in. I wasn't aware spawn camping was such an issue in comps. Regardless, as I said, integrating a spawn timer is fine IMHO - most decent teams have one anyway, and it's a shame some ppl can't use Heron or whatever.
Mat3k

Post by Mat3k »

Actually it takes a lot out of competitive play. The entire point of having a limited amount of time is exactly that, a limited amount of time. If you don't plant with 30 seconds left on the clock you lose, end of story.
We've seen plants with 29 + change left on the clock that lost, we've seen plants with 31 seconds on the clock that won.
Overtime for dyno planting with 1 second left when you defended for say 30 minutes extending gameplay for 30 seconds more is absolutely retarded and has no room in competitive play whatsoever.
Hmm, i still don't see what's wrong with that? You're calling it retarded, saying it takes a lot out of competition play, but you didn't tell why. That's what I'm trying to tell you. Have you read about it? It's not unfair for the defending team, because they get that extra time too when they are attacking in the next round, nobody is hurt by it, it just makes ppl defend till the last second runs out instead of loosening the defence and just caring for a frag once the timer hits 0:30. If you think it makes it unfair because one team gets more time then it should have, you don't get it completely, maybe that's why you dont agree.
The whole /kill issue is idiotic and stupid because it's a team game and in a match setting I'll /kill 30 times if needed, as long as it makes the team win. Whoohoo it adds it to my deaths. *shrug* Statwhore strips that out and gives me my true ratio if I really care.
OK, if you don't care about it at all, why bother, you didn't lose anything with it, some other people WERE bothered and they are happy now cuz its solved. Again, noone is hurt.
I think that this mod listens to much to stupidity in these very forums and when word gets out that the idiots posting here are once again bringing about stupid possible changes it brings out all the people with any bit of intelligence to tell all the morons to shut up and go back to playing shrub.
Like i said, this is partly true, there are a lot of noob posts with dumbass features, but they mostly get flamed because people dont agree with them. If they get support from a big crowd, what's the problem? Are you saying that people who really know about competition play are a minority here? Cuz i'd have to disagree on that.
Most of the stuff gets approval from leagues? That's why we have a) overtime dyno b) damage based xp and c) another noob idea brought up here.

Oh wait, we don't.
a) Overtime dyno isnt implemented yet, for now it's just a suggestion. That means leagues cant approve or disapprove, it just isnt there.
b) AFAIK ClanBase uses damage-based xp in their configs.
c) We have that too, you said it yourself :P but ok i know what you were trying to say.

I liked your second post better, perhaps i can agree on the third one.
:wink:
ownage

Post by ownage »

now go code simpleitems and dropweapon, T H A N K Y O U
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

fretn wrote:now that the spawntimer is implemented, I'll give a go at my 1-year old anti-spawncamp (not spawnkill) idea:

PUBS ONLY
b_maxpoints
b_spawnkillpoints (//panzer//3//mp40/0.5//ffe//2 ... )

when somebody performs a spawnkill, he recieves a spawnkill point (see b_spawnkillpoints), when he reaches g_maxpoints he can't spawn till the end of the round (or for some minutes).

in some situations (IMO) a spawnkill is not lame:

you are panzer, and you are running around, and you have to pass their spawn and they spawn at the exact same moment... imo it's silly to use your luger ;)

dyna is planted, a good spawnkill can be usefull to win the round.

but annoying players who are spawncamping all the time will be punished

reset it every sw-round/campaign/...
maybe it will turn out to be silly, I have no clue, if it is, just don't use it on the servers

lol this would be good in pub play, so the admins could set the max number, and then it would kick the person for spawncamping, heh
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

ownage wrote:now go code simpleitems and dropweapon, T H A N K Y O U
shouldnt it be PLEASE code simpleitems and dropweapon

ffs m8 u r complaining to a team who have given up alot of their free time over the past yr or so, making a FREE mod, for a FREE game.

now if bani and co ;) where to put a paypal account up i would hope to see your name at the top "£35 paid" as that is the going rate for a good game is it not.

TY GG ;)
hiro

Post by hiro »

seems to be a lot of interest in spawn timers. I wish to reitterate my earlier, half-joking suggestion and upgrade its status to serious suggestion!
hiro wrote:heh randomize spawn times but give field-ops an enemy spawn timer for an xp level :P
or lvl 1/2 battle sense so everyone can get it.
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

meh, so sick of ppl whimpering for dropweapon. you must realize that bani probably would make it so it didn't reload your weapon, like they did in the rtcw patch, right? so what's the big deal about wanting it so bad if there's no exploitable benefit? and simpleitems? ahem, sorry but NOBODY needs that for performance reasons anymore. it's 2004 and unless you live in namibia and play on a c64 with a 300baud handset cradle modem, you're pc can handle the vastly complex tris of the ammoboxes and medpacks...

final score on the importance scale? 0.5 out of 10 for each, total score: 1

for my money, the supreme ruler of the "must do" list will always include any and all things cheat-related. eliminating cheats from the game should be the driving force that wakes the etpro team up in the morning - besides the morning blowjobs from the bevy of beautiful etpro groupies they wake up to each day ;)
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

ouroboro wrote:you must realize that bani probably would make it so it didn't reload your weapon, like they did in the rtcw patch, right?
thats a "rtcw-exploit" that was fixed ages ago ...i dont think anyone exspect a exploit reload..if they do..they've played too much rtcw-mpdemo..and should be banned for uber-noobness j/k... :D

i think its simply to be able drop a weapon..to right after be able to pick up another, WITHOUT pressing activate.
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

yea, i suspected as much already, but i like sarcasm :) point is, if you see a gun on the ground, you SHOULD have to go "hey look, a gun!" and pick it up

just coz it was in rtcw dont make it better. maybe just stop making etpro altogether now that theres an rtcw mod...
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.
eclipse+

Post by eclipse+ »

Mat3k, Who gives a shit. Have Bani add all these stupid little features into bayonet, not etpro.
::Amish World Order::#awo @gamesurge.net::http://www.amishworldorder.org
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

would it not be easier for bani to scrap bayonET? and just make it so etpro can be put into comp/banyonet mode ?

just my 2 penneth but i probs totally wrong, nm :)